Would you like the Saudis to buy us instead of Geordies?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rare interview with our chairman, from 2010ish... Listen to the his answer about selling our club...

Levy’s never made a secret about us being available to buy. We turn up in huge numbers, spend thousands every match day on food and drink, pay the highest ticket prices, and they get away with spending fuck all. We’re a meal ticket waiting for a bigger company to give ENIC a huge pay off to suck the money out of us fans.

Honestly I'm getting past caring these days.

Football is just about the money period, Eriksen's about to prove that, to go and collect a phat wage by taking an arguably backwards step in footballing terms to an inferior league.

Then we get this winter break, so that the snow flakes can have a couple of weeks off. Of course no mention of the elephant in the room which is all these money spinning pre-season tournaments that clubs will still continue to enter - Its not just pre-season now either is it? there is now usually an end of season tour included as well.

While they all collect their ludicrous wages and the likes of Klopp disrespects the oldest cup tournament in the world.

And don't even get me started on VAR.

Then there is paying £30-40 million for some no mark 20 year old that nobody has heard of outside of football manager.

Then you've got lower league teams with more sponsors names on their shirt than a formula one driver, just trying to eke it out and survive.

Sick of all of it to be honest. I'm not religious but its like the last decadent days of Sodom and Gomorrah

I wish all the money fell out of it and we could go back to how it was.

:dierpochhug:

Fuck being owned by the Saudis, I'd rather relegation. I'm not jealous of Chelsea's blood money trophies, nor City's. Liverpool's success is much harder to take because it's much more genuine.

If anything, it'll be hilarious to see just how ridiculously Newcastle will have to overspend. If the takeover were complete and the new consortium wanted to spend big to really win...they'd be in on the same players as City, United, Chelsea, PSG, Barca, and Madrid. How much more money would it take to sell a player on years spent in Newcastle as opposed to the other destinations? 20%? 40%? The spend would have to be so ridiculous that UEFA would have to admit FFP is a fraud. Even then I highly doubt they'll manage more than Europa places, honestly. Saudis are way late to the party.

when sheikh laundermoney gets bored what happens then?

I mean, for real? Like City, Chelsea and PSG aren't insanely better off?

I understand the hesitation to get into bed with an unsavory entity (though, Joe Lewis ain't all hugs and rainbows y'know) but I think the moral purity crusade about money per se coming from Spurs fans is utterly deranged. It's just yet another front in the teeny-bopper Levy worship.

We are the very essence of the filthy money-grubbing game that is modern football, our oligarch just steals a bit more of it for himself than Abramovich or Mansour.

I mean, for real? Like City, Chelsea and PSG aren't insanely better off?

I understand the hesitation to get into bed with an unsavory entity (though, Joe Lewis ain't all hugs and rainbows y'know) but I think the moral purity crusade about money per se coming from Spurs fans is utterly deranged. It's just yet another front in the teeny-bopper Levy worship.

We are the very essence of the filthy money-grubbing game that is modern football, our oligarch just steals a bit more of it for himself than Abramovich or Mansour.

City were good but half empty stadiums show that gloss has worn thin ... Chelsea are bankrupt without Abro ... PSG are a joke club, how can you spend so much and still do so badly? Would I swap with those cunts? Not a prayer .......

We are the very essence of the filthy money-grubbing game that is modern football, our oligarch just steals a bit more of it for himself than Abramovich or Mansour

Or you are just a clueless twat with an anti Spurs agenda ... think everyone on here sussed you out long ago, now troll off somewhere else there's a good little boy.

Levy’s never made a secret about us being available to buy. We turn up in huge numbers, spend thousands every match day on food and drink, pay the highest ticket prices, and they get away with spending fuck all. We’re a meal ticket waiting for a bigger company to give ENIC a huge pay off to suck the money out of us fans.

Weve just spent 200m in 6 months you muppet

Should be banned from the site
Yep.

Unfortunately you've got his little gaggle of like-minded followers who give his every post a pos-rep. Every bit as racist as him.

They'll scream bloody murder if someone says gammon, but call someone a ''black cunt'' and they'll funny the life out of it.

Racism is widely accepted, nay encouraged, on this forum. Yet, you'll see Sammy get binned over and over for strictly talking football.

Yep.

Unfortunately you've got his little gaggle of like-minded followers who give his every post a pos-rep. Every bit as racist as him.

They'll scream bloody murder if someone says gammon, but call someone a ''black cunt'' and they'll funny the life out of it.

Racism is widely accepted, nay encouraged, on this forum. Yet, you'll see Sammy get binned over and over for strictly talking football.
I'll bear this in mind.

Even with Levy aka Joe Lewis aka Scrooge McDuck, even a blind man can see how far this club has come under their ownership, it probably doesn’t seem like it if you just listen to the cunts in the media, but just stop for a second and contemplate it the next time you go to a game.
Sure we are stuttering on the field a little at the minute but that will come full circle and a new team and a new hope will soon be born.

However, every McDuck has its day, and at some point we the fans will ask, not because we feel entitled to win every trophy in football (hopefully that happens first) but more a case of why are we paying so much more than 95% of all other football clubs in the entire world to follow our team, with little to celebrate? Thats when the majority will turn on this current ownership, and I predict Levy & Co have about 3 more years to get this balance right...

If we ever do sell, it has to be to genuine financial titans.

I don't think ENIC/Levy will ever see us become genuine top tier challengers, but they also won't allow us to drop below top 6 either.

The next level is a purchase by someone unimaginably rich who, like PSG and Man City, don't give a single fuckety fuck about FFP.

Back
Top Bottom