Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Oh I remember that game the 30 min. he also struggled about the entire 30 min but still managed to assist 1 and got 1 PK resulting 3 pts for the team? Too bad he couldn't do it again.

Pitch was fairly shit, not really an excuse but perhaps an explanation for the one on one and the poor cut back from the left when he drifted into the box. I think Monaco defended well Gilik or whatever his name was (much like Tah for Leverkusen) were bullying son and Alli and even Kane.......

We need son's pace though, even if his Touch is poor, he drags defenders wide etc I think the biggest issue the last few games is moving the ball too slowly and playing at a waking pace... we're not the quickest side anyway so we need to move the ball quickly and try and create some havoc in their box. I think lamela and Alli do move it quickly and to be fair it doesn't always work out but their brains are working..

Someone pointed out last night that Alli was only 50% fit or something and was poor, yet he still put in that through ball to son and won the pen

Frustrating to say the least - we know he offers pace and a direct approach which we sorely lack. However in the last couple of games his touch has been worse than woeful and passing may as well not bother.

Even before he set up the two against WHU he was dreadful. How can you simultaneously be so good and so bad? Mental.

Can't figure this lad out. He was outstanding on Saturday and then yesterday looked like he never kicked a football before

He's been like that for years since he debuted in Bundesliga. He plays like Ronaldo for one game and then plays like an idiot who never played football before for several matches. His outstanding performance in September surprised many ppl including myself mainly because this inconsistency problem wasn't seen.

I just can't believe he did that. I know players want an open goal but ffs, it's a one on one just shoot the fucken thing. Between that, the shit defending and the ref bottling the red card decision before halftime; there was really only going to be one outcome.

I just can't believe he did that. I know players want an open goal but ffs, it's a one on one just shoot the fucken thing. Between that, the shit defending and the ref bottling the red card decision before halftime; there was really only going to be one outcome.
His "touch" was abominable. It wasn't the only time his "touch" deserted him. Shockingly poor performance- although on par with the rest. I doubt his stomach for a real sleeves up battle. He may have shown some bursts in the Spam game but between him hurdling Cech in the NLD & doing the unthinkable last night when clean through, I'm not wholly confident in him. It only looks good going round the keeper & passing it into an empty net when that actually happens. Not chasing the ball sideways towards the touch line. Very poor decision making.

Can't figure this lad out. He was outstanding on Saturday and then yesterday looked like he never kicked a football before

Maybe stamina? on a thin squad at a position where any mistakes made are to be amplified? I remember when I was playing I couldn't even walk when I was tired let alone dribble or shoot. but that just was me lol. A highly paid and regarded footballer such as Son should be able to bury one right then and there. well maybe I want to recant the highly regarded part on this page lol. But truely unfortunate one on one missed in Monaco to say the least. well we know the window to load him off comes just about every 6 months

But he only played 30 minutes Saturday? I am not even talking about the one on one miss. As a whole he couldn't trap or pass a ball for 90 minutes yesterday. mind boggling

I think that ONE of his problems is he seems TOO nice. .. and, dare I say, appearing as if he's just glad to be here!
:sonlol:
Maybe he needs to add a nasty streak to his game??
:deledoubt::dembelewtf:
Not saying he gets sent off every week...
But, y'know... all nasty bastards have a bit of that in them... maybe some RUTHLESSNESS wouldn't go a miss!
:dembelefingers:

...it's SONthing to think about! :sonhmm:

Recently his form has been off for sure and he has a touch of a rapist at the moment. But you know what they say about rapist, dangerous and unpredictable. Hope he comes good and rapes Chelsea this weekend.

Recently his form has been off for sure and he has a touch of a rapist at the moment. But you know what they say about rapist, dangerous and unpredictable. Hope he comes good and rapes Chelsea this weekend.
:pochwtf:

....and the award for 'most rapey post of the day so far' goes to....

I think that ONE of his problems is he seems TOO nice. .. and, dare I say, appearing as if he's just glad to be here!
Maybe he needs to add a nasty streak to his game??
:deledoubt::dembelewtf:
Not saying he gets sent off every week...
But, y'know... all nasty bastards have a bit of that in them... maybe some RUTHLESSNESS wouldn't go a miss!
:dembelefingers:

...it's SONthing to think about! :sonhmm:

And if that doesn't work let's ship him out to SONderland come January......

Still baffles me that people think he's quick. Most defenders can keep up with him.

High acceleration, slow maximum speed.

Statistically, Dier is quicker than Son but accelerates like a slug.

It doesn't seem like he's solved any of the issues he had last year either. Only a third of the way through the season, but I'm not hopeful he will come good. Wasted potential, as his finishing when he has no time to think is very, very good. The issue arise when he has more than 2 seconds to think.

It doesn't seem like he's solved any of the issues he had last year either. Only a third of the way through the season, but I'm not hopeful he will come good. Wasted potential, as his finishing when he has no time to think is very, very good. The issue arise when he has more than 2 seconds to think.
Wasted potential? Let's have a look at some facts, rather than opinion (PL only)

Matches (inc Wet Spam) 9
Goals: 4
Assists: 3 (Man City, Wet Spam 2)
our best performance of the season, Citeh 2-0. He was our best player.
Games he's played 9, we've scored 14, so he's scored or assisted half of them.
19 pts from 9 matches, over 2 a game.

"not hopeful he'll come good?" er, he has come good. He played for 15 mins v Spam, he gained us 3 pts from nowhere.

Our ppg last season was very much better when he played. Kane got more goals. I fully expect Son and Kane to score and create a lot of goals between them this season, especially when Toby is back and Moose gets fully fit. I really don't see how he could have done much more this season so far (barring putting Cech into row Zed at the Death Star).

Wasted potential? Let's have a look at some facts, rather than opinion (PL only)

Matches (inc Wet Spam) 9

"not hopeful he'll come good?" er, he has come good. He played for 15 mins v Spam, he gained us 3 pts from nowhere.

Our ppg last season was very much better when he played. Kane got more goals. I fully expect Son and Kane to score and create a lot of goals between them this season, especially when Toby is back and Moose gets fully fit. I really don't see how he could have done much more this season so far (barring putting Cech into row Zed at the Death Star).

ApparentLy he has been playing with a knock as well....
let's hope come tomorrow he tears the chavs a new one like he did for citeh!!

Still baffles me that people think he's quick. Most defenders can keep up with him.

High acceleration, slow maximum speed.

Statistically, Dier is quicker than Son but accelerates like a slug.
This is a shit clip but should jog the memory, with the ball he still pulled away from Mustafi. He has the pace.

He needs to be more consistent, his form tends to vary from game to game (sometimes in the same game). But he has pace.

This is a shit clip but should jog the memory, with the ball he still pulled away from Mustafi. He has the pace.

He needs to be more consistent, his form tends to vary from game to game (sometimes in the same game). But he has pace.

Mustafi is slow as fuck.

Not only that but look at the back line. They keep pace perfectly. None of the defenders other than Mustafi is struggling to keep up, nor is Kane.

Kane isn't pacey. But can keep up with Son who is pacey?

Matches (inc Wet Spam) 9

I get all that .
But here's the question, were you surprised when he fucked up that early one on one with the keeper in the must win CL game the other night ?
I wasn't and I doubt many were, stats don't give the whole story , Modric' s hard stats were hardly top notch at Spurs, but everyone could see he was a top notch player, including Madrid.

I don't see us fighting off suiters for Son's signature any time despite some stats.

Oh and where did the stats that our PPG was much better when he played last season come from and how relevant are they, ie minutes on pitch.
The hard stats for last season PL show 28 appearances and 4 goals.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom