Worst THFC site

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Andrew said:
Can someone enlighten me as to how TFC and GG are different? Apart from the smilies?
I like that there're a lot less :vdvcry: :saha: :parker: :goonermong: here but is that just down to the fact that there aren't many posters yet?

don't ban me.
:nawty:
I think TFC has a similar feel to the early days of GG. Lots of jokes and the debates/arguments are respectful.

But it turned into argument central there ... I blame Spooky :p

Aussie Joe said:
Andrew said:
Can someone enlighten me as to how TFC and GG are different? Apart from the smilies?
I like that there're a lot less :vdvcry: :saha: :parker: :goonermong: here but is that just down to the fact that there aren't many posters yet?

don't ban me.
I think TFC has a similar feel to the early days of GG. Lots of jokes and the debates/arguments are respectful.

A debate is essentially an argument. I think that as long as it's not made personal then it's fine. Nothing quite like excercising the brain on a good debate.

That's what I didn't like about COYS. It was all about kissing everyone else's arse. Where's the interest in that?

What I found with gg is the design was shit, really amateur. TFC looks so much better than other forums. Also things are quite lighthearted on here, whereas these other forums seem to take themselves too seriously.

It'll be interesting how it pans out.

Like a product or brand, this forum will have a life cycle. At the moment, it is in its infancy, where rules, etiquette and types of posts are being established. Also, there's still a swell of new users coming aboard.

Other forums are much further along in their life cycle, some having established very set ways of doing things. Ultimately, it is up to the users to determine what style will suit them. They will vote with their fingers.

If the members like how it's run, it will thrive. That's why member-owned companies tend to perform better, have more loyal staff and happier customers. Think John Lewis.

Smoked Salmon said:
A debate is essentially an argument. I think that as long as it's not made personal then it's fine. Nothing quite like excercising the brain on a good debate.
A debate isn't an argument! A debate has clearly defined rules and scoring system whereas an argument is just a heated disagreement... you beige-faced animated clothes rack!

But I agree.

Smoked Salmon said:
That's what I didn't like about COYS. It was all about kissing everyone else's arse. Where's the interest in that?

Oh, I don't know. Rimming has its place.
:avbdamn: :dawson: :vdvcry: :bale2: :adegrin2: :defoe: :bentley:

Smoked Salmon said:
Aussie Joe said:
Andrew said:

don't ban me.

To my mind, the difference between a debate and an argument is whether or not you have any respect for the person you are arguing with. When the person you are debating with starts to get insulting, you lose respect for them, then it turns in to an argument.

Though I'm sure SmokedSalmon would disagree.. :adegrin2:

MKYid said:
To my mind, the difference between a debate and an argument is whether or not you have any respect for the person you are arguing with. When the person you are debating with starts to get insulting, you lose respect for them, then it turns in to an argument.

Though I'm sure SmokedSalmon would disagree.. :adegrin2:
I think it depends what you consider an insult.

There is nobody on this board that I have lost respect for. Sure, one or two with some dodgy opinions, but if an internet argument or debate is the barometer of whether or not someone dislikes another then I pity the person with the grudge.

One thing that needs to be said is that a lot of these forums have some excellent members and it's just the moderators and their idiotic rules that spoil them.

I got to know a lot of fantastic people before COYS booted me and it's only a shame they don't have the ability to disagree with anyone on their chosen forum.

I've tried to read COYS and SC and even the official forums but now I'm down to 3 places: TFC, THTV, and /r/coys on Reddit.

They all have their own strengths. I wish THTV was a bit cleaner and used a different forum architecture, but I really like a lot of the posters there (though there are a fair few deluded).

The subreddit is an incredibly good place for fast news and rumors, and I think the discussion is a bit less partisan and more realistic at times.

And this site has by far the best looking and functioning forum, also the funniest and probably most internet-savvy by a mile.

Ramsingh said:
"At this time we are not accepting new applications to join the COYS community of Spurs fans. Registration will re-open soon after the transfer window closes. Thank you for your interest in joining us. We look forward to receiving your application when registrations re-open. COYS"

Pathetic.

I know... I've sent my CV in and everything... still waiting to hear back for an interview...

fingers crossed people!!

#uptheirownarse

Ramsingh said:
"At this time we are not accepting new applications to join the COYS community of Spurs fans. Registration will re-open soon after the transfer window closes. Thank you for your interest in joining us. We look forward to receiving your application when registrations re-open. COYS"

Pathetic.

They do that because a large proportion of their members only log on during transfer windows to read Potl's latest lies - if they accept new members then the website just continually crashes.

"From The Lane" is my main board, as I've been on since about 2000ish after we all migrated from Topspurs.
This place I only discovered recently, and I fucking love it :tobyarm:.

Worst ? I have no idea...

You have to meticulously review everything you write on that site in case the mods deem that youre being argumentative! It's fucking pathetic.

And if they do ban you, you get really patronising DMs asking you to promise you'll never do it again before they'll let u back on.

Final straw was when I got banned for saying I thought one of the ITK rumours seemed highly unlikely! (My exact wording pretty much. No swearing or calling it nonsense!).

Worst forum by a mile.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom