WTF is going wrong

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As the title suggests

• Under-invested mess of a squad

Votes: 100 49.8%
  • Over-the-hill mess of a manager

Votes: 12 6.0%
  • Both of the above

Votes: 60 29.9%
  • I prefer to stick my head in the sand and pretend everythings sweet

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • We have the right board and the right manager, but teams lose games sometimes

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • Liver metatastis frequency

Votes: 7 3.5%

• Total voters
I think that peak poch period will be appreciated much more in years to come when we still haven't reached those heights again. Based on what we spend, we are where we should be now in the league.
Actually looking at the injury ravaged deflated carcass of a squad Poch left us with, I’d say we are punching above our weight.

Norwich play better football than us and Poch was taking us into the championship.
Thank god Jose took this rabble around the periphery of top 4

I think that peak poch period will be appreciated much more in years to come when we still haven't reached those heights again. Based on what we spend, we are where we should be now in the league.

Exactly. People saw the Poch years as just a step in the right direction and the real business could begin after he left. This was clearly not the case, and it’s funny that people even thought that. We are not a natural top 2 or even 4 side. Many of us said ‘enjoy the ride’ regardless of trophies. Well I did, and now we’re praying we can beat Norwich so we can qualify for the Europa.

A cheap owner who decided to scapegoat Poch and bring in another manager because it's a lot cheaper to replace a manager than buying a new DM, CF, LB, and RB.

Incompetent scouts who didn't notice our record signing has the fitness of a sunday league player.

A cheap owner who decided to scapegoat Poch and bring in another manager because it's a lot cheaper to replace a manager than buying a new DM, CF, LB, and RB.

Incompetent scouts who didn't notice our record signing has the fitness of a sunday league player.

Spot on.

I was so fucked off with losing I was convinced Poch had to go, and probably just about still stand behind that, but would things be any worse today if he had stayed ? Difficult to say.

Wage bill and squad investment wise we are pretty much where we should be. I'd call all this reverting to the norm, after a few years punching above our weight with Poch getting the best out of a group of good but not World Class players, and Kane exploding at the same time. Just a big shame we didn't win the league when we had the chance, or ride the wave a bit longer with a couple of marquee signings long before summer 2019.
Why were we punching ABOVE our weight? We once won the double and finally we were back to being a top 2/3/4 club. We had the best defence in the league, and that's where we now lack. It may be boring but all good teams are based on giving fewest goals away. We seriously need to get defenders who can do this again. We have loads of Cms and we can score goals, although another CF is essential.
I have watched Spurs for 60 years and want us to be winners again, not settle for mediocrity.

Actually looking at the injury ravaged deflated carcass of a squad Poch left us with, I’d say we are punching above our weight.
How can you possibly blame Poch for an injury ravaged deflated carcass of a squad when, despite him being on his knees and publicly begging, Levy didn't invest in a single squad addition for a year and a half.

Stockholm Syndrome prevails

John Thomas John Thomas could you guess who voted for option 4

10 points.
I believe we’ve got the right board and the right manager. What else is there to vote for? Option four could have been:
Teams lose games sometimes.
We have major players out injured.
Our new manager is still trying to cone up with a winning line up and tactic.
Our players seem unfit.
Etc.

But no, we get yet another thread and poll from an attention seeking fucknut that is undermining everything he posts with this pish. And you just wander in and wallop your tongue up his chutney. Congratulations for rimming a guy who’s taking joy from us losing so he can be a big boy on the Internet.

How can you possibly blame Poch for an injury ravaged deflated carcass of a squad when, despite him being on his knees and publicly begging, Levy didn't invest in a single squad addition for a year and a half.

Stockholm Syndrome prevails
Because he played Kane instead of subbing him off in dead games and we had 34M of back up strikers playing PS2 while Harry was allowed to run himself ragged at 4-0 up for a golden boot

You applauded it

I believe we’ve got the right board and the right manager. What else is there to vote for? Option four could have been:
Teams lose games sometimes.
We have major players out injured.
Our new manager is still trying to cone up with a winning line up and tactic.
Our players seem unfit.
Etc.

But no, we get yet another thread and poll from an attention seeking fucknut that is undermining everything he posts with this pish. And you just wander in and wallop your tongue up his chutney. Congratulations for rimming a guy who’s taking joy from us losing so he can be a big boy on the Internet.
You need to fucking chill this is a banter thread ffs.

How long have you been posting in this forum?

Exactly. People saw the Poch years as just a step in the right direction and the real business could begin after he left. This was clearly not the case, and it’s funny that people even thought that. We are not a natural top 2 or even 4 side. Many of us said ‘enjoy the ride’ regardless of trophies. Well I did, and now we’re praying we can beat Norwich so we can qualify for the Europa.
Great way of describing it. Its as though they thought we will just keep getting better. Football changes quickly & you have to strike whilst the iron is hot, Just like liverpool are doing now. Who knows what's going to happen in 5 years time & how good your rivals will be? Liverpool could be happy with top 3/4 in 5 years.

Back
Top Bottom