Worst player to wear the lilywhite shirt

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There have certainly been some stinkers, but I never feel it appropriate to pick a "worst player". That's because I think that any player that put on the shirt and gave effort in a match deserves respect from us as fans, whether we rate them as talented or not. They still played for us, the fans.

For me, it's only when a player starts to disrespect the fans, á la Campbell, that he should lose that respect.

As the banner of this site says, Love the shirt - and that includes those who give their all in it.

Definitely Andy Booth

And there are definitely players who have played for the money.. I don't think you can say every player has played for the fans.. Unless you meant that in another way?

WindyCOYS said:
Andy Booth?

Dru said:
Definitely Andy Booth

Reckon this is spot-on, for players representing Tottenham Hotspur.

Otherwise, the worst ever to wear the shirt is my brother-in-law, a mickey mouser who - in a season where my five-a-side team wore the "Rebrov" home shirt - a) was shit and b) as an under-shirt sported a red Scouse abomination.

RockTrumpet said:

Have to disagree with this nomination though...

:saha:

There so many players who have worn the Spurs shirt and have been woeful to watch.

But when I saw this thread the very fist name that Jumped out at me was Hossam Ghali, although he isn't the worst player to have played for us he is the first and only Spurs player (not former) in my 23 year history who I have absolutely hated with a passion after that time he threw the Spurs shirt on the floor because Jol thought it would be best to substitute him for being poor.

943777_crop_650x440.jpg

Is he a defender, is he a striker? Fuck knows, but he's shit.

Jason Dozell - hmm not pretty! Doherty was woeful and Postiga was just deeply disappointing after all the hype when he joined.

On a side note was it just me who quite liked Jose Dominguez??

Blanchflower said:
For negative impact on the team and it's style of play Crouch has to be up there

Seconded m8, have to admit his playing days at spurs were the lowest ebb for me, for me it was obvious he was complete toilet yet their was a baffling army of fans who adored him.... harry included.

When you imagine what we could have achieved if the baby giraffe had been shipped out earlier & a more appropriate replacement had been found. The lost ground is obvious in my mind & it will be a negative legacy when Harry goes imho.

If you couple his detrimental effect with his price tag & you put it into perspective .... just what it has cost us over the last two seasons by sticking with such an awful player.

I have to conclude he has been our worst player ever.

But.... on the bright side of the street he is gawn :akabusi: :gazza:

we are buzzin & in with a shout at some silver, a season to chuff on & the chance of some sprinklings of champions league hundreds and thousands to top it off.

The futures bright.... the futures crouchless :defoe2:

Back
Top Bottom