Your first Spurs game

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Think it was one of the first games Klinsmann scored in, might have been an overhead kick at the Lane?

All I remember is being in the Park upper and not being able to see the celebrations.

I feel like such a new fan compared to you guys..
Only started to take an interest in football start of the 2007/2008 season. Dad asked me if I'd like to see a match (him being United supporter) I said okay, and he would try and get two tickets to Spurs match for me.
It turns out he got two Spurs tickets for:

Spurs vs Getafe in the EUFA Cup - October 25 2007. A cold Thursday evening in the shelf. We lost 1-2! Start as you mean to go on and that stuff

I fell in love with the club and became an arm chair fan, up until this season, went to MK Dons pre-season then most of the Europa matches, all the home FA Cup fixtures and my first prem match - Spurs vs Norwich on Easter Monday.. 1-2 yet again :(

Oh yeah I was there when they sacked :bmj:

1992-93 away to Ipswich Town. Hazy memories of the yellow birdshit kit, Teddy making his debut, and a Jason Cundy "wonder fluke"

I was 10, and being the only spurs fan in my family I only got to see spurs when they played Ipswich.

December 1984. First ever goal I scored at Spurs by a Spurs legend and king of mulletts (who was at the time playing for newcastle...)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNUD_tXxKAI[/youtube]

We turned 0-1 into 3-1 that day in case anyone was worrying.

Stood up on the Shelf gazing down on the pitch. It felt like home. It was love and, despite some wobbles in the relationship over the years, I still love Spurs. Think I'll have a little cry now.

:vdvcry:

First game i clearly remember being at is Stoke. Wooden seats Paxton road. John chedozie scored. I think we won 4-0.
Had been before but too young to remember. I dont actually have any real memories of anything under the age of 4. Find people who do a bit weird!

Big Les Wade said:
December 1984. First ever goal I scored at Spurs by a Spurs legend and king of mulletts (who was at the time playing for newcastle...)

[ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNUD_tXxKAI ]

We turned 0-1 into 3-1 that day in case anyone was worrying.

Stood up on the Shelf gazing down on the pitch. It felt like home. It was love and, despite some wobbles in the relationship over the years, I still love Spurs. Think I'll have a little cry now.

:vdvcry:

Rofl "The lanky lad who Newcastle found in a sausage factory."

If I'm honest I haven't been to too many games mainly due to lack of funds. Even though my Dads a Spurs fan he's never actually taken me to a match at WHL he has taken me to see Leyton Orient probably because they're cheaper. He did take me to see Spurs vs St Albans (My home town) in a pre season friendly one year. I think we won 6-2 Ginola scored, well he probably did. Also one of my best mates and his brother did the half time entertainment of a judo display. That was my first Spurs Match anyway if it counts.

My first Match and only at WHL though came a bit later, which my step dad took me for my birthday it was against Everton we won 3-0 I think, Kanoute scored it may have been the 04/05 season. I've been to more away games oddly not many more though. I want to start going to more games but as always its comes down to cash, though I think I'm gonna make more of an effort to get to some games next season.

:hudd:

My first match was on 22 May 1982, the FA Cup Replay verses QPR and I was 6 years old. I was standing behind the goal when Hoddle slotted the penalty past Peter Hucker and we eventually won 1-0. I'll always remember that day as I'd never seen so many Tottenham fans in one place but strangely, because both teams played in an away strip which you don’t see to often. (I still have the yellow Le Coq Sportif jersey I wore that day.) Tottenham Til I Die!!

Spurs v Leeds 1968 i think it was, it was the game when this famous picture was taken of Dave Mackay squaring up to Billy bremner.

davemakay.jpg

Got this picture signed, need to get it framed.

April 1978, last day of the season & Spurs last ever game in Division 2

The Dell, Southampton. Saints had won the league & been promoted, we were 2nd & Brighton 3rd

We needed a point to go up but had we lost & Brighton won, they'd have gone up instead. Rumours persist that the match was "an agreement" between Saints & Spurs to make sure only 1 team on the South Coast was in Division 1 - Saints didn't want Brighton to draw floating fans away from them

Game ended 0-0 with 1 scare when Trevor Hebberd hit the post. At the final whistle an alleged 9000 Spurs tore down the brand new fence in the Archers Rd end & partied on the pitch. Majestic

That summer we spent £750,000 on 2 World Cup winners from Argentina - Ossie & Ricky

Spurs were back

Some cracking pics here

http://www.ohwhenthespurs.co.uk/#/soton-v-thfc/4542136173

13th January 1990. Tottenham 1-1 Man City. I remember it still, we were about 10 minutes late and I could hear crowd noises for the first time as we ran from WHL station into the ground. I remember thinking the pitch looked really small (from the East Stand Upper), being surprised that there were loads of MC fans around us, and also being convinced that Chris Hughton (wearing 6 and the captain's armband) was Gary Mabbutt.

Back
Top Bottom