Worst player of the season

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Let's focus on the negatives

Hugo. Knows he's to good for us, has said so. Gone
Walker. Looked good, got crocked. Glass legs.
Naughton. Shit.
Dawson. Slow, shit.
Vertonghen. Sulking bell end.
Kaboul. Permacrock. Shit eyebrows.
Chicheres. Looked good, decided to get pissed and fall over. Out for 4 months. Cunt.
Rose. Built like a brick shit house. Brain like a brick shit house.
Sandro. Perma crock.
Bentaleb. Shit.
Capoue. Looked good, got crocked, played out of position. Ruined. Well done Sherwood.
Dembele. Permacrock.
Lennon. Bored.
Chadli. Average at best.
Siggy. Bang average.
Townsend. Cut inside, shoot, miss, repeat.
Lamela. Excuse me, how much?
Eriksen. He's good....therefore gone.
Soldado. Flashes of brilliance but mainly flash backs of Robbie Keane.
Holtby. Fulham
Kane. Never has a player screamed QPR as much as young Kane.
Ade. The better he plays the more I think he's a cunt for not trying previously.

AVB. like watching paint dry but at least made us fairly solid.
Sherwood. Clownshoe cunt. Die.

Levy. I would rather hitler was running my club.

All in all not a bad season then.

Sandro has been disappointing this season but to think he has been our worst player is laughable in my opinion. A lot more candidates in front of him

Lennon.

Close to going with Soldado but he has actually contributed a reasonable amount of goals in all competitions and has good all round play, despite the price tag. Rose a candidate.

Danny Rose by a mile.

He made a pigs ear of the high line and every defender near him suffered from having to overextend. We didn't have many defensive problems at cb until he was introduced.

He could have ended Kabouls Spurs career due to lack of positional sense. He's given hospital passes, steped on the ball vs the scum, got sent off, had meltdowns, was part of the dire wingplay that ruined soldados chances of scoring and has compounded every problem this team has. Intelligence, creativity, team shape, experience, height, power and playing as a team.

IMO Rose is a caricature of everything wrong with this club. Young, dumb, light weight and head down.

Long term ironically he's done us a favor. I can't think of another player who's accumulation of gaffes helped get AVB and Tim (hopefully) the sack.

Good job rosesy! Silver linings and all that.

Watch him play a blinder today and mug another manager for next season.

Last edited:
Lamela.

Not because he deserves the tag, but because even when fit he looked so very new to the league. As in so very far off the level of the others.

Danny Rose for me. Had a good season at Sunderland, but has seemed very limited with us. Poor decision making, awful crossing, questionable attitude. Paulinho as runner up, but he has scored some goals to polish over his mostly uninspired performances.

Soldado due to cost vs goals delivered

Lennon due to amount of game time with lack of performances

Vertonghen due to sharp decline from last season

Sandro due to un-Sandro like performances

Paulinho due to higher expectations

Sigurdsson due to starting off the season excellently then failing to deliver again

Adebayor due to lack of interest in last 10 games as expected

Rose for being a liability

Townsend for thinking he'd made it but hadn't

You can almost hear the gears squeaking in his brain while he makes a decision. Naughton needs to go. Part of the braindead aspect of the team.

Don't see why he's getting stick, since covering for Walker at RB in his NATURAL position he's been solid. Stick Walker at LB for a stint and I'm sure you'll turn against him also.

Don't see why he's getting stick, since covering for Walker at RB in his NATURAL position he's been solid. Stick Walker at LB for a stint and I'm sure you'll turn against him also.

I had to point this out to the prick sitting next to me a couple of months ago. Walker got subbed off injured for Naughton and this helmet says "Rose'll have to go rightback now because Naughton's shit on the left, so he'll be even worse on the right". When I pointed out that Naughton's naturally a rightback, and had been playing out of position he said "well, he's stil la cunt". Very constructive.

Whilst not a world-beater, I think Naughton's actually been looking better lately.

I have no idea how Rose has become the scapegoat here.

He is also one of the players who season was affected by a big injury. For me, when you consider ability, experience and role in the side, Rose isnt even in the top five worst performers.

Just one of the unlucky ones who makes a world class tackle, gets wrongly sent off and penalty against, yet still has some Spurs fans backing the ref, and saying that good defenders always stay on their feet, and other bollox.

He was unlucky with the pen, was not his fault. My criticisim of him is simply that he is not a good enough defender, he deson't track back when needed and when he does opposition players still often go around him. Look at Walker, if he looses the ball he will spirit 40 yards to get it back, Rose often just jogs or on occassions walks back.

He needs to improve as a player because his positioning undermines our defence, that is not to take away from our other defenders form.

Whether he is the worst player of the season depends on what you are judging on. In terms of disapointment then Soldado and his lack of goals would be up there, in terms of attitude Verts, Sandro, Paulinho and Demebele would take the cake but Rose sticks in people minds because of some of his performaces.

I'm going to against the grain here. I appreciate there are a few candidates. Soldado, lamela, Pauline, kaboul et al.

Obviously dear Ade, a player I desperately hope we release to his deserved home in Turkey.

But I'm going to go Sandro.

His passion is clear but the application of his talents is abysmal. Couple that with his childish social media bollocks makes him my biggest disappointment this term.

I hope he stays and doesn't become another Wilson. But I'm not sure he has the brains.

Sandro has been disappointing this season but to think he has been our worst player is laughable in my opinion. A lot more candidates in front of him

I guess its because I know how good he COULD be. His lack of discipline was startling to me this season.

The majority of the other contenders were pl virgins so there is an element of excuse.

Back
Top Bottom