Worst THFC site

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You have to meticulously review everything you write on that site in case the mods deem you to being argumentative! It's fucking pathetic.

And if they do ban you, you get really patronising DMs asking you to promise you'll never do it again before they'll let u back on.

Final straw was when I got banned for saying I thought one of the ITK rumours was seemed highly unlikely! (My exact wording pretty much. No swearing or calling it nonsense!).

Worst forum by a mile.
I was banned for criticising Daily Mail readers, because apparently it might've upset other members. That in of itself was ridiculous, but it was the mod PM that sealed the deal, as I was advised in it that if I question the ban, that was a breach of the rules. The place is run like a ex Soviet dictatorship and they can't even see it! Not that they probably even read it, but at the time I felt the need to fire off a snotty email in response to the banning because I was just incredulous as to how stupid the whole place was.

I was banned for criticising Daily Mail readers, because apparently it might've upset other members. That in of itself was ridiculous, but it was the mod PM that sealed the deal, as I was advised in it that if I question the ban, that was a breach of the rules. The place is run like a ex Soviet dictatorship and they can't even see it! Not that they probably even read it, but at the time I felt the need to fire off a snotty email in response to the banning because I was just incredulous as to how stupid the whole place was.
Yep I know exactly what you mean. I got bans a few time for similar things. Not even direct comments to people. I think one time I was banned for saying I wished people would stop melting following a loss! Directed at no one specifically.

In the end when I received one of their twatish emails listing all the obscure rules I'd "breeched" I just replied telling them exactly what I thought of their site and that they could fuck off.

I just got banned from SC after 11 years. Have the wrong views apparently. Arsenalwho? aka AW? if anyone remembers me.

And no i'm not a gooner, and no I won't change my avatar because it has red in it, so get a life :)

Bloody COYS lol!

Was banned many many moons ago, can't remember why really. Some super innocuous reason that I refused to apologize for

Got an account again about a year ago just to read some ITK - posted a few "This" & 'happy birthday person I don't know' posts to keep above their dumb ban-ratio

Forgot to login for a couple months & find I'm banned again! Lolz no email, no nothing this time. Guess they figured out I was already banned somehow or I didn't post enough. *shrug* honestly last time I logged in there was literally no action or convo anyway.

I think they've finally banned the entire internet

I'm quite new here, thought I'd give it a try after having used a few others over the years. Here's my thoughts on some of the others.

GG I like a lot, especially the simplicity of it's design but it's a bit two bob in the way it's run. It can have outages which last days, even weeks, and the user base has declined over the years.

Coys is just downright weird. The fact it can only be viewed by members isn't great and they're forever banning people for pretty arbitrary reasons.

SC is OK but the over elaborate ratings system is a big negative. There's posters who just post stuff to get agrees and likes, and Spam rate anything they don't like, the whole site is kind of policed by a group of non moderator posters, and threads can become banal because posters become worried about ratings, which is a bs way to run a forum. Or threads can often descend into petty tit for tat ratings battles.

What happened to shelfsidespurs?:levyeyes:

I only signed up briefly a couple of years ago, but I gather someone "bought" it, and has slowly been de-branding it from 'shelfside' to 'unofficial spurs' or something.

All I know is that there's an oddball called 'Database' or something (hulk hogan avatar) who was really strange and abrasive to everyone on nearly every thread, so I gave it a steer shortly after signing up.

COYS is just peculiar. Terrible design and never has any flow, so the only way you can post is if you spam, and then you're only allowed on there when there's nothing to talk about, leaving you to get banned from not posting enough...

And then there's SC, where you can only post about vanilla topics or else you'll get banned, or the thread will be locked, and you can't post pictures in case they get sued, and you can't debate or you'll get banned apparently, and if you post anything you'll get spammed with "ratings" that are seemingly designed only to cause arguments. I think I used it for about a month to escape Gibbs' spamming when first signed up on here, knowing he was banned on there, but I got bored pretty quickly.

Lol I think SC's alright. Best footie threads of them all & that's what it's about really. Match threads can be a blast

They're fucking annoying wth their ITK love in's though I must say

Spurs Community are insufferable bores. Their forum is like reading an extract from the diary of a privately educated yuppie about his gap year. :wall:
I've met a number of people from there. Most were okay, but there was one guy, ugh. A Tarquin wound up so tight you'd need at least 33 Chilean miners to relieve the pressure on his arsehole. Utterly humourless, impossibly insecure, snooty, stuck up and convinced he was always right....

....but enough about the bloke I saw in the mirror.

Seriously though, I did meet someone like that from SC. I didn't think they could be worse than moi!

Last edited:
I stopped posting regularly on GG over the Stratford debate. The owner (?) Scaramanga was in favour of the move basically because Tottenham was 'a bit scary' (paraphrasing).

I did meet some good posters from there though in 'real life'. Some which I am still on friendly terms with and see at matches occasionally.

Indeed it was Park Lane James that put me on to this site.

I stopped posting regularly on GG over the Stratford debate. The owner (?) Scaramanga was in favour of the move basically because Tottenham was 'a bit scary' (paraphrasing).

I did meet some good posters from there though in 'real life'. Some which I am still on friendly terms with and see at matches occasionally.

"Scaramanga"?:kanehand:

Crawley was a good mod - the rest were power crazed cock knockers

Back
Top Bottom