Worst player of the season

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm going to against the grain here. I appreciate there are a few candidates. Soldado, lamela, Pauline, kaboul et al.

Obviously dear Ade, a player I desperately hope we release to his deserved home in Turkey.

But I'm going to go Sandro.

His passion is clear but the application of his talents is abysmal. Couple that with his childish social media bollocks makes him my biggest disappointment this term.

I hope he stays and doesn't become another Wilson. But I'm not sure he has the brains.

Sandro has been disappointing this season but to think he has been our worst player is laughable in my opinion. A lot more candidates in front of him

Lennon.

Close to going with Soldado but he has actually contributed a reasonable amount of goals in all competitions and has good all round play, despite the price tag. Rose a candidate.

Sandro has been disappointing this season but to think he has been our worst player is laughable in my opinion. A lot more candidates in front of him

I guess its because I know how good he COULD be. His lack of discipline was startling to me this season.

The majority of the other contenders were pl virgins so there is an element of excuse.

Lamela.

Not because he deserves the tag, but because even when fit he looked so very new to the league. As in so very far off the level of the others.

Lennon.

Close to going with Soldado but he has actually contributed a reasonable amount of goals in all competitions and has good all round play, despite the price tag. Rose a candidate.

Lennon is a good shout considering the amount of game time he has had but whilst not being that effective he didn't really let us down or leave us that exposed. In fact I thought his tracking back was a new facet to his game. If only he could learn to cross a ball..... It's becoming clear that this will never be part of his game though.

I guess its because I know how good he COULD be. His lack of discipline was startling to me this season.

The majority of the other contenders were pl virgins so there is an element of excuse.
I do agree that it is frustrating to see a player with so much potential play as he has this season but we need to remember he came back from a long term injury this season and I don't think he has been fully fit, if we are gonna go purely by performances I don't think he has been anywhere near as bad as some of our other experienced PL players

Dawson for me, he used to be up for a battle in games - he's looking old, slow and weak now.

Difficult / impossible to drop your captain as well, so we are in a sticky situation.

Sandro definitely not. Sure, he had this unprofessional social media war with Sherwood but under AVB when he came in for Paulinho or Dembélé he stabilized our game and was one of the players who had the passion to get stuck in and fight for the ball. He hasn't have his best season but seriously, who had?!

Vertonghen really disappointed me. He played way, way behind the expectations, especially after his injury. He'd be one of the candidates that played really bad compared to their ability.

Paulinho aswell, I never understood why AVB let him play all the time while Dembélé, in my opinion the better and much more useful player had to rotate with Sandro. In the Confederations Cup, he was a worker, always trying to get the ball back and active in the midfield to support the attack. He always acted in the background but was really important in defense and offense. Here at spurs he saw himself as a player who always had to be near the ball to get it and score. From a defensive CM he turned to an attack minded AM without to much motivation to defend but also without the vision and finishing needed as AM. For sure, he had some good individual moves but that was all. He disappointed me aswell.

I have to say there are some other players who has been disappointing to me but it would be easier to say who didn't disappoint me: Lloris (whole season), Eriksen (2nd half of the season), Dembélé
ok and Bentaleb if you consider his youth and lack of experience.

That's all.

I do agree that it is frustrating to see a player with so much potential play as he has this season but we need to remember he came back from a long term injury this season and I don't think he has been fully fit, if we are gonna go purely by performances I don't think he has been anywhere near as bad as some of our other experienced PL players

I appreciate the injury but he was a disaster to happen every minute of every game he played. If it wasn't a yellow or a red waiting to given it was another injury. He was like a really stupid bull in an almost empty china shop with one plate. He would find that plate.

I get he is really funny and likeable but I suspect he is really thick even in comparison to footballers. And I also think he took the tag of the beast a bit too literal.

There is an astounding footballer in there. I'm not sure we will ever see it though. Van Gaal could have got the best out him by stringent discipline but we ain't getting him now.

Sandro definitely not. Sure, he had this unprofessional social media war with Sherwood but under AVB when he came in for Paulinho or Dembélé he stabilized our game and was one of the players who had the passion to get stuck in and fight for the ball. He hasn't have his best season but seriously, who had?!

Vertonghen really disappointed me. He played way, way behind the expectations, especially after his injury. He'd be one of the candidates that played really bad compared to their ability.

Paulinho aswell, I never understood why AVB let him play all the time while Dembélé, in my opinion the better and much more useful player had to rotate with Sandro. In the Confederations Cup, he was a worker, always trying to get the ball back and active in the midfield to support the attack. He always acted in the background but was really important in defense and offense. Here at spurs he saw himself as a player who always had to be near the ball to get it and score. From a defensive CM he turned to an attack minded AM without to much motivation to defend but also without the vision and finishing needed as AM. For sure, he had some good individual moves but that was all. He disappointed me aswell.

I have to say there are some other players who has been disappointing to me but it would be easier to say who didn't disappoint me: Lloris (whole season), Eriksen (2nd half of the season), Dembélé
ok and Bentaleb if you consider his youth and lack of experience.

That's all.

Actually you may be right with vertonghen.

Danny Rose for me. Had a good season at Sunderland, but has seemed very limited with us. Poor decision making, awful crossing, questionable attitude. Paulinho as runner up, but he has scored some goals to polish over his mostly uninspired performances.

I was going to say Rose, but then I realised you were talking about real football players, and not raffle competition winners.

Partly disagree. I know Rose is not too popular here but his start of the season was really good under AVB. After his injury Sherwood came in as manager and played his stupid 4-4-2. On the wing we had either Sigurdsson or Eriksen, two attack-minded offensive midfielders that used to play in the middle of the pitch rather than running up and down the flank. Further, in CM Sherwood often played without any serious holding midfielder who could help on the left flank during counter attacks, just because there weren't enough other players to cover the center of the pitch.
As a result, Rose always had to do the job of two in defense, often dealing with the opposite full back and winger. Walker never had that problem because Lennon gave him the support in defense Eriksen and Sigurdsson didn't. And honestly, Walkers crosses aren't any better than Roses. So it's a bit unfair to judge Rose that bad.

Yes, but why would someone talk about the players when they can try and derail the thread and turn it into the 100th AVB vs TS borefest..?

Because spammy, because some people can't help themselves. I'm sure you have heard the fable of the frog and the scorpion.

Its in some peoples nature.

You of all people can appreciate this.

Back
Top Bottom