Worst match you've ever been to?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I went to that. They only had once entrance open for the away end and there were murders. Missed the first 25 minutes. There were millions of us there singing 'We'll never play you again, we'll never play you again" ha ha. Got hit by a pie from above when the 2nd went in. My mate pissed himself laughing so I threw the jacket away, and it was snowing. Got a massive hug from some random Spurs fan. I was bloody freezing lol, so thanks if it was one of you lot.
God it was so cold that night it would hurt to breathe

God it was so cold that night it would hurt to breathe

Tottenham: Robinson, Pamarot, Atouba (Edman 82), Gardner, Ziegler, Davies, Pedro Mendes (Carrick 77), Brown, Kelly, Kanoute (Mido 74), Keane.
Subs Not Used: Cerny, Defoe.

Goals: Pamarot 60, Keane 72, Mido 90.

Att: 28,062 Edit: 5000 Spurs

Ref: M Clattenburg (Co Durham)

10 years is a long time in football. :eriksenlol:

Last edited:
Tottenham: Robinson, Pamarot, Atouba (Edman 82), Gardner, Ziegler, Davies, Pedro Mendes (Carrick 77), Brown, Kelly, Kanoute (Mido 74), Keane.
Subs Not Used: Cerny, Defoe.

Goals: Pamarot 60, Keane 72, Mido 90.

Att: 28,062 Edit: 5000 Spurs

Ref: M Clattenburg (Co Durham)

10 years is a long time in football. :eriksenlol:
Robbo, Atouba, Mendes, Keano ... I love that team.

Been thinking about this for a few days and I've come to the conclusion it was the 1-6 defeat by Chelsea in December 1997, during the Christian Gross era. I think it was 1-1 at half-time and then we just capitulated in the second half.

I remember their supporters laughing at us come the final whistle and yes, I stayed to the bitter end in complete shock.

Last edited:
3-1 away to wimbledon, in the gross era. i was going on the piss with a load of dons fans after the game, confident that i was going to lord it over them all night.
after the end of the game, it took me 20 mins to get up the energy to leave my seat. Ive never seen a performance as bad, and the left back (Paolo Tramezzanni) spent more time on his arse that day then I did

I spent the evening being called a spurs cunt all night. when i got home, i curled up in bed with my fried chicken and wept

I remember seeing a game in about 94 but cant remember who we played. Sheringham was injured so we played Jason Dozzell as a forward, the torture was pretty bad.
With respect, this torture you speak of hardly seems burned into the soul. Maybe come up with a game you remember? Sorry if this seems harsh - it's not meant to be.

Earliest I've ever left a game that. Although as we were walking out someone had tipped over a load of bins of empty plastic beer bottles and everyone was taking their frustration out kicking the shit out of them. They were flying everywhere. Quite funny.

I fell over into a puddle in the pissing rain running to a cab station after the game.
My brother found it most amusing. What a day.

Just remembered another, Chelsea away 2003. Kanoute put us 1-0 up then they ended up beating us 4-2. Fast forward 2 weeks and my Chelsea supporting mate comes running into the college common room with a grin from ear to ear. He’s got the programme from the next home game and the front page is a photo of Mutu scoring with me in the background with my hands on my head.

With respect, this torture you speak of hardly seems burned into the soul. Maybe come up with a game you remember? Sorry if this seems harsh - it's not meant to be.
I was about 9, maybe 10 so excuse my iffy memory. The fact that I can still remember his shit excuse for a performance shows how bad it was. In fact, I think I can remember every other game I have ever been to from 1991 onwards yet all I can remember about the game in question is Jason Dozzell might say something.

Bolton away on a monday night losing 1-0 in the last minute and missing my train home.

Pompey in the fa cup semi final – angriest I’ve EVER been at a footy match.

Boro away losing 5-1? We celebrated a goal at about 5-0 down

Leicester away in the cup – 0-2 up and cruising to go on and lose 3-2

Chelsea fa cup semi a few seasons back 4-0 I think?

The Burnley game in the cup semi was the COLDEST ive ever been at a football match, I left at 3-0 down as couldn’t take it anymore then tried to get back in when I heard us score.

Villa at home last season was shocking too

West ham away – lasagne-gate

A game from my hometeam against a tinpot outfit called waasland beveren, we lost 0-1 after the worst dreary game ever where we started in a 5-5-0 and had 0 shots on goal and it was freezing.

Luckily they sacked our coach after it but that game was one of the very few that i left early, couldnt stand watching it anymore.

Remember another game with my hometeam against As Roma where we had the most biased referee ever, looking at Totti without asking permission got you a yellow.

Not the worst game because we had a blast hurling abuse,change and lighters at the ref but one of the worst games ever when it came to feeling powerless as a fan.

The Roma coach even apologised afterwards, saying he felt ashamed.

Bolton away on a monday night losing 1-0 in the last minute and missing my train home.

Pompey in the fa cup semi final – angriest I’ve EVER been at a footy match.

Boro away losing 5-1? We celebrated a goal at about 5-0 down

Leicester away in the cup – 0-2 up and cruising to go on and lose 3-2

Chelsea fa cup semi a few seasons back 4-0 I think?

The Burnley game in the cup semi was the COLDEST ive ever been at a football match, I left at 3-0 down as couldn’t take it anymore then tried to get back in when I heard us score.

Villa at home last season was shocking too

West ham away – lasagne-gate

I was at the Boro 5-1 defeat sat in their end!
The average missionary could get a lot of work up there!

We had a man sent off 1st half and Jamie Redknapp got us a consolation.

Also went there a few years ago for that spoilt brat Berbatov's last game where he put more energy than not fiddling with his headband than playing!
We lost 2-1 with Mido scoring for them!

Ramos was clueless!

Hate the place and the people but I used to live near there so you have to put up with it!

:bmj:

Just remembered another, Chelsea away 2003. Kanoute put us 1-0 up then they ended up beating us 4-2. Fast forward 2 weeks and my Chelsea supporting mate comes running into the college common room with a grin from ear to ear. He’s got the programme from the next home game and the front page is a photo of Mutu scoring with me in the background with my hands on my head.
thats not the kind of scoring the chavs remember him for

Back
Top Bottom