Leicester (H) 29-Oct

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A wrong needs to be righted after last season...
Yes for sure-for me this ranks as a must win-yes as with against City. Lets put the pressure on and deliver, isn't that what good teams do?

And we've GOT to start bettering corresponding results from last year at SOME point if we want to improve on last year's finish... so far, it's the same, or worse (after last Saturday!)

No-not for me, its all about form and getting that feeling of invincibility. LC had this last season, we need to find it. We are a better side than last season, be it just for the experience of it all.

Huth and Morgan bullied everyone last season so should cope with a 22 year old-who is trying to find his form.
Janssen is a very clever skilled football player and hopefully not get bullied by them. He drifts wide, maybe its either because he doesn't like the CB attentions or goes looking for the ball (trying too hard). His excellent hold up play may be key on Saturday-agree, with players running around and off him. Hope he scores and plays a blinder, I do like him lots.

He drifts wide because that's what Poch asks his Forwards to do.

The Movement of Strikers in Mauricio Pochettino's Tactics

We need to win this, they are shit away from home in the league, lost the last three conceding 11 goals. If we don't beat these at home then I will start to get worried about where our season is going

REVENGE!

If it hadnt been for their "Fairytale" (requiem for a dream) then we would have won the league last year.

It was solely their fault and nothing we should take responsibility for ourselves.

Smash em back to the sky bet.

He drifts wide because that's what Poch asks his Forwards to do.

The Movement of Strikers in Mauricio Pochettino's Tactics

I honestly understand this and have read this and other stuff that suggests the same. DeeGee was posting the same stuff some time ago.
If you look at the kane goal Anatomy of a Goal: Harry Kane vs Chelsea
and remember the goal against Woolwich 2-2 at H. He finds himself a little deeper. Janssen is often near the corner flag or at such an acute angle where its impossible to go for goal. Im not criticising just saying what I feel I see. I like him lots and feel time will be his friend. Kane coming back will help, he is probably better having cameo roles at first.The game he camo on, Everton poss he changed the game.

Last edited:
Huth and Morgan bullied everyone last season so should cope with a 22 year old-who is trying to find his form.
Janssen is a very clever skilled football player and hopefully not get bullied by them. He drifts wide, maybe its either because he doesn't like the CB attentions or goes looking for the ball (trying too hard). His excellent hold up play may be key on Saturday-agree, with players running around and off him. Hope he scores and plays a blinder, I do like him lots.

Who gives a fuck about last season. You seem to love bringing up the past, no idea why. What have they done this year? Apart from get dicked in pretty much every away game?

We have a lot to be cheerful about. Still unbeaten in the league and have only allowed 4 goals. We have a young squad filled with potential and an excellent manager.

But a win against the mighty champions would be just what the doctor ordered nonetheless!

Leicester have been a thorn in our sides since two season's ago. I really hope that we can maul them, but I'm at the point where I'll actually be happy if our players show up with their shooting boots on. I don't know exact numbers, but our number of shots on target since City have seemed below average. "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" is starting to seem fairly apt.

Who gives a fuck about last season. You seem to love bringing up the past, no idea why. What have they done this year? Apart from get dicked in pretty much every away game?
Hurrah Hurrah!!! for nonsensical reasoning?
Is it not the past that stats are based on which you seem to regurgitate in a monochrome mundane sort of way to support your obtuse reasoning ways?

Just realised--their away defeats were.....
Chavs/Liverpool and Utd - the 3 teams that beat them. This is a perfect example of repeating facts that have a less than solid base for argument? We could lose same so where does that put us.

Im expecting a win and nothing less solely on the fact that we are decent side , playing decent football and at home. Hopefully, LC record away can further be dilapidated by us - a decent side - showing some class.

Just realised--their away defeats were.....
Chavs/Liverpool and Utd - the 3 teams that beat them. This is a perfect example of repeating facts that have a less than solid base for argument? We could lose same so where does that put us.

Im expecting a win and nothing less solely on the fact that we are decent side , playing decent football and at home. Hopefully, LC record away can further be dilapidated by us - a decent side - showing some class.

They also lost to Hull City 2-1. Failed to win a single away game this season. That's four away games this season, three losses and 1 draw. Where as last season they lost 2 away games all season. They are nothing anymore. They lost their best player and we will show them we are a much better footballing team.

3 or 4-0 win.

They also lost to Hull City 2-1. Failed to win a single away game this season. That's four away games this season, three losses and 1 draw. Where as last season they lost 2 away games all season. They are nothing anymore. They lost their best player and we will show them we are a much better footballing team.

3 or 4-0 win.

Four defeats away I think.

Back
Top Bottom