Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mate, you did. I'm not trying to get a reaction, I'm saying that you consider yourself to be above lowly judgement. I get it, you're a bit of a control freak. You have never admitted when you have been wrong in all the time I've been on here. I like your stuff, some of it makes me laugh, but you do come over as a self righteous prig at times. We don't win things under ENIC - I don't care how far we've come, we don't win things. Apart from that, everything is fine. Why do you have to argue every tiny point into the ground? I think you have a bloody cheek suggesting that I'm the serial arguer. Do you not realise when you counter a point that you're arguing?

I hate that attitude - you get accused of something, but you're not allowed to defend yourself without someone saying "you're arguing and can't accept being wrong"....

I'll leave it like this. I can tell when it's a personal thing, and I'm not really interested in being wound up.

You have never admitted when you have been wrong in all the time I've been on here.

Not going to look at all 6000 odd posts, but I said it yesterday.
Players - Ryan Mason

Are you never wrong about anything? Whatever you think, we don't win things. What's Ferguson got to do with it? I don't mind, I love Spurs, but we don't win things.
Those ferguson teams were all cheap signings.
They rarely spent much.
It was team spirit & being mates that brought them all those titles.

It's what I perceive as the difference between being a supporter and a fan.

As long as there's logic behind what we're doing, I'll support the way the club is run. It'd be different if we were being run like Blackpool, Blackburn, or even West Ham. I'm just thankful that we're not one of them.

I wouldn't say that the pessimistic view is superior, so it's not really fair to take such a strong judgemental view about the affection I have for the club. I'm happy we're not scraping around mid table any more, and I'm happy we're looking to be actually performing near the hallowed Redknapp era again.
I believe you love the club & are a good supporter.
I also believe you won't hear any criticism of the club. & you have already made up your mind that whatever the club does it can't be wrong or a mistake.
Let's leave it at that.

Yes. Do you always need someone to argue with, it's something I've noticed you do? I think you contribute a lot to the forum when you're not being passive aggressive, so I don't want to ignore your posts.

Ferguson, you'll recall, has had some sort of mentoring relationship with Pochettino, and it wouldn't surprise me if he's passed on some wisdom. United's success in the 90s was strongly related to the group of young players and a tight-knit squad. It's no coincidence, imo, that we're following that same model.
He always thinks he is right that's the trouble ! Must be the pills

I've never known a message board to bicker so much as this one. It's embarrassing and boring. Went back five pages from the last post to catch up from this morning, only to be greeted with page after page of childish bickering. Wank.

Said no one...

However, if you start buying 1 player at £150k a week, it causes a knock on effect with Kane, wanting more, Lamela wanting more, Eriksen wanting parity, Hugo, Jan and Toby going "hey, we should be getting more" etc.

You can't do that under FFP rules; if your wages are over £60m per annum, the max you can increase this per season is £4m (~£77k per week).

We can afford to buy top players, but you have to either flog useless high earners or build slowly.

So, if Kane/Lamela were on £100k a week, and just those two players had parity with highest earner clauses/demands, and someone like Isco came in on £150k a week, you'd suddenly have an £8m per year increase in wages.

If you want to have an intelligent discussion about what any club can 'afford', and how this affects us, I'd be happy to engage. If you just want to be like Gascoigne8 and just click disagree on anything that doesn't sound like how you'd do it in a computer game, then there's no reason to even humour that kind of thing.
Look, I admit that maybe I sometimes go over the top with my criticism of Levy and ENIC etc. Maybe I do sometimes exaggerate the greatness of our club. Maybe I do expect too much. Perhaps I should wind it in a bit. But by the same token there are so many on here who are guilty of the complete opposite. People who blindly refuse to acknowledge that we could do just a little bit more to strengthen the team. Refuse to accept that Levy's brinkmanship and over cautious approach in the market has on occasion been to the detriment of the team. Our fans, who pay at least the third highest ticket prices in Europe, deserve at least an occasional big name to get the old boy twitching. I don't think that's too much too ask for

Back
Top Bottom