And so,the F.A Cup!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A nice little return to the 1970s for some of you youngsters. Bring your minerals.
Haha true, my old man always told me how we took the den in the late 70's. I even recall seeing a picture of leaflets thrown out in the Shelf the week before saying everyone should meet up and go south together, finished with "DON'T BOTTLE IT!"

Last edited:
Sorry if you aren't 45 or above you won't have any experience of that old school atmosphere, we are at home too so more likely to get burnt by a piping hot Latte than smashed with a snooker ball in a sock me thinks!

I know the Arse v Non-League thing sticks in the craw, but you could also take the view that three ties against 2nd Division opposition and one against a 4th Division team, with three of the four at home, is hardly Everest-the-hard-way stuff

Maybe... but there were plenty of people predicting/fearing that todays' Fulham game would be a potential banana skin for us... some even predicted an upset!
I don't see the same level of pessimism about tomorrows' game at Gander Green Lane!!

A Championship club, doing well in their division, and taking the competition seriously are a far harder proposition than a mid-table/lower Premier League club who couldn't really give a shit if they go out or not!! ...and even less than a 'plucky' Non-league side just glad to be there!! ...I think the biggest upset Sutton will cause if if they don't get to swap shirts at the Final whistle!

Harry the dog is a poodle.

Haha true, my old man always told me how we took the den in the late 70's. I even recall seeing a picture of leaflets thrown out in the Shelf the week before saying everyone should meet up and go south together, finished with "DON'T BOTTLE IT!"

I was there on boxing day 1977. Great day out. There were leaflets handed out in the PL and Shelf organising a meet at London Bridge for the great walk south.

Mental day.

As I say, will be an eye opener for our youngsters. Bring your A game or stay at home and watch Eastenders.

Probability of 4 early Sunday home kick offs in a row.

On the plus side I will save a fortune by not drinking heavily on Saturdays

I guess the the met will want a 12 KO for this, I think I will get a ticket as many regulars and families with more LPs will sit this one out. I wonder if all the old boys from the 80's will come back from retirement...

Back
Top Bottom