Would you change anything about how the forum is run?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would love to run an experiment for a month or so, where you can't see who posted something, and just have to reply judging on the content. Would be interesting to see if the Cunt Offs reduced, and yet threads still made sense.

Although what would probably happen, would be people would end up disagreeing with something the posted 2 hours earlier and end up getting in an argument with themselves.

Fuck you.

Has it started yet?:levyeyes:

Sorry Admin Admin , but i have to say. …

I’ve been staying away from here for the last couple of weeks, as I needed a reality check from it all but I have to say, I fucking hate everything this place has become.

This place when it first started was glorious. A place for like minded fans to congregate during the working week when we couldn’t all meet in N17.

Now, I see the same cliques ruining every thread with their tit for tat bull shit agendas and it’s become tiresome and not a fun place to be a member of anymore.

I’ve met some cracking people through this site over the years and if it wasn’t for you none of that would of been possible.

Slightly self indulgent, but I would like to say thanks for the last 10 years, but I’m out. I’ll have a word with gav and the lads on the pod and if they ever throw another social and you are in attendance I’ll buy you a beer.

Peace out ✌️

Let the mods moderate and fuck the sin bin off.

If the mods are not moderating, they should hand in their badges and guns...doughnut eating lazy fat cunts

84146510.gif

You cannot create a place where any and all can exist
Bingo. No matter what you try and do, you'll always get problems. Banning people isn't an issue-free solution. Then you open up a whole discussion of "well X was banned and Y just did this. Why aren't they banned?". It's a slippery slope and not one we have time for anyway... but that's just my opinion.

I think you're expecting a bit much of a forum. People argue on the the internet. Sammy & Gibbs both post a lot about Spurs and they argue a bit as well. Do they deserve to be permanently banned for that? Even if they posted 70% Spurs and 30% shite, I still don't think that's worthy of banning for good.

Last edited:
Would people be in agreement that new members could not post in the ticketing sub forum until they have a proved to be a regular poster. Just always feel suspicious of poster opening accounts then asking for tickets.

I tend to think that cards are often an accumulated result of a posters conduct over a day or two.... People seem to just reach a point when they've had enough.

Never seen sammyspurs sammyspurs (eg) make an offensive post but he still racks up a card here and there.... He's also a lone wolf so not part of some alleged clique turfwar.
I was on a yellow. Was supposed to last three weeks and disappear this morning at 8am.

What happened instead? It's now extended till July. Why? Who fucking knows, asked Case and was just fed a load of bullshit and bollocks.

I know some people think there is a grand conspiracy when they receive a red/yellow card or that "multi's" are gaming the system in an attempt to drive them off the site. I can only assure people that I've put in all the checks I can and genuinely make the effort to try and run the site as fairly as possible.

The system we use here is not perfect, it's never going to be. I've said this over and over... but it is the system we use. If you think it's unfair then perhaps this site isn't for you. As I understand, other Spurs forums tend to operate under much stricter moderation rules.

Last edited:
I know some people think there is a grand conspiracy when they receive a red/yellow card or that "multi's" are gaming the system in an attempt to drive them off the site. I can only assure people that I've put in all the checks I can and genuinely make the effort to try and run the site as fairly as possibly.

The system we use here is not perfect, it's never going to be. I've said this over and over... but it is the system we use. If you think it's unfair then perhaps this site isn't for you. As I understand, other Spurs forums tend to operate under much stricter moderation rules.

Gotta say I think you have an infinite amount of patience with this place and appreciate the way it's moderated.

I doubt there's ever been an undeserved card on here.

I'll get my tongue out yo ass now.

Sorry Admin Admin but have you got it right by locking the Israel thread? Sure, there was robust debate taking place, substantially by individuals from two polar opposite viewpoints, but I've seen far, far worse - and there has been a great deal of informed contribution too. It's a massively important, serious topic which imho should be allowed to run.
Is there any chance you could reconsider? Kind of like a TFCVAR review? Go and have another look at the screen? Give it one last chance?

I agree, it is an important topic that we should be able to discuss. However, over the past few days, there have been over 30 foul votes from the off topic section. There are a few people that should probably be sin binned, at the very least, if we go by the number of votes. The problem is that I know next to nothing about these topics. Should I be binning/banning people if I'm not really sure what they're getting banned for? Or do we just let the majority decide? I can usually look at votes and can confidentially decide if they're valid. With this, I'm looking at some votes and I have not got a clue.

On top of my limited knowledge around these subjects, I also have zero interest in moderating them. It's enough work having to deal with the issues between users over Spurs. Imagine me having to trawl through multiple foul votes for political issues. I am not the person to be chairing these debates and therefore, I don't feel, this is the site to be having them.

I may open them up again, but for now, I'm just tired of it.

There's a clown show (hint) in this very thread, disagreeing, tagging and quoting me. I'm ignoring him but I still see notifications. Let's sort that out then?
You talking about Arcspace? You don't have him on ignore.

But do not be surprised when these issues continue and even uninvolved people complain about them.
I don't think Admin Admin is surprised or will be surprised or anything of the sort.

In short, no one currently posting on TFC is in danger of getting banned. The end. No amount of trying to change the rules around or pleading special cases is going to change that.

It matters not that Gibbs has been banned from every other forum; this place is notably not every other forum.

Your continued bringing up his banning history is, then, a non sequitur that suggests you've not yet understood that what he did on other boards is immaterial to what goes on at TFC.

"Thread cancer", "forum cancer", whatever. He's not getting banned. So instead of suggesting some kind of supplemental measures taken against him specifically beyond what is already in place (a banning), I suggest making use of what is already in place (the ignore feature, binning, the ignore feature, and the ignore feature).

Back
Top Bottom