Would you still sign Berahino?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What would you pay for Saido (if anything)?

• Total voters
Given he was our managers first choice (within levys parameters) then if that is still the case Yes.

I would've thought the main reason he'd want to get away from WBA was to stop having to hear Tony Pulis mis-pronounce his first name in that annoying way he does!

No I wouldn't sign him because I have little use for a footballer in my day to day life.
d9fa2f72b7c3e8e59fc2a548c8257b92.gif

[QUOTE="Macch, post: 933884, member: 5237"
SB has a ton of baggage at this point[/QUOTE]
A trip to Heathrow would sort that I'm sure

I'm sorry :pochbye:

Normally I would say Poch shouldn't take him, given Berahino's stroppiness at WBA.
But if I had sergeant major Pulis barking orders at me all day, I might hit Burger King too.
It could still work given he is young and a natural talent. He might respond well to a hug from Poch.

Yes. Wanted him a couple of years ago and feel he's a real talent . With the correct nurturing and the right attitude he could be an excellent player. Poch and Tottenham would give him the best opportunity, its whether he takes it?

In my opinion, the asking price in the summer was just a tad too much and I found his attitude and lack of profressionalism a bit worrisome.

With that said, would he mind playing back-up striker to Kane? I'm not convinced he'd like that so much, especially given his attitude towards Pulis as of late. I do think he'd mesh well with the rest of the team and he certainly has the talent and ability we're looking for.

All in all, given his age and ability, I think if we could get him for relatively cheap and if didnt mind playing back-up to Kane, then I'd say go for it.

I think we have enough centre mids as it is, personally. Bentaleb and Mason already have a fight on their hands to get back in the starting XI, as well as Carroll now pushing for a spot.

I don't see Southampton doing business with us personally. Even less likely than West Brom!!

Carroll should really only be considered as cover for the no. 10 / Eriksen role imo.

Bentaleb and Mason both seem to struggle to make an impact from the bench, neither seems to be in favour. Bentaleb in particular.

He was refused a move, simple as that. Imagine being stuck in a job you weren't enjoying when you could have potentially moved to a better looking job in the summer, earned a lot more money and had a lot more success? and was then told you simply ain't moving and are going to stay somewhere you don't want to be?

As far as I am aware, he hasn't come out and refused to play? Correct me if I am wrong though. He has still made himself available, going by his twitter and other social media he is still working very hard and keeping himself fit so if we do end up signing him he won't be out of shape of unfit and he should be ready to slot right in.

I don't think he's a bad egg. I think it's all a myth the whole "bad attitude" thing - sure what he said on twitter was perhaps unprofessional but I don't think he has a bad attitude. It's not got to the stage where Pulis has headbutted him whilst naked in the showers.

I think he'd be a welcome signing. He is quick, a very good finisher, can play up top on his own and can also play outwide. Also knows players at the club from playing in the U21s so would be a welcome fit in my opinion.
Schneiderlin did the same didn't he, yet everyone still wanted him. Wanayama even did the same.

Why have they kept him if they don't play him? They signed more forwards in the window and didn't let him go. Yet they don't pick him?
Who knows how he is. I'm sure Harry Kane knows a bit about him don't you?
Pulls is a cunt. Making remarks like he's lucky to be in the squad and then playing them down when asked.
Implying he's not a team person in the same breath.
Why not get rid if he's that much of a bad influence or is it just Pulis is a wanker and is purposefully digging him out?
Myself, whoever we get we get. I ain't bothered. In Poch/Mitch/ MacKenzie I trust

Last edited:
Nampalys Mendy, who Ranieri wanted, as DM, CM and couldn't get was deemed a better option than Kante.
They only bought Kante as Ranieri couldn't get him.

Back
Top Bottom