Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is one of the strangest ends to a transfer window I've ever seen.

We've got a net loss for once
We're now loaning players out, which is fairly uncommon for us
Selling £30 mil signings after 1 season
Seem to have interest in very mediocre players
Someone actually bid for Harry Kane

What is this all pointing to? A massive signing or a massive let down?

Mostly a lot of bullshit, I'd say.

Agree, it's a bit weird, but let's see where we are when the window actually shuts.

As for the loans, the likes of Fazio and Bentaleb are gone, Poch doesn't want players around who won't feature anyway. If their loan goes well we have already sorted the fees!

Don't fret too much, let it flow man, let it flow!:nawty:

85288-1413206942.jpg

Is it wishful thinking to assume we have a number 8 lined up because we've let Bentaleb and (probably) Mason go?

Yedlin, Fazio and Pritchard don't really count because they've never really been close to the first-team, but Mason and Bentaleb were major players for us. Poch also tends to play Carroll in the three behind on the rare occasion he gets on now so are we happy to go into the season with Dier, Wanyama, Dembele and Winks?

Chadli didn't feature against Inter and hasn't made the bench in the first two games so it looks like he's gone too. I guess Nkoudou in and Chadli out is probably an upgrade.

Then you have Son. Bit of a wildcard... Wolfsburg seemingly interested and it kinda makes sense but we would need a replacement. Even Zaha isn't attainable for anything other than silly money according to the Palace chairman so fuck knows who else we'd bring in.

ST: Kane, Janssen
LAM: Eriksen, Nkoudou, Onomah
CAM: Alli, Eriksen, Kane, Edwards
RAM: Lamela, Son(?)
CM: Dier, Dembele, Wanyama, Winks

Lol signing Mangala and then selling Wimmer, if that happens i'm in for depression as i believe Mangala is hugely overrated (he's not even a mediocre defender) and i hate defenders that cant deliver a decent pass or need 5 touches to control a football

Lol signing Mangala and then selling Wimmer, if that happens i'm in for depression as i believe Mangala is hugely overrated (he's not even a mediocre defender) and i hate defenders that cant deliver a decent pass or need 5 touches to control a football
There's a reason why Pep is getting rid of some players!

Back
Top Bottom