Would you start Donley & Dorrington in the FA cup?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Start Donley & Dorrington in the 3rd round?

• Total voters

BernardMatthews

“Wildly offensive and ill informed”
Home match. Burnley are a lesser Premier league team who are guaranteed to rotate after the Christmas schedule.

Is there a better chance to start both of these youngsters?
In light of the madison news I wouldn’t be too surprised if Donley has already picked up quite a few minutes over the next month by the time this fixture comes about. Lo Celso can’t handle this months fixtures by himself. He will get injured if we try to play too much.

Personally think if there’s a match to do it I think this will be the one.
Especially in regards to our seemingly never ending injury concerns and needing to keep a fit squad for the league with players off to AFCON.

No European football and no Carling cup. Even with our injuries, we should be going all out for this competition. Let’s try and win something eh!

No.

I'd hope Dorrington is sent out on loan by the time the FA Cup comes around. Give Donley 30 minutes at the end.

This isn't a small cup, it isn't a mid week game. It replaces a league weekend and it's against a Prem team. Full strength.

Neither of them are ready for this level yet, let’s not rush things. People are far too keen to throw Academy players into the first team as starters, the successes are usually exceptional relative to the failures.

Depends on how they're faring in training against senior players. If Donley is able to hold his own in training games, isn't getting muscled about etc, don't have an issue with him starting in an otherwise strong side vs Burnley. Playing a front 6 of Skipp, Hojbjerg, Donley, Gil, Richarlison, Johnson isn't the way, give him a chance when he's out there with 8/9 starters.

I would start Dorrington against West Ham, if he does well then start him in the FA cup, I would keep GLC in the side for time being.

Fuck me. Our injury front reminds me of when we went to Old Trafford with Neil Fenn and Rory Allen up front.

Funnily enough, we lost.

Good day out though. Incredible backing.

But no.

Noooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No Way Do Not Want GIF

Ease in gradually. Don’t care if fa cup or league. If we go 3/4 up and cruising in any game with 20 or so to go would be good to get them minutes along a first eleven. Although will be hard to keep fringe players like Skipp and Royal happy

I just want to see new and interesting things. Giving the youth players a chance is new and interesting to me.

I didn't realize that Romero was back from suspension that's why initially suggested Dorrigton. We need to put out a full strength side, start with Lo Celso, if he isn't doing it, then bring on Donley.

I didn't realize that Romero was back from suspension that's why initially suggested Dorrigton. We need to put out a full strength side, start with Lo Celso, if he isn't doing it, then bring on Donley.

Did you think he was suspended for 2 months or something?

Back
Top Bottom