Your Revised Predictions

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Where will Spurs finish this season

• 1st

Votes: 10 13.3%
  • 2nd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3rd

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • 4th

Votes: 6 8.0%
  • 5th

Votes: 15 20.0%
  • 6th

Votes: 23 30.7%
  • 7th

• 8th or below

• Total voters
I'd rather we finished 6th and avoid Europe for a season. Have a batter at the title next season with a hopefully settled squad and no distractions.

I agree a season without Europa would be good for us.. Or what would be better is, if we do get to play in the Europa next season, just play the kids and fringe players. That way we get to see who could make the grade and keep our 1st team fresh.

We got to the CL quarter final and Levy didn't spend a single penny (net) on players. So why do you think anything would change ?
Levy was probably arrogant enough to think that we'd be in the CL every year from that point on. He wants to have his cake and eat it. Wants CL, fires the manager if he doesn't get it, but doesn't want to invest in the squad to increase his chances unless he sells our best players for mega-millions.

Yeah, the positive glow is dissipating more and more for me where DL is concerned unfortunately.

6th with us doing woolwich in the cup. Other that that some nice football and the odd big result. I'm glad I'm old enough to have been here many times before. Hope a lot of the plastics fuck of from the lane and the atmosphere gets better. I never really though we'd get top 4. If we didn't have our worldie last season I think AVB might not have seen the summer.

I don't think we've a chance of top 4. After watch ManC and Pool it looked like they were a step above.

If I'm feeling optimistic, think we can still make top four, but that's not happening too often these days. Although I voted 6th, feel 7th or 8th could be more likely. Still a lot of football to play, we're only half way through the season and anything can happen. But realistically, this season is another one of rebuilding the team and bedding in a new manager, so expectations with regards to our league position probably need to be lowered and hope for a Cup victory to sweeten the pill.

Before the Liverpool game, I still thought top 4. Now with the way we are setting out, 6th

Agreed. For me,

1) Citeh
2) Arse
3) Liverpool
4) Chelsea
5) Everton
6) mofuggin Spurs
7) Man U
8) Newcastle

Surely Newcastle cannot keep it up, and I simply don't think Man U are that good. Made a few bets before the season they wouldn't make top four, and as of now I'm liking my chances. Either way, we could just as easily finish seventh. However, I'm relieved it would mean no Europa. Liverpool and Newcastle seem to both be enjoying their freedom from the tournament this year.

We will finish above both Scouse clubs. I'm torn between 4th and 5th at the moment..
I think the 4th and 5th will be between us and ManYoo.

Man City to walk it.
Chavs
Filth
The football connoisseurs/ ManYoo.

Why would you bother posting a poll question, asking for opinions, then cunt off the first respondent?

Are you actually aware that you may not always be right all the time?

I also asked for a reason for the prediction, based on logic. This was not supplied

You're relying on League & FA cup winners to be teams from outside the top 5 then. Given the league cup semi' final draw, I'm sure Utd or City will win that, so we need an outside team to win the FA cup for us to finish 6th and not qualify for EL.

Would I be right in saying that if two different sides from the top four win both cups, then the Europa cup will go down to 7th ?

We were, depending on a bit of luck, going to finish either 4th, 5th or 6th under Avb - we were setup to get near on two points a game regardless of the embarrassing defeats to the top teams.

Now I can see us struggling against anyone who can string a few passes together - we'll be 8th or below, probably 9th just because we have 10 points on 10th place downwards.

6th. Once our first choice back 4 are together i see us being a lot more solid at the back... but losing games in midfield due to Timmahhhh's "fuck DM's" approach.

Would I be right in saying that if two different sides from the top four win both cups, then the Europa cup will go down to 7th ?
Yup.

"The team placed fifth in the Premier League automatically qualifies for the UEFA Europa League, and the sixth and seventh-placed teams can also qualify, depending on the winners and runners-up of the two domestic cup competitions. Two Europa League places are reserved for the winner of each of the domestic cup competitions; if the winner of the FA Cup qualifies for the Champions League, then that place will go to the runner-up, and if the runner-up is also already qualified, then that place will go to the next-best placed finisher in the Premier League. If the winner of the League Cup has already qualified, that place goes to the next-best placed team in the league."

Back
Top Bottom