[WSL] BBC's coverage of Summanen red card

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

TottsAmazeballs

Supporter
Wanker Tenant

WTAF.

I'm starting to buy into this conspiracy theory. That's a red card for Manure all day long. She lost control and lashed out! It even started with her fouling our player! I'm fucking fuming!

You see players clutching their faces like they've had acid thrown in it in EVERY FUCKING GAME nowadays. And she gets a 2-match ban for it? That's not 'setting an example' that's giving the Manks a free shot at one of our players.

Am I missing something? Did they set out new legislation about this? Why isn't everyone else following it? Is it just the WSL?

WTAF.

I'm starting to buy into this conspiracy theory. That's a red card for Manure all day long. She lost control and lashed out! It even started with her fouling our player! I'm fucking fuming!

You see players clutching their faces like they've had acid thrown in it in EVERY FUCKING GAME nowadays. And she gets a 2-match ban for it? That's not 'setting an example' that's giving the Manks a free shot at one of our players.

Am I missing something? Did they set out new legislation about this? Why isn't everyone else following it? Is it just the WSL?
Oh my God!

I was at the game. The foul happened immediately below where I was sitting. Having fouled our player, the Manc pushed her violently by the shoulders, with both hands (she was laying flat on her back at the time). The Manc girl had clearly lost it and only just stopped herself from going further.

The red card was 100% deserved and our girl did nothing to provoke it.

Corruption, clear & obvious.

WTAF.

Yeah I do agree, I mean the Man Utd player is in the wrong and for the ban to get over turned completely is ridiculous.

I know it's the mens team, but how can Marcel Sabitzer get away with almost breaking a Leicester players leg and yet something like this gets over turned?

Fucking Man Utd.

Oh my God!

I was at the game. The foul happened immediately below where I was sitting. Having fouled our player, the Manc pushed her violently by the shoulders, with both hands (she was laying flat on her back at the time). The Manc girl had clearly lost it and only just stopped herself from going further.

The red card was 100% deserved and our girl did nothing to provoke it.

Corruption, clear & obvious.

There's a vid embedded in the BBC article.......

All the pundits agree that it was right to card the Man U player who clearly lost it and and started throwing limbs...... What the Spurs lass does afterwards is it's own seperate matter.

WTAF.

Yep never heard of that before. Really odd

Yep never heard of that before. Really odd

I have, but it's just another one of these paper laws that they announce one summer but then never enforce.........

Retro red and a 2 match ban doesn't really stack up though when you consider a ref will only give a yellow for simulation if they catch you in-game (in theory at least. Again, you rarely see 'em given.....).

weird as simulation in a game in a yellow. Don't understand why it's a red introspectively. Sure they can rescind a red, but why punish our player? The Manc lass wasn't innocent, she fouled and raised two hands, regardless of our player's reaction. The letter of the law says this is a red anyway.

I hope we can and do appeal.

Didn't her right hand go near her face? Don't remember any male footballer having this done to them?
She wasn't struck in the face, but she DID have the back of her head banged onto the turf, which COULD cause you to put your hands to your face.
I think it's a disgrace that she's been punished and the aggressor has got away with it. What message is this sending out to all the young female footballers who were at the stadium?

She wasn't struck in the face, but she DID have the back of her head banged onto the turf, which COULD cause you to put your hands to your face.
I think it's a disgrace that she's been punished and the aggressor has got away with it. What message is this sending out to all the young female footballers who were at the stadium?
The message?

Play for Man Utd, you can do whatever you want and get away with it.

THIS.

There's absolutely zero justification for rescinding the Man U lass's red.

It appears that she was pushed on the chest and clutches her face.

It was definitely not her face, I'm not complaining about that. She was fouled after the ball had gone, having her knee compressed awkwardly, was then further attacked by the other player (due to the tangle of legs, which our player didn't pull out of quickly enough for her aggressor), and was pushed forcefully with anger and intent into the floor. Maybe it's not a red, but she was CLEARLY attacking her and had already fouled her.

Clearly Toone has some psychological problems and is taking them out on strangers. So what does the FA do? Bans her victim. Useless Bunch of Fucking Twats.

It was definitely not her face, I'm not complaining about that. She was fouled after the ball had gone, having her knee compressed awkwardly, was then further attacked by the other player (due to the tangle of legs, which our player didn't pull out of quickly enough for her aggressor), and was pushed forcefully with anger and intent into the floor. Maybe it's not a red, but she was CLEARLY attacking her and had already fouled her.

Clearly Toone has some psychological problems and is taking them out on strangers. So what does the FA do? Bans her victim. Useless Bunch of Fucking Twats.
To be fair I think it's a red.

The law says you can't raise your hands to an opponent, even if you fail to make contact.
It's the intent that matters.

Maybe the best outcome would have been;

Straight red for violent conduct and retrospective action for fooling the ref.
🤷

You've nailed it.

Back
Top Bottom