Scott Houghton with an afro - Marcus Edwards

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The lad needs only take a look at Sessegnon to see what could be if he opens his eyes & ears & stops acting the Cock.

To be honest, he sounds like a bit of a dickhead.

He’s very young (so is Sessegnon) & has time on his side to get his attitude right, but does anyone else have concerns that he’s boarded his own hype train a bit prematurely?

The lad needs only take a look at Sessegnon to see what could be if he opens his eyes & ears & stops acting the Cock.

To be honest, he sounds like a bit of a dickhead.

He’s very young (so is Sessegnon) & has time on his side to get his attitude right, but does anyone else have concerns that he’s boarded his own hype train a bit prematurely?
I also think we (the fans I mean) tend to hugely overrate our yoot dem

Last edited:
Always seems to be the ones you don't think'll make it that end up doing so or the ones that don't seem so spectacular.

Not to say Edwards won't make it. I hope he knuckles down and does well enough that he goes back out on loan to Norwich next season when we nab Maddison off them.

I also think we (the fans I mean) tend to hugely overrate our yoot dem
Ah, but that's the price we pay for having unearthed Kane, and to some extent, Winks...
Even players like Pritchard, Townsend Mason (until THAT) are all good quality Premier League players...
There's not many clubs can boast a Yoot system like ours (Southampton perhaps, but theirs all had to leave) I love the fact that Poch/the Club are prepared to give debuts to young players... even if they don't necessarily make it with us in the long run... they WILL have a future in the game.
That creates expectation... and as we know... Spurs fans ain't good at dealing with expectation.

It seems obvious to me that Norwich have some kind of agreement to loan Edwards next season too. It seems odd for a club to be so vocal about wanting to develop a young player at this late stage in the season. You always hope that a loan can make an immediate impact but for Norwich there seems to be a bigger picture.

Either that or he's actually toilet :pochshock:

If you take a joke too serious it may end up in the white house.

south-park-donald-trump-1505159129.png

I didn't think he'd be involved at all and said as much.

I said that in regards to the claims that "he will be a starter this year". He won't be a starter for years to come, if ever.

Eriksen, Lamela, Moura, Alli, Son...

We've made it incredibly hard for any youth attacking players to break through, yet at the same time that's as strong an attacking line up I can ever remember us having.
Well you went against the grain & were right. Now, it wouldn't be a big shock if he never comes back & plays for us.

Boom! Exactly what I said to his old man a few months ago. He needs to hit the fucking gym. He's weak.
This is an aspect of youth development that the club seems to be neglecting. I know not why.
It’s down to the player.
You can’t make them train more.
Of course he would be given a regime to improve his upper body strength.
He’s probably only been using weights since 13/14 and they are not going to push you too much.
He’s 19 now, not naturally a big lad. It’s down to him. He’s going to have to eat properly and work harder than other s
But from experience I know some players who are only interested in training when there’s a ball involved.
Usually the most technically talented.

Anyway Onomah, Tangana, Sterling, Harrison, Maghoma Marsh are all big strong lads. Don’t think we neglect it. Just they are built different, bigger and will develop faster,
Marcus is tiny.

No, he’s a good player
It’s completely up to him.
He’s not overrated
He’s just been one of those kids who has found it all too easy with his talent and needs to get his head in gear.
I think the best thing for him would to be to play him in a game and let him see how far he really is from Championship level.
That may be soon becuase with 11 left they don’t look like they will need to fight relegation or fight for play offs.

I remember someone calling Kane just another Lee Barnard.

In fairness, Barnard is only 33 so there’s no telling how amazing he might still become.
At 19, Harry Kane was at Millwall showing not many signs of becoming the best striker in the World. Give him until 22-23 until we start writing our youngsters off.

At 19, Harry Kane was at Millwall showing not many signs of becoming the best striker in the World. Give him until 22-23 until we start writing our youngsters off.

I’ve mentioned it before, but there was a guy called Raxallion (or something like that) who posted on SC, and he called it from the beginning.

Even before Kane had made his debut for us this poster was saying ‘the Hurrikane is coming’, and insisting he had the potential to be world class. Constantly raving about him. I’d love to buy that guy a pint!

I think my first comment on Kane was that he reminded me a little bit of Teddy Sheringham. I was certainly on the Kane train early on, mainly because of that positive poster who watched Kane’s youth games.

I certainly won’t be writing Edwards off just yet.

It’s down to the player.
You can’t make them train more.
Of course he would be given a regime to improve his upper body strength.
He’s probably only been using weights since 13/14 and they are not going to push you too much.
He’s 19 now, not naturally a big lad. It’s down to him. He’s going to have to eat properly and work harder than other s
But from experience I know some players who are only interested in training when there’s a ball involved.
Usually the most technically talented.

Anyway Onomah, Tangana, Sterling, Harrison, Maghoma Marsh are all big strong lads. Don’t think we neglect it. Just they are built different, bigger and will develop faster,
Marcus is tiny.
You see a size difference when our kids play Chelsea, and other clubs as well.
Marsh and Sterling are quite small in stature and Harrison is a bean pole.
Marcus Edwards is 5' 6''? At that height he could get chunky in less than 6 months.

And if striker wasn’t such a pile of shit position for us when Kane got his big break. If Soldado had been who we expected, and Ade hadn’t gone so wrong, Kane probably never gets that run...wonder where he’d be at today?

Similarly I honestly doubt Edwards makes a breakthrough at the club - even if he gets his head right. There just too much talent, and too young, ahead of him. If he ever gets a run at Spurs then it’s probably all gone to shit, honestly. Like Pritchard before him, his future lies elsewhere.

A lot of similar words said here that were said of Harry Kane.
I don’t think anyone criticised Kane for his attitude. It was ability (yes, I know!) that some thought would be his undoing.
So you’re absolutely correct not to write off youth team players. The murmurings from Norwich about his attitude (quoted in this thread) are a cause for legitimate concern though, because big things have been expected from this young man & Norwich is an ideal place for him to start his route to first team football.
It’s down to him

Back
Top Bottom