Yanited vs Tottenham, Oct 28 2017

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I couldn’t quite tell who was at fault for that, the commentators seemed to think Jan! Thought Dier made some epic tackles earlier on in the game though. That one at the edge of the penalty area was a life-saver.
I didn’t think he had a bad game at all but he let Martial run off him, we’ve seen that with Dier before

If your not fucked off or upset by todays squeamish display and result then maybe Woolwich mania is your true home pal.
I’ve seen us lose around 300 games John. Away at Utd by a scrappy goal isn’t near the top. I actually expected us to lose today. Why? Because of Dr Tottenham, poor mentality, poor training, poor management, poor players? No, because most teams that go to Utd lose. You carry on though John. Youre such a great fan. Rip it out of the team youre such a fan of a bit more

It is the worst thing because we always fail when it matters most.

Whatever our progress we fall short when stakes are the highest.

Today was our day for a statement.

However solid we looked at times, however fluid, you don't lose if you want to show you can compete.

We lack something with or without Kane and Pochettino must work hard to find it, whether that be players or as I believe a stronger mentality which only comes from winning matches like these.

I don't recall you saying after the Liverpool game, "today was our day for a statement and we achieved that." Did you forget that one?

What was sad for me is that we didn't seem to have the ambition to want to win the game Aurier and sissoko particularly guilty of playing the ball at a walking pace (considering their speed) shame really.

I’ve seen us lose around 300 games John. Away at Utd by a scrappy goal isn’t near the top. I actually expected us to lose today. Why? Because of Dr Tottenham, poor mentality, poor training, poor management, poor players? No, because most teams that go to Utd lose. You carry on though John. Your such a great fan. Rip it out of the team your such a fan of a bit more

No one should be surprised we lost today, we always do in the big away games.

We did alright, difficult creating much and didn't quite have our attacking mojo today but against mourinho bus its tough.
Llorente was quite poor, nothing stuck, bad touches but why no crosses for him?
If Stoke or WBA had him there would be trillions of crosses getting pumped in the box. Difficult game really but no disgrace just shit happens like that sometimes.
Not gonna lose too much sleep over this, the midweek game was way more hurtful.
I just hope we can pick ourselves up now and get back to what we were before this week. I also look forward to Lamela's return, he can offer something different to what we currently have.
If you’re going to be reasonable on a day like today you have no place here. THE END IS NIGH, WE’RE JUST SHIT POCH IS JOSE’S BITCH NOTHING LEFT TO PLAY FOR, GOOD LUCK TAKING ON MADRID WITH SHIT. STOP BUILDING THE STADIUM WE’RE DOOMED

Without trying to antagonize any bugger in here, after today's game it does rather prove a point of why Walker wanted out. We just don't have that quality in depth to get a result away from home against the big six and at home against the teams that park the bus.

I am all for Poch playing and relying on youth, but there simply has to be an injection into the squad of an experienced player who can lead the line or even sit behind the striker and create something different to what we already have?

No great shame in losing to a team, who have yet to concede a goal at home in the PL, but lets be fair, we created little and were lucky several times in defence.

Poch needs to rethink the way he sets up to play away, and in particular against the better sides in the league.

I’ve seen us lose around 300 games John. Away at Utd by a scrappy goal isn’t near the top. I actually expected us to lose today. Why? Because of Dr Tottenham, poor mentality, poor training, poor management, poor players? No, because most teams that go to Utd lose. You carry on though John. Youre such a great fan. Rip it out of the team your such a fan of a bit more

Sorry but at the point of showing United and others that we have what it takes, you walk away with the point you arrived with as a bare minimum.

Sure it's just 3 points many will say but it is so much more.

We are tantalisingly close but that is sometimes no better than being miles away.

Mourinho knew how important the game was. Probably it was more important for United in many respects and they passed the test.

If your not fucked off or upset by todays squeamish display and result then maybe Woolwich mania is your true home pal.
"Squeamish"? Not remotely hyperbolic!

We pretty much matched them and the goal came from an error not reflected in the run of play. A draw would have been a fair result. Calling us squeamish flatters United.

You're not exactly doing yourself any favours in respect of your status as a negativity whore mate.

Sorry but at the point of showing United and others that we have what it takes, you walk away with the point you arrived with as a bare minimum.

Sure it's just 3 points many will say but it is so much more.

We are tantalisingly close but that is sometimes no better than being miles away.

Mourinho knew how important the game was. Probably it was more important for United in many respects and they passed the test.
OK son, if that’s how stuff works in Football Manager I guess you must be right.
I’ll try to get the message across to Poch. I’m sure it never occurred to him that we should probably not lose matches. He will have to do a new book now

I don't recall you saying after the Liverpool game, "today was our day for a statement and we achieved that." Did you forget that one?

Liverpool are not challenging us for the title. Liverpool are not the standard.

You parade like a peacock because we beat them if you like.

Had we drawn today there is no one who would have taken us lightly and in fact many would be im awe.

Losing after Wednesday sets us back and now we easily face having lost 3 games on the spin by Thursday.

People with all due respect do not get it. We need to be relentless.

Without trying to antagonize any bugger in here, after today's game it does rather prove a point of why Walker wanted out. We just don't have that quality in depth to get a result away from home against the big six and at home against the teams that park the bus.

I am all for Poch playing and relying on youth, but there simply has to be an injection into the squad of an experienced player who can lead the line or even sit behind the striker and create something different to what we already have?

No great shame in losing to a team, who have yet to concede a goal at home in the PL, but lets be fair, we created little and were lucky several times in defence.

Poch needs to rethink the way he sets up to play away, and in particular against the better sides in the league.
Maybe Walker shouldn’t have scored that own goal at the beginning of 2015/2016, would have helped

If we didn't give away a stupid own goal.
If Kane didn't turn the ball over on halfway.

Not interested in if's. 3 years of 1-0 at OT. I am sick of going to Stamford Bridge, Anfield and OT and often walking away with 0 points.
Sky said we have won once in 3 seasons away from home against the top 6.
Add to that no kane. Not sure why people are surprised we lost.
As long as we get top 4 this year then it will be a good year.
Best off just moving on quickly from this game & the hammers one. Nothing to see here. Move along.
Madrid to look forward to in no time.

Back
Top Bottom