Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I find infuriating is it's the same people in the media criticising us for not spending hundreds of millions in transfers that also complain that the England team is shit and home grown players don't get a chance.

We aught to be lauded for our approach and I find it baffling that we aren't. Until the Walker sale we were providing 5 of the starting 11 for England! With Winks and a Trippier now breaking into the squad. I fucking hate our media circus and the two face, hypocritical cunts that perform in it.

I am patient, every Spurs supporter is patient, we haven't won anything for 10 years or so...
BUT how about are senior players or best XI? They have no obligation to play and win nothing, now this worries me.
Since when is how well the players perform on pitch Levy's job? That's on Pochettino.

If you don't think Tottenham play in the PL with ambition to win silverware you are fooling yourself. They just don't want to win it by throwing huge piles of money at it.

Last edited:
Daniel Levy's comments sounds like a Chancellor of the Exchequer and a Bank of England Governor. Not a footballing man.

You do realise those comments where made as part of a Nasdaq Q&A at the American Stock Exchange?

Hardly gonna be banging on about whether Onomah should be playing a deeper role is he?

Some supporters we dreaming of marquee signings few weeks ago.

Oh FFS.

We've got the best starting XI/XII in the country, and as its been together for a pre-season that (with Trippier v Watford) started December 2016 last season, it knows how to play as a genuine team not a bunch of individuals.

And with the exception of Walker, the pre-season started in August 2016. By the time the season starts, they'll have been together A whole YEAR.

Now, what "Marquee signings" are going to be happy with a place on the bench? Who would you drop from the team, where not even a 14 PL goal Son can get a guaranteed start? Where an International Left Back can't get a game unless Rose is injured? Where a really great Midfielder called Eric Dier who is being touted as future Spurs and England captain has to make do in the back 3/4 because Big Vic is even better in MF and just can't be dropped?

Anyone we buy has to be a squad player. If Barkley comes in from Everton, he's got to understand he's an understudy to Dele and Eriksen, 2 of the best players in the division.

I've had enough of this "WE'VE GOTTA BUY SOMEONE.....ANYONE!!!!!'

No we don't. If we pick up another decent RB to rotate with KT and KWP, I'm happy with that. Hardly Marquee though.

What are you worried about exactly? That he carries on running the club in in the same way that has got us to where we are today?
He has done a wonderful job, no club have achieved so much with limited resources and budget. Over the moon 3rd and 2nd in the EPL in the last two seasons.
The next stage is crucial, to sustain what we have and to go forward. Wembley worries me for a starter, last year unbeaten at WHL but can we keep the same. The main concern is to keep our best XI, those players want to win trophies if not more money. When they see not happening they think twice....

Very harsh. I had a couple of agrees earlier.
But I suppose they're not Spurs fans either in your book.
I don't think you quite understand that loving the club and Loving the owners do not have to go hand in hand.
Saying someone ain't a fan because they highlight our lack of silverware or criticise our transfer activity is quite childish tbh
I think you're experiencing what Woolwich fans are experiencing when Wilshere is about to return. Lamela isn't all that and is one of our most replaceable players

Ridiculous comment

And you wonder why you get stick

I don't think you are a racist but I do think you're a troll and not a particularly clever one at that!

He has done a wonderful job, no club have achieved so much with limited resources and budget. Over the moon 3rd and 2nd in the EPL in the last two seasons.
The next stage is crucial, to sustain what we have and to go forward. Wembley worries me for a starter, last year unbeaten at WHL but can we keep the same. The main concern is to keep our best XI, those players want to win trophies if not more money. When they see not happening they think twice....

We can't pay as much as the other "top" teams, we don't have unlimited Russian or Arab oil money. What do you propose Levy do?

Fine. You're on ignore. There you go.
Not gonna cry & say the flows ruined like you.
Shame you couldn't do it because you wanted to follow me around & post to me.

Is that 4 of us now?

You boring negative cunt!

Last edited:
I'm incredibly frustrated about how this window is panning out.
However, i agree with 99% of what Levy had to say. He's totally right about the sustainability issue. Inevitably, there will be a downturn - similar to what happened in Italy late 90s/early 00s. There is also a moral issue at play, but i cannot be bothered getting in to that.
Remember Financial Fair Play?
this.
right now top (ish) players are starting at £50m, and even decent-good players are being touted up to £40m. Spurs are in the great position where we can watch other teams spending shit loads on average players because, simply, we dont need to. also factor in that the types of wage you need for buys of that magnitude are outside of our wage structure.
Unless an incredible bargain or genuine top class player becomes available i'm happy with things.

Oh FFS.

We've got the best starting XI/XII in the country, and as its been together for a pre-season that (with Trippier v Watford) started December 2016 last season, it knows how to play as a genuine team not a bunch of individuals.

And with the exception of Walker, the pre-season started in August 2016. By the time the season starts, they'll have been together A whole YEAR.

Now, what "Marquee signings" are going to be happy with a place on the bench? Who would you drop from the team, where not even a 14 PL goal Son can get a guaranteed start? Where an International Left Back can't get a game unless Rose is injured? Where a really great Midfielder called Eric Dier who is being touted as future Spurs and England captain has to make do in the back 3/4 because Big Vic is even better in MF and just can't be dropped?

Anyone we buy has to be a squad player. If Barkley comes in from Everton, he's got to understand he's an understudy to Dele and Eriksen, 2 of the best players in the division.

I've had enough of this "WE'VE GOTTA BUY SOMEONE.....ANYONE!!!!!'

No we don't. If we pick up another decent RB to rotate with KT and KWP, I'm happy with that. Hardly Marquee though.
Our 16/17 season is very overrated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom