Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hang on mate, we're Tottenham Hotspur. A champions league club with a proud European history. We should be a big draw. Maybe we should start looking at the wages we pay.

You sound like a scouser.
We aren't consistently going to get CL; the leagues too competitive.
We aren't going to dramatically up our wage bill ether, mostly due to the new stadium and also due to the message that signing a player on a big wage sends to the squad; give me more money.

Do you remember the mood on here at the same time last year? It makes the reaction to today's game look like The Waltons. Worth having a look on account of nostalgic chuckles and a handy frame of reference.
Everyone is pleased we got a point, but it is the match thread. People think Liverpool were better than us yesterday, so they say it.
I think Liverpool were better than us yesterday, but they were useless in front of goal. If Sturridge had played we would probably have lost by a couple.
I don't see a problem.

Everyone is pleased we got a point, but it is the match thread. People think Liverpool were better than us yesterday, so they say it.
I think Liverpool were better than us yesterday, but they were useless in front of goal. If Sturridge had played we would probably have lost by a couple.
I don't see a problem.
Really? You think the melting yesterday was warranted? We were poor and we got a point. If you didn't know the score you could have been excused for thinking we'd lost 4-0 reading the match thread.

Right well what do I say about this game. Poch got out mastered by Klopp. They won the midfield. Once Dier moved to right back there was a gaping hole in CAM. Wanyama is quality, I am sorry I doubted his ability. Kane needs to play up top; Eriksen was a disgrace. Although it was embarrassing I have never heard a Tottenham crowd just not clap someone off.
Having said all that we could of won but we are crying out for a decent attacking midfielder.

Right you beautiful people... I've read a few pages of the game, were we fortunate with a point? Did we play as bad as some on here have suggested?
Pleased Vorm has stepped up.
Eriksen is really beginning to concern me now, been shite every game so far.

Anyone got a vid of the goal as I've seen nothing as yet.. Had to go about 11 hours without knowing the score, absolute nightmare..

Really? You think the melting yesterday was warranted? We were poor and we got a point. If you didn't know the score you could have been excused for thinking we'd lost 4-0 reading the match thread.
Well I was shitting myself on about 4 or 5 moments in the match when they were breaking 3 on 1 or unmarked inside our box. If they had a striker on the pitch 4-1 would not have been impossible.

Diving little dirty shit.
Mekon-Poster.jpg

Right you beautiful people... I've read a few pages of the game, were we fortunate with a point? Did we play as bad as some on here have suggested?

Anyone got a vid of the goal as I've seen nothing as yet.. Had to go about 11 hours without knowing the score, absolute nightmare..

Vorm was great like Lloris of old, if he plays like that again Lloris is in trouble.

Defence held well considering the Liverpool onslaught in the first half.

We really miss Dembele.

Walker went off ill but I thought Dier had a good game at RB, so did Waynama other than the bad passing.

Alli was poor, Kane seriously needs a rest a proper rest and Eriksen was terrible I mean Paulinho level bad, not sure what's up with him.

Mane should have been sent off, done about 4 yellow card tackles and only got one card, ref did a total bottle job.

All in all our AM's where totally outplayed by Liverpool's giving them the game up to around 60 mins then we came back strongly. Our defence is well set-up but we need 2 more AM's of top ability to have a good season IMO. Janssen is a proper worker but he needs quicker more powerful players around him I feel.

They could and should have been a few up. But again we could of won which I guess is a good sign. It wasn't an onslaught but something strange was going on; we were just out classed. What was worrying was they just looked a lot better than us.

Right well what do I say about this game. Poch got out mastered by Klopp. They won the midfield. Once Dier moved to right back there was a gaping hole in CAM. Wanyama is quality, I am sorry I doubted his ability. Kane needs to play up top; Eriksen was a disgrace. Although it was embarrassing I have never heard a Tottenham crowd just not clap someone off.
Having said all that we could of won but we are crying out for a decent attacking midfielder.

Agree about Eriksen. I'm one of his biggest fans, but his recent performances have been rubbish. He should be sold immediately. Also Dele. His pretend jumping for 50/50 headers was almost comical, and as a consequence, Liverpool won nearly every 2nd ball in midfield. We didn't look like we wanted to compete with a pretty average Liverpool side, and even the basics eluded our players. Terrible first touches, telegraphed passing, and an unwillingness to acknowledge the danger of the diagonal ball over the centre halves. In fact the performance was so bad that I'm considering stamping my foot and toying with the idea of supporting Hull. At least they put the effort in.

Back
Top Bottom