And so,the F.A Cup!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

WycombeWanderer

That is an absolute beaut of a photo. Old school football scene at it's finest.

960px-Loakes_Park_-_FA_Trophy_semi-final_day.jpg
did they used to ground share at the Oval?

Great draw, I've seen Wycombe play quite a few times this season (I live here) and they're playing some good football at times. Hopefully this will be a good game

Friendly Wycombe Season Ticket Holder here. We are all ecstatic at the draw. Should be a great away day and we should easily sell out the allocation. This is our current form for anyone interested. In the two competitive games before this run we beat Portsmouth away in the first round and drew away at Doncaster who are top of the league. We also have a striker called Scott Kashket who is absolutely awesome, and should be playing at a much higher level. He is tiny, but has great footwork, intelligent movement, pinpoint finishing and is really speedy. Works brilliantly in a big man - little man partnership with Akinfenwa who is always a handful. Happy to answer any questions?

image.jpg
any pics of your mum? just a forum tradition here..

Ball number 26 :king:
And straight out of the hat. I feel like this could be an omen. Closing the season with an fa cup win at the very ground we'll be calling home next year.

Also why is everyone asking about visiting Wycombe? Aren't we at home?

That friendly Wycombe fan.....awww he´s like our own little tour guide.

All fun and games now mate yeah, but beat us and make us a laughing stoke, i fucking knock you mate, yeah
No problem with him at all personally. He came here after the draw, why would he have come earlier? He has not tried to be a smart arse or troll, I reckon he is welcome.
The ones who arrive here for the first time on match day and are obviously on a wind up, they are the ones I have an issue with.

That made me smile. I'm genuinely happy for them.
Love it. That's the beauty of the FA Cup. This is a massive draw for them, it'll make them money even if they lose. Yes, they will probably get beat, but it is not a forgone conclusion and that opportunity to beat us is exciting for them and the neutral.

As wonderfully heartening as it is to see Players of the plucky smaller club so made up and excited at drawing Spurs as 'one of the Big Boys' ...that footage is all rather indicative of today's' modern society.
'Cos when these lads look back in years to come on what was filmed at that precise moment they found out the news... all they're gonna see is footage of everyone else taking footage...

It's like they forgot to actually celebrate, 'cos they were too busy filming it... and what they're left with, are a few whoops, and mainly young blokes on mobile phones pointing right back at them!

Hardly the stuff memories are made of, is it??

Last edited:

As wonderfully heartening as it is to see the plucky smaller club so made up and excited at drawing 'one of the Big Boys' ...that footage is all rather indicative of today's' modern society.
'Cos when these lads look back in years to come on what was filmed at that precise moment they found out the news... all they're gonna see is footage of everyone else taking footage...

It's like they forgot to actually celebrate, 'cos they were too busy filming it... and what they're left with, are a few whoops, and mainly young blokes on mobile phones pointing right back at them!

Agree with this so much... but it's just the same as when "Oh When the Spurs" starts up and every other twat gets their phone out; or when there is a penalty and every single fucker wants to film it. It's as if they don't realize that the TV footage will be better than their shit, shaky restricted view.

Embarrassing really but definitely a problem of modern day.... "up on the blog so everyone knows" culture.

Agree with this so much... but it's just the same as when "Oh When the Spurs" starts up and every other twat gets their phone out; or when there is a penalty and every single fucker wants to film it. It's as if they don't realize that the TV footage will be better than their shit, shaky restricted view.

Embarrassing really but definitely a problem of modern day.... "up on the blog so everyone knows" culture.
You agreed with mine, so I'll agree with yours!

I think the day isn't too far away now, whereby a goal is met by cold stoney silence, 'cos everyone has decided to film the reaction of everyone else...
...except there won't be a reaction from everyone else, 'cos everyone else is too busy filming what everyone else is doing... which is being too busy filming them filming everyone else!

It's like standing with your back to a mirror, then holding up another mirror to look back at your reflection, and being surprised to see anything else other than infinite reflections of the back of your head!

...repeat and discuss ad infinitum... and discuss and repeat...!

You agreed with mine, so I'll agree with yours!

I think the day isn't too far away now, whereby a goal is met by cold stoney silence, 'cos everyone has decided to film the reaction of everyone else...
...except there won't be a reaction from everyone else, 'cos everyone else is too busy filming what everyone else is doing... which is being too busy filming them filming everyone else!

It's like standing with your back to a mirror, then holding up another mirror to look back at your reflection, and being surprised to see anything else other than infinite reflections of the back of your head!

SPOILER ALERT.
This is the image of the final few seconds of play at White Hart Lane from my seat at the back of the Paxton.
As you can see the crowd is going MENTAL as we win the league.

2013CameraPhonesPA-12884776310713-1.jpg

I support Colchester. How did you feel when we trounced you 2-0 at your place? ;)
It didn't feel great. You were so much better than us that day. We were in the relegation zone then, and Hayes had to come over to the terrace to reassure the fans that Ainsworth knew what he was doing. Turns out he was right. You're not on a bad run yourself at the moment. Very similar turnaround to ours.

As wonderfully heartening as it is to see Players of the plucky smaller club so made up and excited at drawing 'one of the Big Boys' ...that footage is all rather indicative of today's' modern society.

I completely agree with you. Our players videoing themselves actually stopped them from celebrating normally. It is the same with everything nowadays. If we get a penalty or free kick, people will get their phones out and film it. I just don't understand. Enjoy the moment and the memories instead. I'm glad the players are excited about it though.

Could be a scene from the next series of Black Mirror.

Or, you know, the Emirates.
:allitongue:

Would you consider signing John McGinn?

TBF They already have his brother: Stephen McGinn (born 2 December 1988) is a Scottish footballer who is currently playing for Wycombe Wanderers as a midfielder..... Stephen's younger brothers John and Paul McGinn are also footballers, with John currently playing for Hibernian and Paul for Dundee.[21][22]

apparently no posting links for me... and yes, after a year of reading i signed up to make this post.

TBF They already have his brother: Stephen McGinn (born 2 December 1988) is a Scottish footballer who is currently playing for Wycombe Wanderers as a midfielder..... Stephen's younger brothers John and Paul McGinn are also footballers, with John currently playing for Hibernian and Paul for Dundee.[21][22]

apparently no posting links for me... and yes, after a year of reading i signed up to make this post.
Post away.

Back
Top Bottom