New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

From the Official Site
"21-metre, 10-tonne columns that will form part of the new west stand entrance were delivered on 80ft trucks today! "
0i1MoSx.jpg

mRVA5L6.jpg

CwmcYZy.jpg

"The columns will be installed throughout the week and will make up the structure of the new west stand entrance. "

eM0UTDy.jpg

cIsln09.jpg

It seems like there was some kind of glitch on the Spurs website this morning, and when people were clicking "see view from seat" when buying tickets for the Gent game at Wembley, they were shown photos of views from inside our new ground.

A few of the shots that were shown: (big up EJG on that Skyscrapercity forum who dug these out and posted them after they had been deleted from the Spurs website):

6dNTuHY.jpg

MCYr4oW.jpg

xS2jEBz.jpg

A23mWJJ.jpg

XMP3VGM.jpg

can't wait to get in that single tier stand. Looks incredible.

Even if we completely demolished and cleared WHL by tomorrow afternoon, playing in our new stadium next season would be a tall order.

That's not happening, so neither are we playing in our new stadium next season.

At least at MK we would not have the opposition treating our home games as cup finals for an entire season. I was all up for Wembley until the CL games and they I realised it's a bad idea.

Still, I guess if we finish outside top four next season then we can focus on winning our first PL title in our first season at the new WHL without a serious European distraction.

At least at MK we would not have the opposition treating our home games as cup finals for an entire season. I was all up for Wembley until the CL games and they I realised it's a bad idea.

Still, I guess if we finish outside top four next season then we can focus on winning our first PL title in our first season at the new WHL without a serious European distraction.

First PL title in our last season at the old WHL sounds better to me!!
:pocheyes:

Even if the stadium could be finished in time for that which seems near on impossible, it's still impossible without revamping the public transport and the infrastructure which certainly can't happen in 8 months.

It would be amazing though.
There's been a lot of rumours circulating that Levy is hopeful of us moving into it next season

Why are people suddenly wishing for MK Stadium, it's miles from Tottenham. Wembley was our best option in term of location (we're never sharing with Woolwich or Spanners). We've already started to overcome playing at Wembley. We need to get used to having 50-60k crowds. MK is a small ground that cannot house the amount of fans that go to our matches.

We need to get used to having 50-60k crowds. MK is a small ground that cannot house the amount of fans that go to our matches.
More importantly we also need to get used to playing as the "home team" on a big pitch (Wembley and NDP considerably bigger than WHL).

That's one of the main reasons why Spam have suffered this season. At WHL this season, they set out to close us down, and did it very effectively. They were winning until the 89th minute and not looking in too much danger. Last week, home to Citeh, they couldnt get close to them. Absolutely battered, men against boys.

I've found a lot of the people who wanted to go to Wembley over MK because "it's in London" then when they realised they wont be able to get a ST amnesty at Wembley and our (largely) unsuccessful games this season in the CL means they now want spurs to go to MK but then will probably have a season off anyway

Just my experience from speaking to people

More importantly we also need to get used to playing as the "home team" on a big pitch (Wembley and NDP considerably bigger than WHL).

That's one of the main reasons why Spam have suffered this season. At WHL this season, they set out to close us down, and did it very effectively. They were winning until the 89th minute and not looking in too much danger. Last week, home to Citeh, they couldnt get close to them. Absolutely battered, men against boys.

There is a full sized pitch at the training centre. We play on them every other week, at the likes of OT, Woolwich, Anfield, City etc. I do believe Wembley is more of a psychological issue, rather than fitness/tactical issue. We are one of the fittest sides in the league. I don't live in London anymore and getting to MK would be easier than Wembley for me. However as we are a London side and our fan base is largely there, we need to stay as close to Tottenham as possible.

Back
Top Bottom