Yves Bissouma

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I hate those stupid fecking graphs because the percentiles always make out its a huge difference when really its like 2.5 tackles per game vs 2.01 and one has you in the red and the other in the green.

Both excellent, very different players. Both fanbases also think they're a good shout for captain, in fact Woolwich fans seem to think Rice should take over now. We've obviously got Son who is nailing the nice guy leader role.

You need to have a look at some of those per90 numbers. Bissouma is mullering Rice (see what I did there).

Arteta bought Rice thinking he could do what Bissouma is doing, be a pressure resistant, ball winning, ball progressing 6, took a couple of games for Arteta to realise he can’t, so Jorginho’s had to come in and do it.

Rice isn’t bad, but vastly overrated. Arse are going to have to buy another 6 to do the job they thought Rice could do.

Your other favourite wankhorn has been upgraded at city too - by a raw kid from another country.

You need to have a look at some of those per90 numbers. Bissouma is mullering Rice (see what I did there).

Arteta bought Rice thinking he could do what Bissouma is doing, be a pressure resistant, ball winning, ball progressing 6, took a couple of games for Arteta to realise he can’t, so Jorginho’s had to come in and do it.

Rice isn’t bad, but vastly overrated. Arse are going to have to buy another 6 to do the job they thought Rice could do.

He's their player of the month, the player the fans are calling captain elect and a bargain at 105m, and the player who was just incredible away to Sevilla in which he just was everywhere and ran the show. He's about as far away from overrated as it is possible to get. Every fanbase who has ever had him (England, West Ham, Woolwich) love him. Shows so much more than a graph. He's even added a couple of goals.

Bissouma is probably the best ball carrier in the league & is having a stunning season so far. Like, ludicrously good and would be a shout for PL POTY if it wasn't obsessed with attackers. He's also playing in a side who are firing on all cylinders at the moment and can do no wrong. 25m for him was obviously ludicrous but I'd compare that more to the 100m for Enzo or the 120m for Caicedo, neither of which are as good as Rice.

Doesn’t really bother me with Bissouma, not really his remit and he brings a ton of other good stuff.
I'm not saying he should score bucket loads, but IMO a DM who can strike the ball from range is a big threat cos they regularly find themselves unmarked on the edge of the box.

Rodri has saved City quite a few times by doing that, as did Casemiro last season.

site pour photo

One of these was 25m, one of them was a 105m.

Larry David Hbo GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Apparently we only bought him cos he was cheap....

Ain't that right TomHotspur TomHotspur .

I used to be very skeptical of Expressions but TBH he does have an incredible turn of phase.

I was really keen to avoid a "Tottenham Troopz" but nah, this guy is hilarious and from what I've heard very nice when others fans approach him for photos etc.

View: https://x.com/ExpressionsOOZ/status/1718710948414792082?s=20

Oppo fans laugh at or hate on all those AFTV mugs (esp. Troops & DT)......

...........Oppo fans tune in to Ex cos he's damn entertaining.

Big credit to him tonight. Not only did he play well but kept his head while others were losing theirs. Not picking up that 5th yellow showed real discipline and man we need him for Sat.

Big credit to him tonight. Not only did he play well but kept his head while others were losing theirs. Not picking up that 5th yellow showed real discipline and man we need him for Sat.

Knowing our luck, he'll pick up his yellow against Villa and miss the City game with Romero and VDV

Back
Top Bottom