New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It seems like there was some kind of glitch on the Spurs website this morning, and when people were clicking "see view from seat" when buying tickets for the Gent game at Wembley, they were shown photos of views from inside our new ground.

A few of the shots that were shown: (big up EJG on that Skyscrapercity forum who dug these out and posted them after they had been deleted from the Spurs website):

6dNTuHY.jpg

MCYr4oW.jpg

xS2jEBz.jpg

A23mWJJ.jpg

XMP3VGM.jpg

Walked through the new stadium on Saturday and noticed their were seats put into the back row of the North stand lower tier.

Looked like posh seats so I'm guessing its so they can take people to sit in when they're looking for premium seats

Walked through the new stadium on Saturday and noticed their were seats put into the back row of the North stand lower tier.

Looked like posh seats so I'm guessing its so they can take people to sit in when they're looking for premium seats
They have been there since before Christmas. Supposed to be testing a variety of versions and colours for fade etc. I've been on the premium seat pitch and they are not part of it.

I asked the fella in my local who is working on the stadium whether it was ahead of schedule.He is not allowed to say anything about it,but judging by his body language and facial expressions, we are defiantly not ahead.

Tottenham must inform the Football Association by the end of March whether they intend to play Premier League football at Wembley Stadium next season.

The north London club are pressing ahead with plans to stage ‘home’ league matches at the national stadium in 2017-18, before moving into their new 61,000-seat ground for the 2018-19 campaign.

Standard Sport can reveal that Tottenham have a little more than two months remaining before they need to activate their option to play at the 90,000-capacity ground. Tottenham are said to be relaxed about the deadline and remain focused on Wembley for next season.

Though the Premier League set no formal date for clubs to confirm a venue for home fixtures, they expect them to do so several months before the start of a new season.

Tottenham say their stadium project, costing about £750million, is on track. Yet faced with such a complex initiative, the club believe it would be rash to commit completely to anything until they can be 100 per cent certain of their timetable.

They have already held meetings with FA officials about media access and player facilities for next season.

That means 2016-17 will almost certainly be the last at White Hart Lane. Though there has been little fanfare as yet, Spurs say their situation is different from those of Woolwich and West Ham.

Whereas those clubs were relocating from Highbury and Upton Park respectively, Spurs are moving only a stone’s throw from White Hart Lane – staying in the area rather than leaving. Nevertheless, club staff have been working on celebrations for the final year at their current home. More will be known about these once the picture becomes clearer with Wembley.

D-Day for Tottenham's Wembley plans as decision deadline approaches

Tottenham must inform the Football Association by the end of March whether they intend to play Premier League football at Wembley Stadium next season.

The north London club are pressing ahead with plans to stage ‘home’ league matches at the national stadium in 2017-18, before moving into their new 61,000-seat ground for the 2018-19 campaign.

Standard Sport can reveal that Tottenham have a little more than two months remaining before they need to activate their option to play at the 90,000-capacity ground. Tottenham are said to be relaxed about the deadline and remain focused on Wembley for next season.

Though the Premier League set no formal date for clubs to confirm a venue for home fixtures, they expect them to do so several months before the start of a new season.

Tottenham say their stadium project, costing about £750million, is on track. Yet faced with such a complex initiative, the club believe it would be rash to commit completely to anything until they can be 100 per cent certain of their timetable.

They have already held meetings with FA officials about media access and player facilities for next season.

That means 2016-17 will almost certainly be the last at White Hart Lane. Though there has been little fanfare as yet, Spurs say their situation is different from those of Woolwich and West Ham.

Whereas those clubs were relocating from Highbury and Upton Park respectively, Spurs are moving only a stone’s throw from White Hart Lane – staying in the area rather than leaving. Nevertheless, club staff have been working on celebrations for the final year at their current home. More will be known about these once the picture becomes clearer with Wembley.

D-Day for Tottenham's Wembley plans as decision deadline approaches

2 months to pick yup a phone & say " Yes"

A comparison of our footprint compared to the Blue Scum...
31944069350_4d691f4d34_b.jpg
It's weird - the architecture/mock up pictures of the new Chelsea stadium made me think the structure would be noticeably bigger than the new WHL - but apparently not.

The only bits that stick out further than the shape of our new stadium are the brutal brick columns - and that's something the road layout of Tottenham would never have allowed us to do with the stadium anyway.
Anyone know what the asymmetrical shape of the Chelsea stadium stands will do to the atmosphere?

It will probably be quite atmospheric even if it is ugly inside and out.
The ugliness will probably help! Very dark and gloomy inside, so they'll be able to generate an intimidating visual backdrop at the very least.
I wonder how limiting it will be in 10 plus years as I can only see it being used for football.
I know people are a bit 'mixed' on us getting the NFL deal, but the alternative is one of the other London clubs capitalising on it instead. I'm very glad Chelsea won't be given an extra boost of financial doping.

Back
Top Bottom