Would you like Malky Mackay as manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Assuming he does get the boot that is.

He won the Championship which proves he knows how to win, he seems like a nice guy and seems to be handling working under a complete moron quite well, which could be useful... :levyeyes:

He also has Premier League experience, I'm sure would love the opportunity and we could do with his man managing skills.

It seems that a lot of people are willing to give Sherwood a chance, surely Mackay would be a step up from him, considering he has bags of experience in comparison. Couldn't see Levy going for him though

It would appear he doesn't like Chairmen who interfere in the running of the club ...

Does he have a DOF to answer to as well ...

He'd probably be a good enough choice, but he'll be getting his compo in a couple of years max, if he signs on the line ...

We can surely do better than Malky Mackay, but if we can't lure a top manager until the summer he could be a better option than Sherwood; at the moment it doesn't look like there are too many experienced managers that we could hire for the job so i guess he'd be better than nothing.

watching the liverpool game and getting angry at our fans. Most of us didn't give AVB a chance. The fat guy who sits in front of me sums it up; I have never him chant once and he just shouts all game. Leaves at 80 mins as well. Rodgers was fully supported last season by liverpool fans. There was none of this pathetic moaning when anything goes wrong. I agree with Flav the players are too thick to understand anything apart from 'run about a bit'. So do our fans as well. SOrry about the rant but I disillusioned right now... and not about how fucking well the team is doing in the league:avbshock:

EDIT; My point in relation to Malky is our fans would not give him a chance.

Assuming he does get the boot that is.

He won the Championship which proves he knows how to win, he seems like a nice guy and seems to be handling working under a complete moron quite well, which could be useful... :levyeyes:

He also has Premier League experience, I'm sure would love the opportunity and we could do with his man managing skills.

I did actually think about this, but only because of the timing really. I wouldnt be totally against it, but at this stage, I would really, really, really, really like Hiddink

I dont honestly know much of him.

I couldnt tell you what style his teams play with, which is my biggest reservation.

It also seems that style must be one of the biggest factors with our new manager, given the outcry against AVBs "turgid/boring/make my eyes bleed" brand of football.

I dont honestly know much of him.

I couldnt tell you what style his teams play with, which is my biggest reservation.

It also seems that style must be one of the biggest factors with our new manager, given the outcry against AVBs "turgid/boring/make my eyes bleed" brand of football.
The point I have had to make in about 8 threads in the last week!!

Capello got about 40 votes in the new manager thread - madness!!! He's renowned for his successful but boring football!

In regards to Mackay, no. Has nowhere near enough experience, given we should be going for someone in a different mould to AVB as Levy clearly feels he was a mistake.

He has been given good press this season as he has managed to beat some top sides, but in general they have not done well, and are now only 4 points above the relegation zone having played a game more.

His brand of football is not pretty. I seem to recall a large % of their goals coming from set pieces. Maybe he could join our coaching team instead!? :avblol::walkercry:

Im interested in the right man, not necessarily the most extensive CV.

I think the lesson leanred over our last two managers is that man-management AND a tactical/technical system are required. Not either / or. I think one and not the other always gives you limitations.

I dont mind if he is young and relatively inexperienced, as long as he has the right strengths.

I do think good attacking play is essential. Not gung ho and carefree, but with a fluidity and clear intent to score.

I think if AVB were ever able to nail an attacking set up his midfield and defence would be lauded by Spurs fans, and yet now its called boring.

Not even sure if it'd be an upgrade over Sherwood, and it seems the latter would leave if he isn't selected so we'd be losing a very successful development coach for hardly any gain if at all.

Not even sure if it'd be an upgrade over Sherwood, and it seems the latter would leave if he isn't selected so we'd be losing a very successful development coach for hardly any gain if at all.
That's an interesting point. Will Tim step back down as youth coach or is it manager or nothing now?

He said he wouldnt be an assistant to the manager, wasnt clear if he would be prepared to go back to the day job or if its "manager or bust"

Back
Top Bottom