Super Spurs versus Carbon City

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It will be a great game, but they have just conceded 3 goals against Celtic, the same Celtic that just got hammered 7-0 by Barca, the same Celtic that just beat Maltise part timers, the same Celtic that plays in a league akin to League One.

They come to the Lane knowing they are going to face a team that is acclaimed for its high press, something that Swansea and now Celtic have just done and shown how shit they are when a team does this. They lasted 20 mins against us last year. Oh, we rested half our team, I am licking my lips, thinking about how insecure they must be feeling right at this moment.
:ledleylick:
At last this 10 game unbeaten business has been put to bed.

Watched second half and Celtic were very deep defending and couldn't get out of their half. City ran out of ideas at the end and just huffed and puffed. We need to show as much determination as Celtic and , as you say, with our quality , hopefully get the result.

At last this 10 game unbeaten business has been put to bed.

Watched second half and Celtic were very deep defending and couldn't get out of their half. City ran out of ideas at the end and just huffed and puffed. We need to show as much determination as Celtic and , as you say, with our quality , hopefully get the result.
I'd be more than happy for us to play a defending game and try and nick a goal on the break as I'd be happy with a draw from this.

Our best bet is to attack their full backs and try to force mistakes from them. Son and Eriksen will be huge in those corner areas. I have no faith in Janssen troubling Bravo, which is worrying. All in all, we have a very good chance getting a result this weekend. Guardiola is aware of how good we have been in the last two years and we'll be his first big test. Dembele being fit is vital, I don't see how we can win without him.

City haven't been pressed by a team like we do and that's a factor in why they adapted to Pep's system so quickly. Make sure we get at them early and I fancy us to get a result

i think poch will go with this:
Lloris
Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose
Wanyama, Dembele
Lamela, Alli, Eriksen,
Son
i really fancy our chances in this game, citys defence looked abysmal last night.

I agree on the fact that city's backline is quite poor but Aguero scares the fuck out of me, he has Vertonghen's number and both know it, JV always acts a bit too nervous when he's up against Aguero. Hope this time round he can keep a cool head + hope Moose is back to block Fernandinho's influence and make sure they can't build on possession like Guardiola wants

That wont work against them, we need to press the midfield and make them run back - chase the ball, that's where they are vulnerable. Parking the bus against Guardiola is almost pointless
Defending well is not parking the bus. If we can push on and take control, then all well and good. If they dominate, we will need to defend and defend well. How good are they, how good are we? What I do not want to see is, we push on and leave ourselves exposed at the back. Certainly, I would not plan to park the bus nor go gungho. I want a measured, mature, quality, professional performance, not a Spursy one.

Back
Top Bottom