Would you change anything about how the forum is run?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hey man don't vex Admin Admin , he's not in this for the money.
im_just_saying.jpg

Dude chill. It is an internet forum. No one forces anyone to use it.

I suppose when you're told 'football is just a game' you nod your head and calm down do you? Fuck me anyone would think the thread title had no relevance to what I'm asking for, a fix to a system that doesn't quite work.

I suppose when you're told 'football is just a game' you nod your head and calm down do you? Fuck me anyone would think the thread title had no relevance to what I'm asking for, a fix to a system that doesn't quite work.
ive had gibbo and mick cooper on ignore for months and i never see or hear shit from them.

People are getting blown up daily and you're sitting there moaning about a disagree on a tottenham forum. Get some perspective dude.

A
Arseface used to have a poster disgaree with him every post recently!

Yes thats the one: Not the best of advice to give people who you do not know that may be vulnerable.
Just for the record - I have since PM-ed him and apologised for that .gif - it was out of line in a thread of little thought. He's better now and taken a holiday of sorts, it seems.

I'm still not entirely sure I know what the issue is. If you have someone on ignore, you don't get notifications if they leave rep on your posts, do you? I genuinely don't know.

I can't stop someone leaving rep if you have them on ignore. Your settings can't effect how the forum works for someone else.

So is the problem that you can still see their name when you click on the 'LIST' link next to the rep rating? I'm not sure I can do much about that. Not very easily anyway, would require changes to the core software.

I'm still not entirely sure I know what the issue is. If you have someone on ignore, you don't get notifications if they leave rep on your posts, do you? I genuinely don't know.
No, that doesn't happen. You only see the ignored member when someone quotes their posts. Don't know about the last bit, surely it's not that relevant?

I can't stop someone leaving rep if you have them on ignore. Your settings can't effect how the forum works for someone else.

So is the problem that you can still see their name when you click on the 'LIST' link next to the rep rating? I'm not sure I can do much about that. Not very easily anyway, would require changes to the core software.

The only issue is I can see the rep, he can leave the rep for everyone else to see, that's fine but why should I be able to see it if I have him on ignore? much like he can quote me and everyone else can see his reply but I can't, same principle is all I'm asking for. If it can't be done then ok, thanks for following up.

The only issue is I can see the rep, he can leave the rep for everyone else to see, that's fine but why should I be able to see it if I have him on ignore? much like he can quote me and everyone else can see his reply but I can't, same principle is all I'm asking for. If it can't be done then ok, thanks for following up.
Can you see it when you click on 'list' or where? I'm not digging, just interested. I agree it's not perfect.

Yes I can.
Well the easy way to do it would be to retire the X button, and if someone wants to disagree then let them say why in a post. That way you wouldn't see anything if you have someone on ignore. The disagree X is abused anyway IMO, and it's not negative rep as Admin Admin says, so why have it? Just my two penn'orth.

Well the easy way to do it would be to retire the X button, and if someone wants to disagree then let them say why in a post. That way you wouldn't see anything if you have someone on ignore. The disagree X is abused anyway IMO, and it's not negative rep as Admin Admin says, so why have it? Just my two penn'orth.

he'd just agree with all my posts then just to continue being a cunt

This does make some sense (though I agree with zin zin it may not solve his particular problem), if you genuinely disagree with a post then quote it and explain why... The 'agree' rep serves more of a purpose otherwise people would just be repeating each other or posting '^agree'...

Back
Top Bottom