Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch just confirmed that Bentaleb, Pritch and Fazio are not in his plans.

But strangely says that N'Jie is!! :clintonohshit:

Seems harsh tbh. I know the rumours about Nabil's attitude but Pritchard has always seemed a tireless worker.

Am inclined to believe it as Dan Kilpatrick (if I'm not mistaken) is the guy off the Tootenham way podcast and comes across as genuine.

Yeah they're all gone... clearly he doesn't yet want to confirm N'Jie isn't wanted because we're still in negotiation with Marseille.

I guess that means the likes of Yedlin and Carroll will be kept around as squad players if no suitable offer comes in because they're happy to do so.

I think Bentaleb has put his faith in his advisors- as any young man in a foreign country, in a highly paid role, would. My understanding is that it has made him personally come across as a bit greedy & somewhat arrogant. The chap I was chatting to last week, says Bentaleb was/is a lovely kid, but fiercely proud & self confident. Perhaps it was a case of too much too quickly happening for him at Spurs leading to over confidence & a clash with Poch or one of Poch's senior staff...& we know what happens when someone does that.
:lennon::townhmm::adestare:

Surely others can remember Benteleb dithering with the ball and losing it or making a bad pass that led to us losing a goal on several occasions doing 2015. If he does this in training no wonder Poch wants rid.

I think Bentaleb has put his faith in his advisors- as any young man in a foreign country, in a highly paid role, would. My understanding is that it has made him personally come across as a bit greedy & somewhat arrogant. The chap I was chatting to last week, says Bentaleb was/is a lovely kid, but fiercely proud & self confident. Perhaps it was a case of too much too quickly happening for him at Spurs leading to over confidence & a clash with Poch or one of Poch's senior staff...& we know what happens when someone does that.
:lennon::townhmm::adestare:

Shame really I would rather a loan move to allow him to prove himself and get back to 13/14 14/15 form in which case he can star again or at least play somewhere else to get a decent price for him.

Out of all our potentially out goings this is the one that has me in two minds, he could potentially be fantastic based on ability but it is hard to tell if the old Bentaleb is still there.

Oh well either way we move on as a club, looking forward to this season must be the first time we go into a season with most of the positions filled.

Seems harsh tbh. I know the rumours about Nabil's attitude but Pritchard has always seemed a tireless worker.

Am inclined to believe it as Dan Kilpatrick (if I'm not mistaken) is the guy off the Tootenham way podcast and comes across as genuine.

I think Pritchard blew his chance when he opted to go on loan to West Brom and then hardly made an apparence. If I remember correctly, Poch wanted Pritch to stay with us, work on his fitness and challenge for a place.

I think Pritchard blew his chance when he opted to go on loan to West Brom and then hardly made an apparence. If I remember correctly, Poch wanted Pritch to stay with us, work on his fitness and challenge for a place.

Was thinking the exact same thing.

Pritchard forced a transfer through and Bentaleb, even though just barely recovered, forced a move to his national team and re-injured himself.

Coincidence that both of these players are no longer in Poch's plans? I think not.

I've not been entirely bothered by Spurs since the last few games melt down. I felt it best to give the passion a rest so have not actively kept an eye on Transfers etc ( not that there is much to keep an eye on ) & just paid them shy of £900 in expectation of better things to come and watched a bit of Tennis !

With little over a month until the Transfer window shuts and I awake from my slumber I feel concerned that we are not really doing enough at the top end of the market to be progressing at I hoped we might.

I understand that when we have Son, our world class attacking forward / striker / rush keeper :sonlol:so we can beat anyone on our day, but is that ability to dig in and win when the going is tough added to the squad yet ?

That leadership, and central midfield creativity gap has not been plugged, yet on evidence it was the most critical area to fix. As it stands I can't see anyone else being added to the squad to replace Tom "Tommy" Carroll. It is ( I feel ) very much necessary and I'm surprised at what we have bought in so far in that area as I see no change in shape / set up / ability with Victor ( not gonna spell his surname ) added to the Dier, Ali, Dembele mix.

Also does the defence need 1 more to replace the Jan sized gap? although Wimmer is quality and will step up There is a need for 4 CB's and maybe Dominic Ball is the answer there ? however, in that case it would be the answer " yes" to the question "would you like to finish 5/6th?"

Seriously it could be that Ben Davies could move across if needed, but only on the left side, who covers for Toby ? What we currently have does feel somewhat light for a challenge at the Title / top 3 and Champions League later stages... Maybe again that experienced leader is necessary in that right CB area, maybe even from the bench...

I'm being a tad cynical in my outlook perhaps but then we did get blown away by Newcastle 5-1 :walkercry: and it could be that that single cluster fuck continues to cloud my perception of the bigger picture and perhaps those in charge do know what they are doing ( that being pocketing the prize money and releasing only the funds generated by sales ) but it does feel cheap so far...

Is there any video of the press conference where Poch has made these comments?

I only ask because it seems a little odd to state so openly that some players are not in our plans/been told to go.
Doesn't exactly help when you're negotiating a fee with a buying club.

On the other hand, it would indicate how comfortable Poch now feels as our manager that he can discuss players in such a way.

I've not been entirely bothered by Spurs since the last few games melt down. I felt it best to give the passion a rest so have not actively kept an eye on Transfers etc ( not that there is much to keep an eye on ) & just paid them shy of £900 in expectation of better things to come and watched a bit of Tennis !

With little over a month until the Transfer window shuts and I awake from my slumber I feel concerned that we are not really doing enough at the top end of the market to be progressing at I hoped we might.

I understand that when we have Son, our world class attacking forward / striker / rush keeper :sonlol:so we can beat anyone on our day, but is that ability to dig in and win when the going is tough added to the squad yet ?

That leadership, and central midfield creativity gap has not been plugged, yet on evidence it was the most critical area to fix. As it stands I can't see anyone else being added to the squad to replace Tom "Tommy" Carroll. It is ( I feel ) very much necessary and I'm surprised at what we have bought in so far in that area as I see no change in shape / set up / ability with Victor ( not gonna spell his surname ) added to the Dier, Ali, Dembele mix.

Also does the defence need 1 more to replace the Jan sized gap? although Wimmer is quality and will step up There is a need for 4 CB's and maybe Dominic Ball is the answer there ? however, in that case it would be the answer " yes" to the question "would you like to finish 5/6th?"

Seriously it could be that Ben Davies could move across if needed, but only on the left side, who covers for Toby ? What we currently have does feel somewhat light for a challenge at the Title / top 3 and Champions League later stages... Maybe again that experienced leader is necessary in that right CB area, maybe even from the bench...

I'm being a tad cynical in my outlook perhaps but then we did get blown away by Newcastle 5-1 :walkercry: and it could be that that single cluster fuck continues to cloud my perception of the bigger picture and perhaps those in charge do know what they are doing ( that being pocketing the prize money and releasing only the funds generated by sales ) but it does feel cheap so far...

Sorry, had to be done...

yyBTvtD.gif

Back
Top Bottom