Your Keep/Get shot list

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'd honestly not be sad to see any of them go. I'm not even that sad to see Kane go, because even with him we've done next to nothing. I can understand him for wanting out completely. Doesn't mean I have to wish him the Ballon'dOr or however you spell the fucking thing.

Seeing as you realistically can't get rid of a whole squad, I'd keep:

Lloris
Whiteman
Rodon
Toby
Tanganga
Reguilon (get good again, you little prick)
Sessegnon
Hojbjerg
Skipp
Lo Celso
Devine
Bergwijn
Son
Scarlett

Scary that I only consider 3 or 4 of them at best as first-teamers.

First to go would be Alli, Ndombele, Dier and Winks.

Lloris - Keep
Hart - Keep

Davies - Keep
Reguilon - Keep
Rodon - Keep
Sanchez - Get shot
Dier - Get shot
Toby - Keep
Aurier - Get shot
Doherty - Keep
Sessegnon - Keep
Foyth - Keep
Tanganga (get well fella) Keep

Lo Celso - Keep
Ndombele - Keep
Lamela - Get shot
Dele - Keep
Bergwijn - Keep
Winks - Get shot
PEH- Keep
Gedson (who?) - Get shot
Sissoko - Get shot
Lucas - Keep
Bale - Keep

Vinny - Get shot
Son - Keep
Kane - Keep (but we won't)

Winks and Sissoko first out of the door. Followed by Aurier, Sanchez, Dier, Davies, Vinicius, Rose, Lamela, Lucas and Doherty

That's 11 out for starters. Not a chance of all of them leaving though in one summer.

Keep the rest assuming Kane and Son stay but if Kane leaves i'd expect Son to also go tbh.

Let's make an assumption Kane is leaving, in that case...

Keep: Lo Celso, Reggie, Bergwijn (sounds silly but I think he has potential), Rondon, Skipp, Hojbjerg

Good but sell if a good offer (i.e. peak value we'd never be offered again) comes in: Son, Hugo, Ndombele maybe, Alderweireld.

I literally couldn't care less if any assortment of the rest were sold.
Possibly Foyth as he’s been getting some good reviews

I'd keep Lloris, Tanganga, Rodon, Sessegnon, Reguilon, Hojbjerg, Skipp, Ndombele, Gio, Bergwijn and listen to offers for everybody else this summer.

Actively try to sell Kane, Son, Lucas, Lamela, Winks, Sissoko, Sanchez, Dier, Aurier, Dele.

Massive rebuild required. Wouldn't renew the Bale loan.

The biggest problem is finding someone stupid enough to take most of that lot on their current salaries plus pay a transfer fee and I can’t see Levy paying their contracts up and/or letting them go on a free.

Consequently I think we’ll be starting the new season with almost the same squad, with the possible exceptions of Bale and Vinicius (loan) and probably Kane & Son (too good to stay).

The players who must be moved on:

Winks, Sissoko, Dele, Dier, Lamela, Doherty

Any others depend largely on the manager coming in, but those 6 are the primary targets to move along as I can't see them fitting into any manager's plans. And, aside from Doherty, most have been at the club too long and they're adding to the stale feel of the club.

Players that are definitely going anyway seem to be Kane and Aurier.

Last edited:
Thought it would be interesting to compare how big people think the re-build is. Here is my list, it makes for sorry reading.

Get shot doesn't mean literally shoot.....for most of them at least, just means release/sell/meltdown and turn into glue/knackers yard etc. It also doesn't assume that we can't offload or keep which may well be the case.

This thread isn't meant to cunt off anyone's opinions either, just interested to see what everyone thinks.

Lloris - Get shot
Hart - Get shot

Davies - Keep
Reguilon - Keep
Rodon - Keep
Sanchez - Get shot
Dier - Get shot
Toby - Get shot
Aurier - Get shot
Doherty - Get shot
Sessegnon - Get shot
Foyth - Get shot
Tanganga (get well fella) Keep

Lo Celso - Keep
Ndombele - Get shot
Lamela - Get shot
Dele - Keep
Bergwijn - Get shot
Winks - Get shot
PEH- Keep
Gedson (who?) - Get shot
Sissoko - Get shot
Lucas - Keep
Bale - Keep

Vinny - Get shot
Son - Keep
Kane - Keep

Hope I haven't missed anyone.

Haven't included young lads like Whiteman, Clarke, Scarlett as we simply haven't seen enough of them

So for me that's 11 keepers (some on thin fucking ice) vs. 16 get shot....that's fucking alarming. And no realistic way we could get shot off all that in 2-3 windows.

Lloris - Keep
Hart - Don't care

Davies - Keep
Reguilon - Keep
Rodon - Keep
Sanchez - Sell £15M
Dier - Keep
Toby - Keep
Aurier - Sell £10M
Doherty - Sell £2M
Sessegnon - Keep - loan
Foyth - Sell £10M
Tanganga - Keep

Lo Celso - Keep
Ndombele - Keep
Lamela - Sell £10M
Dele - Sell £20M
Bergwijn - Keep
Winks - Keep
PEH- Keep
Sissoko - Sell £5M
Lucas - Sell £10M
Bale - Keep

Vinny - Send back
Son - Sell £60M
Kane - Sell £120M

Son is too streaky to be our star player.
£200+M to rebuild. Buy young. Get a couple of superstar youngsters to build around, such as Bellingham. The ones left staying include some players that may be built around that may improve, and some that may be decent squad players/backup players. We could be attractive to great talents as there would be room to get plentifull playing time within this squad.

Lloris -Keep
Hart - Let go

Davies - Let go
Reguilon - Keep
Rodon - Keep
Sanchez - Keep
Dier - Let go
Toby - Keep
Aurier - Let go
Doherty - Let go
Sessegnon - Keep
Foyth - Let go
Tanganga - Keep

Lo Celso - Keep
Ndombele - Keep
Lamela - Let go
Dele - Let go
Bergwijn - Keep
Winks -Let go
PEH- Keep
Sissoko - Let go
Lucas - Let go
Bale - Keep

Son - Let go
Kane -Let go

In an ideal world Keep Son & Kane

Sell everyone else

I actually would prefer to send those two out in a 2-0-0 formation next season than watch any of the donkey's masquerading as footballers that we have managed to accumulate

dishes GIF

Shoot about 3/4 of the squad.
That is some serious skill. Is there a CB skill equivalent of him for Levy money?

Hope they're reading:

Ryan Mason - brave but nah. Maybe in a decade.

Winks - Just fuck off. Today.

Aurier and Lamela, I actually like you both you crazy bastards, but adios.

Dier, if you were content to warm the bench and just come on to see out the last 15 mins of a successful game, or cover for very short-term injuries, then I'd still keep you around. But no way you'd be happy with that and you're too erratic, so bye.

Sanchez - you've lost the plot here. I still think there's a defender in there, but we're not seeing him. You're fired.

Toby - bloody love you and always will. One more season to help the transition. I don't want you to become stale and us to resent you, because you've been a demigod for us. If I had a magic wish to hand, I'd take six years off you and Jan and have that glorious defence back.

Kane - really sad to see you go. If you stay in the PL then I hope we win all the trophies and you and city fall flat on your arses. Then I hope you come back, we erect a 60 ft bronze statue of you at the stadium and you beat Greavsie's record by 100.

Dele Ali - dunno. You're an enigma and I see brilliance and banality in equal measures.

Lucas - I'd keep you. You have shown up in bigger games and you make opposition's nervous.

Bale - enjoy our facilities for another season. Maybe crank it up a gear in the bigger games.

Sissoko and Doc - Hahahaha. Yeah....no.

Lo Celso - genuine question: do Argentinians have bone marrow? Not that impressive this season but I think you have quality so make-or-break season coming up.

Ndombele - I gather you want to go. Prefer it if you stayed. Brilliant but maybe not as useful as I'd hoped. We need to see under a different manager.

Hugo - stay.

Reggie - stay, but you seriously need up your game.

Hojbjerg - warrior. Stay.

Davies - Stay

Tanganga - Stay, but not as RB.

Rodon - no idea why you're not being picked but stay.

Son - stay, unless someone comes in at the right price.

Skipp - great to have you back.

Haaland - Welcome!

Back
Top Bottom