You're Shit (Hey Jude) Chant- Yay or Nay?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you like the You're Shit (Hey Jude) Chants?

• Total voters

Team Tanguy

Each Baz like = I give him a call <3
Seen some mixed views on this.

At first I only thought it was appropriate for people we hate (wet spam, chavs etc) but tbh I usually find myself disliking most teams we play by the full time whistle whether it's due to cynical anti-football from their players or moany whinging unbearable fans.

Feels like a guilty pleasure but I like it. My only wish is for it to be sung when we're at least winning (heard it was sung against Chavs when we were drawing ffs) and not too early- hell save it for when we're 2 up or there's literally a few minutes left to avoid another Newcastle embarrassment.

Discuss

Absolutely loved singing it at the pikies, we were all over them like a cheap suit and it was absolutely the right song to sing, for those 100 left in the stadium I bet it is still in their heads now as they try to get some sleep. I was laughing as I was singing it, happy days.

But, I do not like signing it when we are 1-0 up no matter who the completion is. Feel it should be sung when we are bossing it, that and more ole's please.

Definitely one that will come to bite us in the ass at some point. A bit like the muggy handball chants you hear teams do when it wasn't given and then we go and score. Quality to mug off teams we hate - but then saying that if your sitting in 35 or in the away end you'll probably hate every team by the second half.

Definitely should be opponent and score line dependent.

Was hilarious against Wet Spam, but poor old Sunderland fans know they're shit and don't need us rubbing it in.

Save it for Scum/Spam/Chelscum/Manure.

I'm not a fan of it but thought as a one off it was hilarious against West Ham. I don't think it's something we should be winning every week (although I'll happily see us win every week).

Against West Ham it felt like we were sticking the boot in a little further, embarrassing them on the pitch and shutting them up off it.
We then went to West Brom I think, started singing it at 1-0 and threw away the lead which made us look stupid.

That said I did enjoy it on Wednesday night against Leicester. Good to shut their fans up for a night.

I'm not a fan of it but thought as a one off it was hilarious against West Ham. I don't think it's something we should be winning every week (although I'll happily see us win every week).

Against West Ham it felt like we were sticking the boot in a little further, embarrassing them on the pitch and shutting them up off it.
We then went to West Brom I think, started singing it at 1-0 and threw away the lead which made us look stupid.

That said I did enjoy it on Wednesday night against Leicester. Good to shut their fans up for a night.

Their 26 fans who stayed to the end looked furious..

I don't like it, just as I don't like 'spurs are on their way to wembley' when the game is not over, or at least certainly decided.
However, it was good v Spam.
It was also very apt yesterday as those muggy Palace fans do the same chant with Eagles.
Those homesdale fanatic ultras in that corner are right cunts.
How they get away with it is beyond me.
Yes I know the South East corner the oppo get stick at corners, but I have never seen anything like it at Palace.
They come hurtling down from row z to confront and look like they want to commit physical violence to the player. It's basically violent intimidation, and that's if they don't start lobbing bottles and coins. They are well over the top.
I dislike that lot of their fans immensely. Proper muggy cowardly cunts who drink at the Portmanor in Portland Road. I lived there for a short while. Shit hole.
They also have a habit of whistling a lot for some reason. Is it for the final whistle, do they fancy a player, or is there a whistling only section? Like I said it's like a Ronnie Ronalde gig at Selhurst.
So, that's a no from me. Only when we are smashing Spam or Palace.

Depends on the opponents and what the scoreline is, 4-1 at home against West-Ham with minutes to go, yep it's fine. Against Sunderland I feel it lacks a bit of respect to be honest.

That's my thoughts on the subject.

P.S - against West hame it was proper funny hearing th3 chant tho.. he he

Back
Top Bottom