Worst player to wear the lilywhite shirt

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

frontwheel said:
I was just reading the thread though to say all the cunts today. Minus Lennon and Defoe.

To all the Crouch haters. Are you goldfish? No. Your a cunt. He wasn't the best, but he wasn't the worst. AND he always tried.

When he scored at Man C, did you say "lucky wanker, I don't think I'll celebrate 'cos he's shit, bring back Doherty". Or maybe you disliked his goal against AC?

You're a cunt.

Basic grammatical errors really don't help to add weight to an opinion.... :harryfacepalm:

I hated Crouch at Spurs , not because he is shite or anything like that but because it motivated HR to play one rout football , Dawson hoofing the ball forward and we just waited to see whether Crouch could do something with it before we went on with it.

But i have seen Crouch do things that none of the other players mentioned here could ever do.

frontwheel said:
I was just reading the thread though to say all the cunts today. Minus Lennon and Defoe.

To all the Crouch haters. Are you goldfish? No. Your a cunt. He wasn't the best, but he wasn't the worst. AND he always tried.

When he scored at Man C, did you say "lucky wanker, I don't think I'll celebrate 'cos he's shit, bring back Doherty". Or maybe you disliked his goal against AC?

Im not gonna get a decent debate out of you I can see that by your comment above, which you have to admit is a bit fucking shit if you ask me.

I dont agree with you in every way shape and form & I also think your blinkered & somewhat nieve if you believe the stupid myth that the baby giraffe gave us champions league.

Wake up ffs....... he was toilet, complete and utter toilet....... truth is Peter Crouch was responsible for us only just scraping into the competition when we could have fucking sauntered into it without a problem.

Dont believe me? Let me refresh your memory then.

0-0 against Hull now relegated

lost 2-0 against Liverpool

won 2-0 against Fulham

1-1 against Birmingham now relegated

0-0 against Villa

Lost 1-0 against wolves

1-1 against Bolton

DLWDDLD

Common denominator = Peter Crouch gets 589 minutes & gets two goals in total

Pavlyuchenko gets 19 mins in total & scores 1 goal

Feeling amongst fans that the season is fucked.... Crouch has scored only 2 goals in 11 games, every yid throughout Yiddom was screaming at Harry for his stupidity in sticking with a shitty hoofball to the lanky streak of piss. The crowd are regularly chanting for Super Pav, booing crouch & redknapp.........

Redknapp plays Pav ......he comes on as a sub next game & gets 17 mins & scores 2 goals.....!!!!!!!Thats 2 Goals in 17 mins!!!!!!!

Win against Wigan 3-0 (Pav scores 2) 12th game for crouch without a goal
Win Against Bolton in the FA cup 4-0 (Pav scores 2) Crouch doesnt play
Win against Everton 2-1 (Pav scores 1) Crouch gets 8 mins
Win against Blackburn (Pav scores 2)

Harry decides its a good idea to drop Pav and resinstate his golden giraffe like boy.

Crouch then plays a total of 591 mins and scores only 3 goals out of 11 games (6 starts & 56 mins as a sub)

That 1 goal against Manchester city was one of them?????

Saying crouch got us Champions league is like saying syphalis is fucking great because it didnt flare up when you finally fucked your new girlfriend.

emperor said:
Just thought about this as saw him on TV tonight - the legendary Bobby Mimms! Truly, the worst goalie I've ever seen.
youre just a young whippersnapper!!!.. you never had the chance to see mark kendall..

& for the rest of you look up ian moores.. we actually paid money to stoke for the cunt!.. rasiak was maradonna compared to him.

realgoneyid said:
frontwheel said:

Im not gonna get a decent debate out of you I can see that by your comment above, which you have to admit is a bit fucking shit if you ask me.

I dont agree with you in every way shape and form & I also think your blinkered & somewhat nieve if you believe the stupid myth that the baby giraffe gave us champions league.

Wake up ffs....... he was toilet, complete and utter toilet....... truth is Peter Crouch was responsible for us only just scraping into the competition when we could have fucking sauntered into it without a problem.

Dont believe me? Let me refresh your memory then.

0-0 against Hull now relegated

lost 2-0 against Liverpool

won 2-0 against Fulham

1-1 against Birmingham now relegated

0-0 against Villa

Lost 1-0 against wolves

1-1 against Bolton

DLWDDLD

Common denominator = Peter Crouch gets 589 minutes & gets two goals in total

Pavlyuchenko gets 19 mins in total & scores 1 goal

Feeling amongst fans that the season is fucked.... Crouch has scored only 2 goals in 11 games, every yid throughout Yiddom was screaming at Harry for his stupidity in sticking with a shitty hoofball to the lanky streak of piss. The crowd are regularly chanting for Super Pav, booing crouch & redknapp.........

Redknapp plays Pav ......he comes on as a sub next game & gets 17 mins & scores 2 goals.....!!!!!!!Thats 2 Goals in 17 mins!!!!!!!

Win against Wigan 3-0 (Pav scores 2) 12th game for crouch without a goal
Win Against Bolton in the FA cup 4-0 (Pav scores 2) Crouch doesnt play
Win against Everton 2-1 (Pav scores 1) Crouch gets 8 mins
Win against Blackburn (Pav scores 2)

Harry decides its a good idea to drop Pav and resinstate his golden giraffe like boy.

Crouch then plays a total of 591 mins and scores only 3 goals out of 11 games (6 starts & 56 mins as a sub)

That 1 goal against Manchester city was one of them?????

Saying crouch got us Champions league is like saying syphalis is fucking great because it didnt flare up when you finally fucked your new girlfriend.

LMAO... for the record I take no side whatsoever in this debate but that was a good read.

realgoneyid said:
that big long essay thing
I totally agree with this and thought I was the only one at the time who could see that. Peter Crouch managed to feature in every single Premier League game for about 40 consecutive matches if I remember correctly, and this was at a point when everyone had lost faith in Pav. It seemed he came on in games and scored every match, I could never understand why everyone hated him yet loved three-metre!

However, Crouch isn't the worst player ever to wear the shirt, let's be truthful. Crouch over Rasiak? Crouch over Doherty? Crouch over Postiga? Yes to all three, surely.

I think the fact this thread is already at 3 pages (and counting) tells you all you need to know...

Imagine the Barcelona fans version of this thread... would probably begin and end in Steve Archibald and that's that!

for what it's worth (and only on what I've seen) here's my shite XI XV :

MIMMS/DAINES (tough call... Daines was shitter for longer, at least Mimms was put out of his misery when Erik the V arrived!)
TRAMEZANNI
WILLIE YOUNG*
GEORGIO MAZZON
MOUSSA SAIB
STUART NETHERCOTT (always tough on a 'home-grown' but fuck him, the 3rd *ginger in this list... Spurs clearly don't DO Ginger!)
JOHN PRATT (by name, Shat by nature!!)
KEVIN SCOTT & DAVID KERSLAKE (always got them confused anyway!!)
BEN THATCHER (horrible, just horrible piece of work... Classic George Graham)
GILBERTO (managed to do in half an hour what VEGA took an entire career to achieve!)
ANDY BOOTH (forgot about him momentarily... and I mean WHEN he was playing for us! Along with driving along a Luton kerbside that night, he was NOT one of Pleat's better decisions)
GARY DOHERTY*
GREGORZ RASIAK (just wrong on SO many levels)

...shit, I'm too depressed to go on, I'll leave it at just the 15... bollocks!

Back
Top Bottom