World Cup Qualifiers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

1347392431857.gif

Wales might as well Bale from international football.

Luxembourg nicked a deflected goal 5 mins from the end after Northern Ireland had 3 goals disallowed and numerous chances... ended 1-1, just like watching Spurs!

red_WHITE&BLUE said:
The rematch will be interesting tonight, with Boca back.

My starting 11

Howard
Fabian, Boca, Goodson
Torres, Jones, Williams, Shea
Dempsey
Altidore, Boyd
Well that sure is bold. Altidore and Boyd are too similar IMO so i would drop one of them and put Torres behind Altidore/Boyd and Dempsey. Also definitely would keep Fabian Johnson in there. I knocked around the idea of Shea at LB yesterday with Johnson in front of him cutting in. I really think this is Torres' game to dominate.

All my Scottish mates calling for Levein to be sacked.

In a way I'm jealous of them that they can still get so passionate about their national side. I watched the highlights of tonights game without knowing the score and just couldn't really muster up any great feelings of anxiety, nervousness or excitement. Whereas yesterday during Andy Murray's final I was a quivering nervous wreck. (And I don't even like tennis that much) What's happened to me?

Cripps14 said:

In a way I'm jealous of them that they can still get so passionate about their national side. I watched the highlights of tonights game without knowing the score and just couldn't really muster up any great feelings of anxiety, nervousness or excitement. Whereas yesterday during Andy Murray's final I was a quivering nervous wreck. (And I don't even like tennis that much) What's happened to me?
I don't know but I didnt know that so man of you didn't care about the national team until I came here. I sort of feel bad for you. I care about the USMNT as much or maybe even more that THFC

Watching Uruguay vs. Ecuador because i'm bored. Uruguay 1-0 down and should be down to 10-men and 2-0. Goalkeeper wiped out a striker that was 1-on-1 but the striker got banned for diving.

:avblol:

SanDiegoYiddo said:
Cripps14 said:

I don't know but I didnt know that so man of you didn't care about the national team until I came here. I sort of feel bad for you. I care about the USMNT as much or maybe even more that THFC

tumblr_m7psu08tzd1qkreij.gif

SanDiegoYiddo said:
red_WHITE&BLUE said:

My starting 11

Howard
Fabian, Boca, Goodson
Dempsey
Altidore, Boyd
Well that sure is bold. Altidore and Boyd are too similar IMO so i would drop one of them and put Torres behind Altidore/Boyd and Dempsey. Also definitely would keep Fabian Johnson in there. I knocked around the idea of Shea at LB yesterday with Johnson in front of him cutting in. I really think this is Torres' game to dominate.

I say Boyd because he is scoring goals, confident at the moment, and from his media articles, pumped to play for the national team. With 25k+ fans all waving flags this is going to be a highly patriotic game and its gonna pump up alot of the players and I think Boyd has the most to gain from that at the moment. Any lack of speed on his part will be picked up by Torres and Shea and there is no doubt Boyd is stronger than Gomez. Either way, this game will be 100% different than the away game, better pitch, 9/11, the defensive line back etc... For Jamaica...lighting doesn't strike twice.

USA 2 (minimum) Jamaica 0

red_WHITE&BLUE said:
SanDiegoYiddo said:
red_WHITE&BLUE said:

My starting 11

Howard
Fabian, Boca, Goodson
Dempsey
Altidore, Boyd

I say Boyd because he is scoring goals, confident at the moment, and from his media articles, pumped to play for the national team. With 25k+ fans all waving flags this is going to be a highly patriotic game and its gonna pump up alot of the players and I think Boyd has the most to gain from that at the moment. Any lack of speed on his part will be picked up by Torres and Shea and there is no doubt Boyd is stronger than Gomez. Either way, this game will be 100% different than the away game, better pitch, 9/11, the defensive line back etc... For Jamaica...lighting doesn't strike twice.

USA 2 (minimum) Jamaica 0
Oh, no I'm really high on Boyd. I think him and Altidore are almost a toss up right now.

Watched Belgium vs Croatia yesterday , it was the old song again : We should've won but a lapse in concentration and a lack of world class striker always does us (or even a mediocre striker)

Apart from that we were the better team , esp after the break where Hazard finally showed what he is capable of in the Belgian team. Dembele was decent and Vertonghen gave his all as per usual , lots of offensive impulses and lots of battling with Mandzukic.

Belgian Spur said:
Watched Belgium vs Croatia yesterday , it was the old song again : We should've won but a lapse in concentration and a lack of world class striker always does us (or even a mediocre striker)

Apart from that we were the better team , esp after the break where Hazard finally showed what he is capable of in the Belgian team. Dembele was decent and Vertonghen gave his all as per usual , lots of offensive impulses and lots of battling with Mandzukic.

It was good to see Vertonghen bury that free kick last Friday. In fact it was good to see 2 Spurs players put away free kicks in the last few days! Let's hope they can bury a few this season.

Back
Top Bottom