Young Spurs Fans?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hi guys,

I'm a 19 year old spurs fan and I go to games with mates that are the same age. I was just wondering if there was some kind of meet for spurs fans of our age and an area with the 'youth' we normally go park lane but we were hoping to find more people to join us.

Thanks in advance,
Bainzey

I would if I could get tickets and they weren't too far - my Uni is already an hour from London. We go to home usually simply because Away games require more preparation to get tickets.

this is the tragedy of the modern game; 19-year-old supporters trying to find each other...

when i used to go regularly, the average age in the shelf was about 17! young fans would find each other there. having queued for over an hour and a half to get in through the boys entrance - for 90p!

good luck with your quest, bainzey.

football clubs - like the fucking banks - have forgotten that they have an important role in society - other than just ripping people off as much as possible, to maximise profits.

if you know your history, you'd know that spurs - like many other clubs - was set up to give local young men something to do; to give them a sense of pride, purpose and belonging... (rev. john ripsher RIP).

at the top of the fighting cock website is an advert for 'CALM' a charity supporting miserable young men. Why?

'cos the biggest fucking killer of young men is not knife crime, nor road accidents, it's suicide.

the modern game has a lot to answer for.

There's not really any meet up places for younger fans.

Football is so expensive these days, so not too many young adults can afford to go on a regular basis. However, I do get the feeling that the 1882 movement will attract a lot of younger supporters.

1882 is definitely a help. Actually managed to get to a couple of games with my mates this season, as opposed to sitting in the Paxton with a bunch of moaning old men. I agree one of the big reasons is cost, going to the chelsea game took over quarter of my monthly income (I only work part-time), going every week is not gonna happen for at least a few years. I hope when i can afford to its before i end up like the jaded guys i see at the lane every matchday.

I'm 16 and I totally agree missing Liverpool at home due to the price. Cheapest is £48 in the Paxton!!

Too old for him, he only wants the 16/17 year olds

Really?..

I asked the question because i've been going regularly for 4 years now (since ive been back in the UK) and noticed that i've never seen anyone my own age that goes without parents. Older people don't have an interest in meeting at the pub with the younger lot, so I was wondering where the hell the young lot hid.

I have tickets to Liverpool and to the 1882 game. In 2009 I went to so many more games. This season I didn't bother paying for my membership as I knew I couldn't afford to continue to go as often and it wasn't worth it to me. I remember paying £30 for a ticket in 09, my Liverpool ticket was £71 as I couldn't get a park lane ticket. Ridiculous. The club isn't accesible to people my age, there are no student discounts or youth discounts for over 16's and none of us are earning enough to feed our hobby. What the club needs to remember is that if they get us to go frequently now, in years to come, when we earn more and have stables finances (in theory) we will be able to contribute more to the club and be more attached to it. More fans = more money.. it's that simple. I believe we are a sort of 'lost' generation of Spurs fans as there seem to be so few of us.

Bainzey Bainzey My comment was first and foremost a running joke about Smoked Salmon Smoked Salmon grooming Kris Kris :avbshit:

From the crowd shots I see on the tellie here in norway you are 100% spot on, rarely see groups of the 17-24 age group going together and that is, as you say, due to price of tickets... :hudd:

i hope to be getting a chance to make a trip over there sometime in March (from Texas). Been saving up for a while now and i figure by then i should have enough. I really want a chance to go to one of the 1882 games and if the timing is right the Fulham match. Been pricing everything and it isn't going to be nice to my bank account.

I've been waiting for the dating section to start:

Male, 25 (looks 20), out of town accent, seeks male for pre-game alcohol and cigarettes maybe more ;)

Back
Top Bottom