Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Won't get a pre-season due to olympics.
Will join the team half-fit.
Will take 2 months to get fit.
His spot has been taken by new signing/Njie/Pritchard
Bench sits until injury
Hasn't had game time so doesn't perform
Gets dropped
Sold in the summer for £15 mil

All so obvious.
Conjecture
Speculation
Conjecture
Speculation
Conjecture
Speculation

Amazing. Even more so when you consider he has played more premier games in one season than Andros had in 3!

Trebles all round!

Andros didn't play because he never had the talent. When he finally opened up his goals for us it was with one the worst hit crosses I've ever seen. Hell, I've seen Andros hitting balls out for throws more times than I've seen him hit the fucking target.

Andros didn't play because he never had the talent. When he finally opened up his goals for us it was with one the worst hit crosses I've ever seen. Hell, I've seen Andros hitting balls out for throws more times than I've seen him hit the fucking target.

I can barely remember him getting a run of games at all. Maybe he was too eager to please.

He played alright yesterday wouldn't you say? His crosses certainly hit the mark then.

As for lack of talent? You must be a wasted football genius. You know more about the game than the England manager. That clueless buffoon will be taking him to the Euros.

I can barely remember him getting a run of games at all. Maybe he was too eager to please.

He played alright yesterday wouldn't you say? His crosses certainly hit the mark then.

As for lack of talent? You must be a wasted football genius. You know more about the game than the England manager. That clueless buffoon will be taking him to the Euros.

If you think the England manager is some sort of football genius then you're pretty deluded mate. Roy Hodgson makes terrible decisions and I'm perfectly okay with that.

And for what it's worth, I'm sure if he had the choice between Townsend and Son, he would take Son as well. But clearly you know more about football than the Spurs manager, so what the fuck does it matter?

8 goals 6 assists in his first season in EPL. What a bunch of plastic fans here. Forgot about Lamela's performance in his first two years?
we got to be careful not to think everyone will come good like lamela in his 3rd season.
or else we would need to give Fazio 3 full seasons at the back before we decide.
after he trips over the ball which leads to sanchez scoring the winner for Woolwich against us.
I don't think I will be comforted by remember lamela!

I think 2 full seasons is fair but its going to be hard to start him much as who would pick him in their first 11 for us? & that's before any signings we make this summer.

sometimes you have to make early judgement calls before they get the ideal few seasons to bed in etc.

Last edited:
I'm trying really hard to remember some of his positive performances before he got injured, however he has been utter shite for the second half of this season.

I am fine giving him another season to prove his worth, but if we got in a decent offer I wouldn't shed many tears if he was moved on.

He really doesn't seem to get how important football is to the fans - I just don't see any commitment in the way he plays, I can forgive virtually anything from a Spurs player other than not looking bothered.

Give him another season ffs

If he gets a pre season with Poch and still plays shite then yes get rid next January

Mason, Fazio n Bentelab need to go before Son IMO

He really doesn't seem to get how important football is to the fans - I just don't see any commitment in the way he plays, I can forgive virtually anything from a Spurs player other than not looking bothered.

Apart from Harry n Lamela how many were bothered yesterday?

Problem with comparing him to Lamelas first season is the fact that Lamelas first season saw him play under AVB.

Even in Lamelas first season under Pochettino he was creating chances and definitely improved as the season went on.

Son has shown glimpses of being a good player, goal against Leicester, skill against Watford, performance as a whole against City at home but he seems to be on a different wave length to the rest.

I definitely think he'll improve next year with a pre season under his belt but he'll always be frustrating to many, because I feel that's his game.

I'm not one of his biggest fans by any means, in fact he's probably been the biggest source of frustration for me this season, but it's ludicrous to write him off already.

The guy has shown enough given it's his first season in a new country and he had a pretty bad injury while he was in great form. He knows where the goal is and given the progress Lamela has made after a shocking start to his Spurs career, I'm fully convinced he'll be a big player for us next season.

Remember Lamela. It took time but look at him now (11 goals and 10 assists all competitions). Son had a way better first season than Erik and looks a threat when he is on his game. Yes, he loses the ball a lot and sometimes have the "head down, sprint into ALL the defenders derp-mode" going for him but so did Lamela.

Son will push either Eriksen (unlikely) or Lamela (more likely) out of this XI next season or possibly the one after that. I believe in the lad. As Alli is likely to dip (or he just pulls a Harry Kane and has no dip whatsoever) we need competition there. A good squad player for now. Ease off!

He either goes to the olympics or he does 2 years military service. Either way, Spurs lose.

That's crazy

Surely this apparent when we were interested in him so, if true, why spend all that money?

Doesn't make sense

:pochrolleyes:

That's crazy

Surely this apparent when we were interested in him so, if true, why spend all that money?

Doesn't make sense

:pochrolleyes:
It was apparent I'm afraid. Plenty of stuff out there about his requirement to either win a medal with the national side or go home to do national service before he's 28. And it seems there are few or no other loopholes. So it's a lesser of two evils IMO for him to go to the Olympics & play his fucking guts out. Then hopefully come back with a medal, military service a worry of the past & focus on getting it right at Spurs. I've seen enough to think he could be amazing for us, but also enough to worry that he may not be cut out for the sheer physicality of our league. Jury is out on him, but he needs to be given time to see whether he can cut it or whether he is just a pin up boy for the Asian continent.

Back
Top Bottom