Spurs vs Brighton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So many melts on here. One bad performance and we're gonna fuck it up.

Top 4 is in our hands, we have an 8 point gap (at the moment) over Chelsea.

Tottenham Chelsea

Watford (H) Burnley (A)
West Brom (A) Swansea (A)
Newcastle (H) Liverpool (H)
Leicester (H) Huddersfield (H)
Newcastle (A)

They have much tougher games than us, and they have to rely on us dropping points. We have more than enough to finish 4th and win the cup.

Players have returned from injury, we have more talent all over the pitch and we have one of the best managers in Europe. Let's enjoy it.

Yes its in our hands. Whilst the spursy spurs of old haven't surfaced since at the end of 2015/2016 but we could see our 10 point gap halved tomorrow. Whilst Burnley are no pushovers. Chelsea may sense the opportunity to close the gap. 5 points isnt much. Everyone is right to be bricking it right now. Especially with Chelsea's comeback. Yes it was Southampton but 10 points and 2 goals down. Could turn into 5 points.

We did go backward this season because manu and city spent stupidly we can't compete with and liverpool overtook us because the team needed 5 or so home games to settle in Wembley.

Finally on a train back. What a shambles of a place in terms of transport. Beautiful stadium, to be fair, and a good atmosphere from Brighton. Glad they’re staying up but they’re not an attractive side. We should have some time with Chris Hughton as that’s 180 minutes this season where they’re made us look very ordinary. We really need to wake up. I hope the Chelsea result has not made us complacent.

Yes its in our hands. Whilst the spursy spurs of old haven't surfaced since at the end of 2015/2016 but we could see our 10 point gap halved tomorrow. Whilst Burnley are no pushovers. Chelsea may sense the opportunity to close the gap. 5 points isnt much. Everyone is right to be bricking it right now.
Its strange how pissed off & offended people get if people worry about us failing. People can't help how they feel. I think a lot of it is to say I'm a better fan & for agrees/likes on here. But equally they have a right to melt over melter's & be drama queens about it if that's how they feel.

Its strange how pissed off & offended people get if people worry about us failing. People can't help how they feel. I think a lot of it is to say I'm a better fan & for agrees/likes on here. But equally they have a right to melt over melter's & be drama queens about it if that's how they feel.
Look who's back. After a loss and draw no less. Curious.

I’m not. 6 changes with a FA cup semi-final on the horizon? Pretty understandable performance really.
I thought it was poor. It was poor. But maybe 1 point is better than fuck all and takes us a small step closer to CL foootball at the end of the day....After my post match explosion its just dawned on me that we didnt actually lose.

Spurs have a massive problem in both full wing back positions. Rose may never reach his best again, we sold Walker. It's a massive weakness highlighted Saturday night and tonight. Sissoko and Wanyama are pretty average clumsy backward players. Dembele is brilliant but wants out. As for Lloris, I would not rank him in the top 5 premiership keepers. We have problems.

Although tonight hasn't helped put it to bed and we have no reason to take it for granted, If we get top 4 this season:
  • Whilst the top 6 have all improved and we have spent the least
  • Whilst playing our home games at Wembley
  • Whilst losing key players to injury, selling Walker and other key players alluding to want to do the same
That is an underrated and quite brilliant achievement in my view

Just a quick one...

Is 4th an automatic qualification for champs league group stage or do we have to play a 2 legged qualifier?

Didnt know if there were changes or not.

I thought it was poor. It was poor. But maybe 1 point is better than fuck all and takes us a small step closer to CL foootball at the end of the day....After my post match explosion its just dawned on me that we didnt actually lose.
We are still well set to get 4th. I think we will but obviously until we do we can't relax. I think we can forget 2nd & even 3rd will be a big ask. But we should have enough for 4th.

Indeed, but managers instill winning mentalities - Pochettino is yet to showcase the capacity to do so.
Bullshit. Fuck off. Not having that. What the fuck do you understand about the PL era at our club? Poch has absolutely revolutionised the whole mentality of Tottenham Hotspur. What the fuck have the past two seasons and our year away at Wembley taught you? Fuck all it seems you stupid cunt. Fuck off and pick another team.

I thought it was poor. It was poor. But maybe 1 point is better than fuck all and takes us a small step closer to CL foootball at the end of the day....After my post match explosion its just dawned on me thst we didnt actually lose.
1 point is definitely better than fuck all, but there were mitigating circumstances for tonight’s performance. Saturday’s game is more important. You’d like to see us win a trophy wouldn’t you? Football history is littered with half-arsed performances before big games. Nothing to be too worried about.

Disappointing result considering the amount of possession - again. Brighton played like an away team and we struggled to break them down. What was up with the pitch, couldn't keep our feet. Ah well, roll on Saturday, let's hope everyone is up for it and we get something for our endeavours.

Honestly with only 4 games to go and only 40 points off relegation, I believe we will crumble. Stoke are much better than us, especially with the lethal Peter Crouch up front.

Championship next season I'm afraid.

Back
Top Bottom