Super Spurs versus Carbon City

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They didn't like Celtic pressing them and we do that better!
:pochohshit:
Im just being cautious, quietly confidant i guess. I just don't want to see us mess up or an early sending off, injury, mistake or o.g. I feel we have left a lot of that behind but Im scared of the many years of trauma. Stones could be their weak spot at the back. They have lost De Bruyne who is their best player by far and Im not worried about Stirling. We are better than Celtic but not their 12th man, the 57,000 over excited Jocks

I think that Celtic has done us a favour. We still could fail to take advantage, but seeing their row with won games coming to an end takes away just a little bit of that invincible tag they were starting to develop.

In the Swansea we saw that it was possible to get something out of games vs City, but they failed to do it. That United result doesn't look that amazing now anymore and they haven't met Liverpool, Everton or Woolwich which have been the other form teams. Meeting us will be a major test from them, make no mistake of it. Celtic had a proper go, and we will as well.

We are not flying, but are in a steady position at an early stage of the season. We'll get quite a few players back, highly motivated for this game, to show what we're made of. At our best level we can beat them, we have done it before, and with De Bruyne out it means that the silky passes must come from elsewhere.

No fear, nothing to lose, let's do this!!

Yep, but those around us have fairly easy games (on paper at least). A draw wouldn't be a bad result of course, but to close within a point would be fuckin amazing*

*states the bleeding obvious.
Worst case scenario (if we draw) - we'd end up in fourth place, about a point or so off Woolwich and Liverpool (despite playing Everton, Woolwich and City already this season), level on points with Man Utd but better goal difference and same points off top then we were before kick off.

Rose should be back for this. He could cause real danger for them on the left.

Interestingly, Son has hit this form with Davies behind him.
Yeah, its an interesting one that. Maybe with Davies hanging back a bit more than Danny Son has more license to get get into those forward left positions. Still expect Rose to start if fit though. Also, I don't think Son should play up top. I see the logic with him being in amongst the goals and VJ struggling a bit but if he's getting goals from midfield why change it. Up front I think City mark him out of the game easier, coming from wide left or midfield he's a handful.

If we want to win this, we have to pick up the pace in attack. We were an absolute shambles offensively against cska, can't afford to be against City

I suspect we won't see City have 9 men behind the ball every single time we get it as they will actually try and attack and press high rather than let us pass the ball around up to the last 3rd. CSKA are a poor outfit going forward but were organised at the back or we would have hammered them. The premier league game will suit us more.

Back
Top Bottom