Super Spurs versus Carbon City

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Swansea was on par for an hour but lost. Other teams have tried and lost. Its not the way for me. City have a good range of players that are all willing to get involved. We need to be up for it, toe to toe with each and everyone of them from the off. They have so many options when going forward, we need to be prepared to sit deep and match em because they will look to out number us. When we can develop the ball, in decent areas going forward, then commit numbers and they will sit deep and defend. Both teams have the quick counter attack in them which will be the deciding factor-who does it better and takes their chances. We also need to minimise mistakes all over.
We are better than Swansea mate.

I have only seen us sit deep once under Poch and that was in his 1st away game against the scum over two years ago. We have the best defence in the league, by virtue of how we press from the top, when that press goes we are vulnerable (Dortmund).

We've been playing our way for sometime now, they are more scared playing us than us them & with good reason. Just do not get why we would change how we play.

Celtic have been allowed to challenge their defence. We will get our chances, plenty of them. It's about taking them now. We've seen ourselves frustrating plenty of times thus season.

Celtic have been allowed to challenge their defence. We will get our chances, plenty of them. It's about taking them now. We've seen ourselves frustrating plenty of times thus season.
Just don't understand why people are so shit scared of Citeh. The are a good team, they are not a special team that everyone thinks they are. Stand off them they will harm you, press them, especially their back 4 and keeper and the are very, very ordinary. Celtic are a fucking pub team and they have their back 4 all over the place and hoofing it long, loosening possession.

Man City struggling against a pressing side who's full backs are pushing up? :pochsmirk:

I don't think Pep is all he's made up to be ( a very fine manager, yes) but handing the title to City already is premature. Queue them winning 3-0 against us :pochbye:

Should we be reading anything into the current scoreline at Parkhead...?
They're not THAT bad at the back in 'real life', surely?

We are better than Swansea mate.

I have only seen us sit deep once under Poch and that was in his 1st away game against the scum over two years ago. We have the best defence in the league, by virtue of how we press from the top, when that press goes we are vulnerable (Dortmund).

We've been playing our way for sometime now, they are more scared playing us than us them & with good reason. Just do not get why we would change how we play.
Its not being scared of them just respectful. Im aware, we are unbeaten and only conceded 3. I just want us to be disaplined when defending and smart when we go forward. They have started the stronger and are scoreing goals, we need to respect that. We havnt quite reached that level yet. I belive we are a decent side but we havnt come up against a city type team yet.

Just don't understand why people are so shit scared of Citeh. The are a good team, they are not a special team that everyone thinks they are. Stand off them they will harm you, press them, especially their back 4 and keeper and the are very, very ordinary. Celtic are a fucking pub team and they have their back 4 all over the place and hoofing it long, loosening possession.
You are correct but City will put on a better game against us.

Its not being scared of them just respectful. Im aware, we are unbeaten and only conceded 3. I just want us to be disaplined when defending and smart when we go forward. They have started the stronger and are scoreing goals, we need to respect that. We havnt quite reached that level yet. I belive we are a decent side but we havnt come up against a city type team yet.
The important part is they haven't come up against a Tottenham type team yet.

After watching the second half against Celtic I realise City can be got at but not contained. Right up to the last seconds I was exspecting them to score. We will need to defend with brave hearts and attack with Robert Bruce bollocks.

I know we are a decent side and if we get it right, we will win. They may feel the same for them. Its going to be a great game and we are part of it. COYS
It will be a great game, but they have just conceded 3 goals against Celtic, the same Celtic that just got hammered 7-0 by Barca, the same Celtic that just beat Maltise part timers, the same Celtic that plays in a league akin to League One.

They come to the Lane knowing they are going to face a team that is acclaimed for its high press, something that Swansea and now Celtic have just done and shown how shit they are when a team does this. They lasted 20 mins against us last year. Oh, we rested half our team, I am licking my lips, thinking about how insecure they must be feeling right at this moment.
:ledleylick:

Back
Top Bottom