Would you like Malky Mackay as manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He said he wouldnt be an assistant to the manager, wasnt clear if he would be prepared to go back to the day job or if its "manager or bust"
Would be an odd decision if he didn't take his old job back, but then again his recent statements seem to suggest he has a bit of an ego and feels he is ready for more than youth management?

I genuinely cannot see him getting the job. It wouldnt surprise me if he left after that.

He has turned down opportunities before, so perhaps he feels he will get a shot with us - if he doesnt then what is left for him?

Think the comparisons between Sherwood and Mackay are unfair - on the Cardiff manager. To say they are the same in terms of lack of experience, is preposterous. Mackay has half a season at prem level and 3 or so seasons at championship not to mention assistant roles prior to that.

Whilst I agree with the sentiments of those who feel he's not 'big' enough for us, the fact is there is lack of available alternatives.

De boer is unproven in the prem and appears not interested. Klinsmann, Hiddink & Capello (aside from any other reasoning) are out due to WC commitments.

Pochettino and Laudrup are just asunproven and have question marks over their own qualities.

Therefore, by process of elimination I wouldn't be against Malky. He strikes me of having tr balance of man motivator and tactician. He's had experience dominating teams when Cardiff went up. And he seems a nice bloke so ought to buy a few weeks with the media.

No idea. I'm so fed up of the manager merry-go-round. It's Levy and Lewis' fucking problem. They keep sacking managers so it's their mess to sort out. They obviously think that 5th, 5th, Cup, blip, 4th, 5th, 4th, 5th is rubbish for a club used to being CL and EPL winning regulars... (nahhhhht). Tossers. I wouldn't have sacked Jol, Redknapp or AVB.

That's an interesting point. Will Tim step back down as youth coach or is it manager or nothing now?

As @ Lister Lister said, he didn't really make it clear, which I'm sure was intentional. However, if we pull in an option like Mackay I'm quite certain he'd be gone as that's a serious vote of no confidence.

I don't know if he's willing to come on a trial basis, but if he's willing to do a short-term/rolling contract, we could certainly do worse. Seems along the mold of these new-ish progressive types England produces these days (Rodgers/ Lambert/ Adkins etc versus Bruce/ Allardyce/ Pardew etc). The main strike against him is his spotty transfer record (Cardiff spent 36m over the summer, but then again they had a championship squad), but *if* he's willing to work with Baldini/our shadowy council, maybe that won't be a problem. Keep in mind he's had to work with some Uzbeki intern for the last few months, so Baldini and our scouts can't come across that badly. :cautious:

My other main concern is that he has no experience trying to break down PL-level teams since no one would ever park the bus against Cardiff in this league, but then again Sherwood has no experience with that either, and Mackay at least is rumored to be a really good man manager and did just win a title with Cardiff and all.

AND, he's been working with a meddling chairman so insane that he drops in their dressing room at HT to rant at them, so Levy will look almost nice in comparison :sneaky:

Back
Top Bottom