Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daniel Levy's comments sounds like a Chancellor of the Exchequer and a Bank of England Governor. Not a footballing man.
he's not a footballing man really, he's responsible for the finances of the club. I'd rather he made comments like he has instead of "its a game of two halves, i'm sick as a parrot and we've got the stadium knocked down early doors and we've shown a lot of desire to get on the end of JCB"

Daniel Levy's comments sounds like a Chancellor of the Exchequer and a Bank of England Governor. Not a footballing man.
I'd rather the former than the latter
"At the end of the day our scouts are honest as the day is long, they give 100% to this football club, some days transfers just aren't meant to be. Mauriccio is not that kind of manager and he'll be disappointed with that if I'm honest"

he's not a footballing man really, he's responsible for the finances of the club. I'd rather he made comments like he has instead of "its a game of two halves, i'm sick as a parrot and we've got the stadium knocked down early doors and we've shown a lot of desire to get on the end of JCB"
Oh you beat me to it (And better)
If anything I've tried to be too cute there, Clive.

I am a worried supporter today after Levy's comments. There is nothing in his statements mentions or suggests Spurs want to win trophies.
He is talking about £20m and £30m players being too much where he just sold Walker for £50m.
I would have been more convinced if he had said we are building £800m or so stadium and we have tight budget on signings.
Some supporters we dreaming of marquee signings few weeks ago.

Last edited:
JKC4FNs.jpg

I am a worried supporter today after Levy's comments. There is nothing in his statements mentions or suggests Spurs want to win trophies.
Why are you worried?

Levy has said multiple times that he wants the team to win trophies (otherwise he wouldn't be chairman of his boyhood club). But he is a patient man who doesn't feel a need to rush foolhardedly into it. He wants the trophies to come once the new stadium is finished. New stadium, new tottenham, new titles sort of thing.

The team is just operating ahead of schedule and punching over their weightclass. He probably expected us to be a 4th-5th place team at this point in the stadium development and to become a title contender once it is finished.

Why are you worried?

Levy has said multiple times that he wants the team to win trophies (otherwise he wouldn't be chairman of his boyhood club). But he is a patient man who doesn't feel a need to rush foolhardedly into it.

I am patient, every Spurs supporter is patient, we haven't won anything for 10 years or so...
BUT how about are senior players or best XI? They have no obligation to play and win nothing, now this worries me.

He is talking about £20m and £30m players being too much where he just sold Walker for £50m.
I would have been more convinced if he had said we are building £800m or so stadium and we have tight budget on signings.
Some supporters we dreaming of marquee signings few weeks ago.
What are you worried about exactly? That he carries on running the club in in the same way that has got us to where we are today?

SPEND FUCKING BILLIONS. BUY NEYMAR AND SUAREZ, FUCK FINANCIAL FAIR PLAY. I WANT TO BUY MY TROPHIES, NOT EARN THEM. GIVE KANE 500K A WEEK AND GIVE HIM MY AUTOGRAPH. I WANT HARRY WINKS TO BE COATED IN GOLD TO SHOW I LOVE HIM.

Fuck, I'm such a "football man".

Amazes me - people look at City and Chelsea with disgust and then secretly admire them.

I would like us to buy 1-2 big players, but the way people are panicking and some of the shit that's coming out is incredible.

"Hmm, Levy. We're building a £600-800mil Stadium. Should we spunk £100mil on new players?"

Levy said "There have been no players we wanted and couldn't afford". Clearly if we want someone we will get them.

I'm incredibly frustrated about how this window is panning out.
However, i agree with 99% of what Levy had to say. He's totally right about the sustainability issue. Inevitably, there will be a downturn - similar to what happened in Italy late 90s/early 00s. There is also a moral issue at play, but i cannot be bothered getting in to that.
Remember Financial Fair Play?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom