Your Revised Predictions

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Where will Spurs finish this season

• 1st

Votes: 10 13.3%
  • 2nd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3rd

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • 4th

Votes: 6 8.0%
  • 5th

Votes: 15 20.0%
  • 6th

Votes: 23 30.7%
  • 7th

• 8th or below

• Total voters
You're relying on League & FA cup winners to be teams from outside the top 5 then. Given the league cup semi' final draw, I'm sure Utd or City will win that, so we need an outside team to win the FA cup for us to finish 6th and not qualify for EL.

Would I be right in saying that if two different sides from the top four win both cups, then the Europa cup will go down to 7th ?

We were, depending on a bit of luck, going to finish either 4th, 5th or 6th under Avb - we were setup to get near on two points a game regardless of the embarrassing defeats to the top teams.

Now I can see us struggling against anyone who can string a few passes together - we'll be 8th or below, probably 9th just because we have 10 points on 10th place downwards.

6th. Once our first choice back 4 are together i see us being a lot more solid at the back... but losing games in midfield due to Timmahhhh's "fuck DM's" approach.

Would I be right in saying that if two different sides from the top four win both cups, then the Europa cup will go down to 7th ?
Yup.

"The team placed fifth in the Premier League automatically qualifies for the UEFA Europa League, and the sixth and seventh-placed teams can also qualify, depending on the winners and runners-up of the two domestic cup competitions. Two Europa League places are reserved for the winner of each of the domestic cup competitions; if the winner of the FA Cup qualifies for the Champions League, then that place will go to the runner-up, and if the runner-up is also already qualified, then that place will go to the next-best placed finisher in the Premier League. If the winner of the League Cup has already qualified, that place goes to the next-best placed team in the league."

7th if Timmy doesn't improve his tactics. 5th if he does. Out of all the cups unfortunately.

I've written the season off now. Anything good that happens will be a pleasant bonus for me.

I think a lot depends on how or if United spend in January. Their midfield looks flimsy without Carrick. Liverpool will also struggle to keep up their form if Suarez gets injured. It will take a miracle for us to qualify for the Champions League this season. I know it's early days with Sherwood but we're not scoring and our defending is Sunday League at times.

Back
Top Bottom