Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Resembling proof?, erm no, it's just my opinion ffs :)
so you think that a chairman that is absofuckinglutley notorious for not spending money, suddenly looked at the clock at 10.30 pm on deadline day, and thought "fucking hell. if i dont break the club transfer record, some of those fuckers at the fighting cock will be on my back again.I know...first name in this panini sticker pack will do..well, it's moussa sissoko..well, he's worth 30 points at scrabble, ill bid 30 million for him. No need to tell MItchell or Pochettino"

so you think that a chairman that is absofuckinglutley notorious for not spending money, suddenly looked at the clock at 10.30 pm on deadline day, and thought "fucking hell. if i dont break the club transfer record, some of those fuckers at the fighting cock will be on my back again.
I thought we'd all agreed that's exactly what happened ! Are you suggesting there was some other motive ?

The summer window just highlights the ineptitude of our transfer policy. We sign two players thought by Poch to be "future" major contributors in Janssen and N'Koudou, one banker to be a solid player immediately in Wanyama and one massive enigma in Sissoko. This on top of selling a plethora of players that included Chadli, makes it hard to not agree with Poch when he said we lack the quality to compete at the top of the PL and CL simultaneously.

I just hope Sissoko can do some talking on the pitch. Was sceptical when we signed him, he's done rock all to justify signing him (ignoring the fee, which he has no control over) & now he looks to be thrown to the fringes. It's worrying that he's our top earner (again, someone agreed to pay him that) but it's apparently causing unrest amongst the lesser paid players. Now that bit I understand entirely. If I was Hugo, for example, I'd expect to be paid at least the same as, if not more than Sissoko. Purely based on time served & my value to the team rather than my value on paper to the club. Any first team regular, earning less than him, should immediately expect a pay rise to bring them in line with his wages. It's an over simplification, I'm sure, but how can he be the highest paid player at the club & the club not expect it to cause disharmony when he looks less likely to have what it takes with every day that passes.

Hhhmmmm I suggest you have a listen to the words that actually came out of his mouth rather than the News Papper headlines:

"Maybe we need to add more quality in the squad. We have quality, yes. To compete in Premier League, yes, but today you could say we struggled a little bit. When you have problems, injuries, it is difficult to be competitive."

Taken from the Monaco post-match press conference, tried to post a link but I'm new here so apparently cannot do so. :avbcringe:

well, it's moussa sissoko..well, he's worth 30 points at scrabble, ill bid 30 million for him. No need to tell MItchell or Pochettino"

Technically, Sissoko is 11 points (33 on a triple word score tile) and you'd get a bonus 50 for using all seven tiles....

...so let's be thankful that we didn't pay his scrabble score :avbpray:

"Maybe we need to add more quality in the squad. We have quality, yes. To compete in Premier League, yes, but today you could say we struggled a little bit. When you have problems, injuries, it is difficult to be competitive."

Taken from the Monaco post-match press conference, tried to post a link but I'm new here so apparently cannot do so. :avbcringe:
Not once does he make ref to quality and transfers. When asked this directly he refers to us not showing our quality, not that we don't have enough.

On The Spurs Show podcast, Danny Fenton, the Tottenham correspondent for the Ham & High says he's heard that Newcastle owed us money for Andros Townsend which pushed Levy toward doing a deal.

:levyeyes:
Well. I can't see amyone sticking up for dangerous dan and Poch if that gem is true ?

I always understood that all footballers wages included a substantial proportion linked to appearances. With Levy's known skills in putting in clauses into contracts even if it is true that Sissoko is one of our highest earners this will be reduced if he cannot get on the pitch. I do not believe everything written in Newspapers re wages etc but if other players believe he is earning more true or otherwise then it will breed resentment

It's only Levy's job to negotiate when we don't have a Director of Football, back in the day, Baldini was in charge of closing deals, both purchases and sales, and did so with incredible efficiency
I don't think anyone knows the extent of Baldini's role. It was never detailed or made public. The one thing was clear is that he brought in players and found buyers for those we didn't want. No proof he did the negotiating, he could have been a facilitator. Many DoF roles are responsible for all football related matters, from academy to the style of football played and as the head coach's direct report. We honestly do not know the specifics.

I have a mate who's brother in law is an agent, I am told he has 3 players at Spurs. He says Levy does the deal, with the support of Caplehorn on the contracts and legal, this was when Baldini was there (BTW I have never met or spoken with this bloke, it's my mate that has told me. No reason not to believe him but........?).

I am DCSPUR

Took me longer than is acceptable to figure your avatar is your shoulder and not your arse.

He clarified what he meant later in the week and that what he meant was lost in translation in the Monaco presser.

Back
Top Bottom