Would you like the Saudis to buy us instead of Geordies?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Honestly I'm getting past caring these days.

Football is just about the money period, Eriksen's about to prove that, to go and collect a phat wage by taking an arguably backwards step in footballing terms to an inferior league.

Then we get this winter break, so that the snow flakes can have a couple of weeks off. Of course no mention of the elephant in the room which is all these money spinning pre-season tournaments that clubs will still continue to enter - Its not just pre-season now either is it? there is now usually an end of season tour included as well.

While they all collect their ludicrous wages and the likes of Klopp disrespects the oldest cup tournament in the world.

And don't even get me started on VAR.

Then there is paying £30-40 million for some no mark 20 year old that nobody has heard of outside of football manager.

Then you've got lower league teams with more sponsors names on their shirt than a formula one driver, just trying to eke it out and survive.

Sick of all of it to be honest. I'm not religious but its like the last decadent days of Sodom and Gomorrah

I wish all the money fell out of it and we could go back to how it was.
Can I ask a genuine question...I know what was going on in Sodom. But what was the deal in Gomorrah? I mean as it alway get's lumped in it must be, you know in that arena right? Right?

Get the fucking Saudis in. I’m up for that.

we are well on our way to becoming an Islamic country as it is. We might aswell bag a few trophies along the way

No

Success is earned, not bought. I’d rather win nothing trying the right way than win everything tainted with filthy oil money, attracting plastic fans in the process.

Joe Lewis does not need the money and what would he do with it if he sold? Levy despite what some think is a supporter and why would he want to leave? If he fell out of love for the game, became tired and no longer could go to games etc. I cannot see any signs of that at present and until he becomes a rare spectator at matches cannot see the club being sold. Unless the present owners want to sell, there is no possibility of someone buying.

Is there a middle ground where you don't get too greedy and entitled but also think you are in a position to snap up a 50 million pound (I can't believe I am writing this) without having to sell some of the family jewels?

Bring in a wage cap I say.

A bigger question is;

If the Saudis did buy us how many would stop supporting Spurs ?

I think I would still be Spurs, though not without misgivings.

I don't think it's possible to stop supporting a club - for that, there's too many memories associated with it. It's become part of your identity.

You might stop going to matches, not be as involved on the forum or something, but you'll always be looking out for the results and wanting to know roughly what's going on at the club.

Not sure why they're suddenly so interested in football. They come from a desolate, barren place - lifeless for the most part, and probably nauseatingly dull. I suppose there's not much to do in that part of the world.

Saudi isn't all that great either.

:sonpoint:

IIRC correctly quite a few on here would have huge problems being owned by a country with really shit human rights records.

So that rules out the Russians too, and the Chinese. American foreign policy can be quite oppressive so let's count them out. Israel would be crossed off the list too along with the most of the Middle-East. Anyone know of any Latvians with a bit of money?

So that rules out the Russians too, and the Chinese. American foreign policy can be quite oppressive so let's count them out. Israel would be crossed off the list too along with the most of the Middle-East. Anyone know of any Latvians with a bit of money?
The British aren't great either so let's count them out as well.

Gotta love how woke everyone gets when it comes to talking about Saudis buying us but when it comes to grooming gangs and what not they're always very quiet.

I doubt they will buy Newcastle. Ashley seems to pull out of sales of the club a few times each year. I’m not sure he really wants to sell.

I don’t think them buying a club in England will make a difference anyway what with FFP and FIFA trying to crack down on the dodgy accounting that seems to go on. A new Uber rich player in the game would be cracked down on straight away.

Back
Top Bottom