Woolwich away

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

14733322_183522388772177_5112966198597779456_n.jpg

I LOVE HIM
15 goals in 15 NLDs

Remarkable

Does anyone have a video of the Son incident with Cech? I'd like to see that a second time.
Here is a vid of all his involvement, it's right at the end. I think people are making way to much of it, again people who are persuaded by what the pundit says. In Son's case it's McNamaman who thinks Son should get there ahead of keeper, failing to acknowledge that the ball is travelling away from Son towards the keeper. If you stop start the sequence he looks favourite as keeper slips but frame by frame shows with the ball travelling away from him it favours the keeper (distance between ball and keeper gets closed). May be he could have slid in but you can bet that keeper would have played for a foul, and/or Son would be on the ground, I'd like to know how he could of scored from there.

Here is a vid of all his involvement, it's right at the end. I think people are making way to much of it, again people who are persuaded by what the pundit says. In Son's case it's McNamaman who thinks Son should get there ahead of keeper, failing to acknowledge that the ball is travelling away from Son towards the keeper. If you stop start the sequence he looks favourite as keeper slips but frame by frame shows with the ball travelling away from him it favours the keeper (distance between ball and keeper gets closed). May be he could have slid in but you can bet that keeper would have played for a foul, and/or Son would be on the ground, I'd like to know how he could of scored from there.

Disagree. I believe he can reach that ball if he goes all in to get it. He risks creating a free kick or a booking, but if he hit's it, he may get through, he might get unfairly tackled by Cech and cause a booking or a sending off. All to win, little to lose.

Disagree. I believe he can reach that ball if he goes all in to get it. He risks creating a free kick or a booking, but if he hit's it, he may get through, he might get unfairly tackled by Cech and cause a booking or a sending off. All to win, little to lose.
Did you slow it down? With every step the ball is moving away from Son and into the open arms of the advancing keeper. If Son thought like Costa then he would have gone in with dangling leg hoping to get a decision go his way (basically dive). Seeing I have just ripped into the theatrics of Coquelin & Wallcott I'd prefer our players not dive and cheat. It really is a nothing moment made bigger by a pundits comments.

Agree. I think if he keeps going he gets a nick on the ball and Cech brings him down. Probably a yellow as Son's touch on the ball would end up going out for a throw in and Cech is not denying a goalscoring opportunity but it's better than nothing and another opportunity for us to score from.

I'd love to see us give that formation a go again. Son & Eriksen can be rotated with a combination of Alli & Lamela etc etc. It would give us plenty of options on the bench to come on and change a game if only two out of the 4 mentioned were starting.
Lloris
Dier-Toby- Verts
Walker Wanyama Dembele Rose
Son Eriksen
Kane

Wimmer, Alli, Lamela, Jannsen, Sissoko etc << much more depth/game changers on the bench

Did you slow it down? With every step the ball is moving away from Son and into the open arms of the advancing keeper. If Son thought like Costa then he would have gone in with dangling leg hoping to get a decision go his way (basically dive). Seeing I have just ripped into the theatrics of Coquelin & Wallcott I'd prefer our players not dive and cheat. It really is a nothing moment made bigger by a pundits comments.

I didn't want him to dive, just not stop his run, not slow down and stretch his foot, leaving Cech to make a very hard decision.

Only lssue I see is that it means Eriksen, Lamela and Alli are fighting for one spot behind the front two.
I don't see an issue.

All of those 3 haven't been in top form this season. Having them compete for one spot can only be good.
No complacency and nothing like the possibility of the bench to get the most out of players. Professional athletes are generally highly driven and competitive.

One of the things I loved about Kane last season, had no competition for his place but didn't get lazy and complacent.

Check goes to ground expecting Son to get there. Son could have got there but not sure what he could have done once he was there? Slide in and try to get the second ball. you can understand why he backed off. Me personally would expect my players to get stuck in and go for a ball as that.

Check goes to ground expecting Son to get there. Son could have got there but not sure what he could have done once he was there? Slide in and try to get the second ball. you can understand why he backed off. Me personally would expect my players to get stuck in and go for a ball as that.
He didn't back off though, he didn't even brake stride.

Poch - good call on the formation, stopped them playing their passes inside the fullbacks.
Kane - I think we can all instantly see what we've been missing for the last few weeks.
Dembele - fucking bossed them.
Son - completely lost his spark, I still don't think he realises that the fans actually care about results and not just what celebration he's going to do next.
Petr Cech - probably their MOM....which tells the story of the game.

Great showing by mostly everyone at Emirates. Worthy of at least a point and likely more. Kane's two chances and Eriksen's chance is really a microcosm of spurs finishing so far this season. I'd say a majority of the time (maybe at least 50/50), those (3) chances get buried. Pretty unfortunate that not one of those (3) chances were converted into a goal. Gotta think these goals will soon start coming and a lovely in-form run will follow. Spurs are positioned perfectly for me if they can address their Finishing and stay fit.

He didn't back off though, he didn't even brake stride.
Son seems to run off to the left and hurdles Cechs outstretched leg. Almost although he was pulling out, expecting a challenge. Not sure if bottled it or just respect for Cech. Anyway, he didn't and alls well. Could have been booked/sent off if he had got a little exited and lunged in.

Back
Top Bottom