You're Shit (Hey Jude) Chant- Yay or Nay?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you like the You're Shit (Hey Jude) Chants?

• Total voters
Singing in the concourse at away games? What's the point? How about singing when the games actually going on. Get off your fucking iPhones, stop filming and fucking sing

I do enjoy a good sing song in the concourse or the pub, but people filming does my head in. Nothing ruins a sing song more than taking a look around and realize that half the people around you are looking through their iPhones. That "Spurs away days" fella on Facebook can do it. The rest of you please stop. It's shit!

As for the "you're fucking shit" song, it was funny against West Ham. Now it's cringeworthy. What happened to the old school spontaneous good humoured English terrace culture? Timing is everything. Singing the same song over and over again is not witty banter.

Having said that, atmosphere at our last two away games have been brilliant.

Doesn't even sound that good as well as being embrassing, it's the kind of chant I'd expect a bunch of arrogant Woolwich fans to come up with.

Now 'Woolwich fan in the street' and 'Tottenham boys making all the noise' they are fucking awesome.

Against WH it was glorious. I was in 35 for that match and it was absolutely wonderful being so close to their cunty lot, I've never seen them so wound up. But it needs to be used sparingly - only when we're giving someone an absolute dicking. Singing it with a 1 goal or even 2 goal lead is absolutely asking for trouble. Let's just hope we have reason to sing it against Woolwich soon, they'll love that...

My view is that If you're gonna have a go then there are plenty of better, more opposition specific, things to be sung. I like to think we have better class of supporter, singing this week in week out reeks more of a mono browed Leicester fan who's been let out of his cage for a season.

Agree that some noise is better than no noise (ala "Everywhere we go"), but by the same manner some songs are superior to others.

As a group of supporters we have a great repertoire of songs to choose from. A good mixture of traditional and more contemporary chants . Certainly better than ranting our name over and over again (see the nomads and chavs), and there's no need to lower ourselves to their level by singing whatever gimmicky fad is doing the rounds that week.

Last edited:
Yay and Nay for me. Yes I was singing it at palace on Saturday but only after the chadli goal when I knew we were safe. We sung it at the hawthorns in December just before they equalised and we drew the game 1-1. So only sing it when we are at least 2-goals up in the last minute I think otherwise it could come back and bite us on the arse!

Can be funny when sung to Chavs, Woolwich or Spam.

Stand up, little toy and Sol-chants are not favourites of mine either, get a bit tiresome.

Yes. The concourse singing helps keep the mood going for when you go back onto the stands.
Why doesn't it happen then?

What I've seen happen this season is the kids go back into the stands, see everyone else standing & watching, so half might carry on for a little bit with the other half coming up randomly as and when they've finished their beers. Not seen it affect the second half mood as yet.

Back
Top Bottom