Scott Houghton with an afro - Marcus Edwards

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How much more motivation do you need ffs?

Close down, track back and you are likely to become a superstar or at the very least a good premier league player.

Just a matter of effort and concentration.

The same could be said of Dele
Defensively I disagree 100%

Dele has adapted to the high press perfectly almost and very rarely do we see him in bad defensive positions. He also can get stuck in (particularly as a CM) and does a decent mileage most games (one of fittest in team too).

He needs to grow up when it comes to backheel volley attempts when a sidefoot would have done the job, these things aren't too frequent though.

Defensively I disagree 100%

Dele has adapted to the high press perfectly almost and very rarely do we see him in bad defensive positions. He also can get stuck in (particularly as a CM) and does a decent mileage most games (one of fittest in team too).

He needs to grow up when it comes to backheel volley attempts when a sidefoot would have done the job, these things aren't too frequent though.
I was talking about the need to grow up, mate. I agree with everything you say.

To think a lot of us thought he would be involved a fair bit for us this season.
Shows what we know. I'd have thought walker-peters would have played more after the newcastle game at the start of the season too.

Unfair to lump KWP in with Edwards.

By many accounts KWP is a hard-working lad with a good head on his shoulders.

Edwards seems to feel very entitled and can't stay fit.

Unfair to lump KWP in with Edwards.

By many accounts KWP is a hard-working lad with a good head on his shoulders.

Edwards seems to feel very entitled and can't stay fit.

I dont want to speak for Scott, but I will. Think you missed his point a little Macch. I read it as he wasnt putting KWP's attitude in line with Edwards', but he was pointing out that after the Newcastle game we thought we'd see more of KWP due to his performance. We all pretty much did. But he hasnt put much of a run together of game time.

Scott was pointing out that a lot of what we think is or will happen, usually doesnt.

Good to see Marcus getting his head down though. probably needed to be out of the spurs bubble for a while to get some clarity and perspective.

I dont want to speak for Scott, but I will. Think you missed his point a little Macch. I read it as he wasnt putting KWP's attitude in line with Edwards', but he was pointing out that after the Newcastle game we thought we'd see more of KWP due to his performance. We all pretty much did. But he hasnt put much of a run together of game time.

Scott was pointing out that a lot of what we think is or will happen, usually doesnt.

Good to see Marcus getting his head down though. probably needed to be out of the spurs bubble for a while to get some clarity and perspective.
Spot on. Exactly what I meant.
KWP was good against newcastle, so you would have thought he would have gone on to play more games for us by now. Football is very unpredictable. I wasn't lumping him in with edwards who I agree is best left to develop out of the spotlight.

To think a lot of us thought he would be involved a fair bit for us this season.
Shows what we know. I'd have thought walker-peters would have played more after the newcastle game at the start of the season too.
agree, its hard to fathom a player is PL ready unless he is thrown in and you can directly compare. . You just hope the Norwich way does him right.

Edwards is nothing more than a wee Instagram footballer. He's fuck all. Too light, too unaware of the wider game. Get the cunt off the payroll pronto.

I fucken called this one months, perhaps over a year, ago. No cunt listened. As always, when I tell you cunts what you don't want to hear, you attack.

Edwards is nothing more than a wee Instagram footballer. He's fuck all. Too light, too unaware of the wider game. Get the cunt off the payroll pronto.

I fucken called this one months, perhaps over a year, ago. No cunt listened. As always, when I tell you cunts what you don't want to hear, you attack.

Calm down, Begbie.

I didn't think he'd be involved at all and said as much.

People said all this last year too. I have a feeling for the next 3-4 years people will be saying this every year.

I said that in regards to the claims that "he will be a starter this year". He won't be a starter for years to come, if ever.

Eriksen, Lamela, Moura, Alli, Son...

We've made it incredibly hard for any youth attacking players to break through, yet at the same time that's as strong an attacking line up I can ever remember us having.

Boom! Exactly what I said to his old man a few months ago. He needs to hit the fucking gym. He's weak.
This is an aspect of youth development that the club seems to be neglecting. I know not why.

Two reasons I would say:
1st - It is something that you can always add later on. Best not to start with the heavy weights etc. while the body is still developing - bad for the long term health and fitness of a young player.
2nd - The players need to show some initiative themselves. If they want to make it as a pro, and they can tell that their issue is they are being muscled off the ball too easily, they should hit the gym off their own accord in order to improve that side of the game. They can't rely on the coaches to tell them what to do every second of the day.

Back
Top Bottom