Yves Bissouma

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There are bound to be a few hiccups there are bound to be a few hiccups there are bound to be a few hiccups there are bound to be a few hiccups there are bound to be a few hiccups...

There are a few hiccups...

Shit the bed shit the bed shit the bed shit the bed shit the bed shit the bed shit the bed shit the bed shit the bed shit the bed shit the bed shit the bed shit the bed shit the bed shit the bed...

Fucking Levy etc.

Pretty much.

Some people got so caught up in the league table and our results so much so that they were never going to take the first blip very well at all and everyone from the tea lady to the chairman were going to get pelters for it from all angles. Same people will swear blind we'll lose to Aston Villa only to then further bash the team if we do end up losing to Villa despite thinking it was going to happen anyway.

We're 4th in the league. Lost the same amount of games as the champions and league leaders. Two points behind them with a third of the season gone. We have our key player in midfield out for two months. We have arguably our best centre back out for another month due to suspension and his very good partner out for another two months minimum. Some perspective here.

Give it a rest FFS.

It's a forum.

People are allowed to write what they want and it's perfectly reasonable.

Biss hasn't been in the same good form as he was early in the season, that is what people are discussing. In fact he has been awful and it's why our midfield hasn't been as dominant as the first games.
He’s not been awful for fuck sake. Out if interest what games has he been awful?

Not allowed to be critical of players if they're not playing well now?
Never said that. He has a game where he hasn’t dominated it and people can’t wait to get stuck into him but you get slaughtered on here for having a go at players like Richy,Sess or Skipp when they are shit 99% of the time. He’s not been as influential because teams are playing so narrow against us and he always has two players either side of him to try nullify him. Go back and watch the Chelsea game first 20 mins and see how much space we had wide early on. We exploited that without Biss being a big part of it. He’s a massive player for us and will have games where he’s not influencing much but for anybody to say he’s been awful I’d ludicrous.

Never said that. He has a game where he hasn’t dominated it and people can’t wait to get stuck into him but you get slaughtered on here for having a go at players like Richy,Sess or Skipp when they are shit 99% of the time. He’s not been as influential because teams are playing so narrow against us and he always has two players either side of him to try nullify him. Go back and watch the Chelsea game first 20 mins and see how much space we had wide early on. We exploited that without Biss being a big part of it. He’s a massive player for us and will have games where he’s not influencing much but for anybody to say he’s been awful I’d ludicrous.

Hold up, tell me which posts you've seen in here where you think people cannot wait to get stuck into him?

I said he was crap on Saturday because he was crap, no-one has said he isn't good enough to play in this team, I don't understand why you're being so precious to what is valid criticism.

Criticise/stuck into him,who cares how you word it. I don’t think he’s been poor at all. Maybe quieter but not to the point where you say he’s been awful. He might not be as dominating in some games but that happens. We have such an over the top or doomsday bunch on here who overreact to everything. We have some who are annoyed that players go away on international duty for fuck sake.

Hold up, tell me which posts you've seen in here where you think people cannot wait to get stuck into him?

I said he was crap on Saturday because he was crap, no-one has said he isn't good enough to play in this team, I don't understand why you're being so precious to what is valid criticism.
Probably because I respect how good he is and how hard it is to do what he does. He’s not just a Jorginho type who sits and plays an easy pass because most professional footballers who play midfield should be able to do that all day. . He takes it in dangerous areas,takes people out the game by going by players and dictates games. Teams nullifying him is something he’ll need to beat and he’s only at the start of playing in this system. If teams do that then they are over compensating and will leave themselves vulnerable elsewhere as Chelsea did for 20 minutes. That’s up to us to capitalise on that.
The only time he let himself down was the Luton game.

Criticise/stuck into him,who cares how you word it. I don’t think he’s been poor at all. Maybe quieter but not to the point where you say he’s been awful. He might not be as dominating in some games but that happens. We have such an over the top or doomsday bunch on here who overreact to everything. We have some who are annoyed that players go away on international duty for fuck sake.

So one person said that he's awful and you apply this to everyone here who's pointed out criticism for this performance on Saturday, fantastic. :confused:

I wouldn't say he's been awful myself but it's a subjective term regardless, you said 3 key words there 'I don't think', which means you are giving your opinion, why can't other people give theirs?

Also you can apply that same logic to those who go OTT over players and over rate them, you'll never goint to get a natural balance of opinions on players.

And also you're talking to someone who has been accused of being a natural optimist anyway, I rarely go too hard on players but if they've been crap ill call them out, this is hardly worth losing your shit over but his poor performances are worthy of a discussion.

So one person said that he's awful and you apply this to everyone here who's pointed out criticism for this performance on Saturday, fantastic. :confused:

I wouldn't say he's been awful myself but it's a subjective term regardless, you said 3 key words there 'I don't think', which means you are giving your opinion, why can't other people give theirs?

Also you can apply that same logic to those who go OTT over players and over rate them, you'll never goint to get a natural balance of opinions on players.

And also you're talking to someone who has been accused of being a natural optimist anyway, I rarely go too hard on players but if they've been crap ill call them out, this is hardly worth losing your shit over but his poor performances are worthy of a discussion.
I’m far from losing my shit. It’s worthy of a discussion but I won’t criticise a player who offers so much and has been excellent so far. When players are not playing well for long periods then they deserve to be criticised but not one who’s one of the main reasons this system works for us.

I’m far from losing my shit. It’s worthy of a discussion but I won’t criticise a player who offers so much and has been excellent so far. When players are not playing well for long periods then they deserve to be criticised but not one who’s one of the main reasons this system works for us.

You won't that's fine so what's the problem when others do it?

If you don't like the discussion then don't take part in it.

Ok,so it’s have a go at Biss time🙈

Fucking incredible lot on here.

Coming here for easy popularty and upvotes, aye?
How is the view from you high-horse?

When players are doing extremely well, then they are praised beyond the actual level.
When they drop off, some become bit overly critical. That's life.

I personally absolutely love Bissouma, but also I am very much worried.
His start of the season was absolutely exceptional. Brilliant. Pretty much flawless.
But right now I am very much worried. For 6 rounds he has been half of the player he was in first 7 rounds. If not even worse.
Yes. These 6 rounds include 2 missed games, one that happened and 1 that is yet to happen, but nothing will change the fact he will give us nothing against Villa.

I really-really-really hope that this yellow-card suspension is the reason and that he will be once again freed from shackles when he returns from the ban. Because in order for us to achieve something good, we need first-7-rounds-Bissouma.

My opinion was I don’t think he deserved criticism. That’s what the discussion is!!

Oh. Right.
You were "contributing" to "discussion" so well, right.

It is such an argument and insight to write -
"Ok,so it’s have a go at Biss time"
and then shit on others trying to lift yourself by adding
"Fucking incredible lot on here."

Real fcking disccusion master you are.

If you want to act like forum police, then be a man and admit doing this when others call you out for it.

"Awful" is a 6.5/10 performance for some.

Drop to 5.5 - 6 and you're "beyond woeful".

Anything around 5 makes you the worst player in our 141-year history.

Can you please deal in decimal points.

I’m not a fan of this very general 0.5 grading.

“Anything around 5”. How about using 4.765 as a guideline??

Sort it out!!!

If you want to act like forum police, then be a man and admit doing this when others call you out for it.

Maybe Nico’s pronouns are they/them.

And I imagine your blatant sexism is quite upsetting to our Gen Z members.

This place clearly needs some forum police. Admin Admin maybe you need to get some volunteers.

Vehicle and nightclub tickets perk of the job.

E9lZ3EdWEAAzn2L.jpg

ad49a97da2672e3f96240a7ac3609c79.gif

Oh. Right.
You were "contributing" to "discussion" so well, right.

It is such an argument and insight to write -
"Ok,so it’s have a go at Biss time"
and then shit on others trying to lift yourself by adding
"Fucking incredible lot on here."

Real fcking disccusion master you are.

Calm down! When have I ever acted like forum police? Think you are taking this a bit far but fire away champ

Coming here for easy popularty and upvotes, aye?
How is the view from you high-horse?

When players are doing extremely well, then they are praised beyond the actual level.
When they drop off, some become bit overly critical. That's life.

I personally absolutely love Bissouma, but also I am very much worried.
His start of the season was absolutely exceptional. Brilliant. Pretty much flawless.
But right now I am very much worried. For 6 rounds he has been half of the player he was in first 7 rounds. If not even worse.
Yes. These 6 rounds include 2 missed games, one that happened and 1 that is yet to happen, but nothing will change the fact he will give us nothing against Villa.

I really-really-really hope that this yellow-card suspension is the reason and that he will be once again freed from shackles when he returns from the ban. Because in order for us to achieve something good, we need first-7-rounds-Bissouma.
What the fuck are you gibbering about ?? 7 round Bissouma! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Back
Top Bottom