Yanited vs Tottenham, Oct 28 2017

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dembele won't start, he looked off the pace yesterday. Needs another week of training and might be ready for Madrid. Winks will start.

Can't play more than once a week. So made sense him coming in yesterday to get a fitness run out if he's in contention for Madrid.

Trippier playing in the week should guarantee Aurier a start at right wing back. Davies back in at left wing back with Vertonghen and Sanchez coming back in.

So much better than your miserable sarcastic 0730 post- well done.
No, really - I much prefer the positive Totti, the one that contributes a footballing opinion - adds to the forum rather than detracts from it.

I expect a tight game. But I also expect Poch to be galvanizing the team to go in for the kill after last night.

If we were unmotivated last night we will be super motivated on Saturday. But I expect a tight game since if it is one thing Mourinho knows it is how to set up a defense

12.30 kick off is good for us. I've never seen stats to back it up but my feeling has always been that early kick offs take away some of the home advantage and late ones add to it.

I'm absolutely convinced we're going to win this game. I'm going for 1-3

12.30 kick off is good for us. I've never seen stats to back it up but my feeling has always been that early kick offs take away some of the home advantage and late ones add to it.

I'm absolutely convinced we're going to win this game. I'm going for 1-3

Agree completely! Can't remember the last time we lost an early kick off! Liverpool at home last season we were outplayed and still came away with a point!

Agree completely! Can't remember the last time we lost an early kick off! Liverpool at home last season we were outplayed and still came away with a point!

We've had two early kick offs against United the past two seasons and lost them both.

Granted, last season was a 2:15pm kick off.

I think we will play well in this, we will want to hurt someone after last night.

I'm not convinced we will be up against the bus park though, I have a sneaky feeling Maureen is going to throw a curveball.

I think we will play well in this, we will want to hurt someone after last night.

I'm not convinced we will be up against the bus park though, I have a sneaky feeling Maureen is going to throw a curveball.
I think the curveball is with us. How do you think we will play? Counter or possession? We have more strings to our bow, all the head scratching I think is being done by Maureen. But if I were a betting man he will sit deep and play a low block defence just has he does for 95% of his big games.

I think the curveball is with us. How do you think we will play? Counter or possession? We have more strings to our bow, all the head scratching I think is being done by Maureen. But if I were a betting man he will sit deep and play a low block defence just has he does for 95% of his big games.

Honestly, I have no idea. Lately Pochettino has been difficult to predict!
As I said I think we will play well, and like you say we do have the flexibility to change things even mid games so I think we can counteract however they lineup.
Was just thinking they can't really afford another boring draw or loss especially at home this time, and to lose ground on City to 7 or 8 points would be a sizable gap.
You are probably right though and it will be bus park all the way.

I would go with something like this, can't get formation thingy to work.

Lloris
Aurier, Toby, Davinson, Jan, Davies
Sissoko, Winks, Eriksen
Dele
Kane

Picked Winks for his quick passing, and Sissoko because of his powerful running up and down.
In the event we can break on them his pace would be good. Could perhaps play Son over Dele for this reason and perhaps Pochettino will want Dele for the Madrid game.

I know it's early days still, but if we lose and city win, 8 points seems impossible to catch up.

I think this is a must win.

8 points sounds like a lot, but there would still be an additional 84 on the table.

Let's be realistic, they have had a good run in the PL this year but they will slip up at times, it happens to everyone.

I think the players will be way up for this one. Now are we going to use the formation from Liverpool and Real or will we sacrifice a striker for an extra midfielder?

Lloris
Aurier Toby Sanchez Vert Davies
Winks Dele
Eriksen
Kane Llorente

I think with the way Utd play we wouldn’t be able to get the use out of Sons speed on the counter.

Or with extra midfielder

Lloris
Toby Sanchez Vert
Aurier Dier Winks Davies
Dele Eriksen
Kane

0-2 either way with Kane x2

8 points sounds like a lot, but there would still be an additional 84 on the table.

Let's be realistic, they have had a good run in the PL this year but they will slip up at times, it happens to everyone.
I'm also interested in seeing how they perform at the weekend after playing an almost full-strength team for 120 minutes midweek.

Back
Top Bottom